Anyone see the new EVGA gtx 285 classified?

XpediencY

Gawd
http://www.evga.com/articles/00501/

EVGA GTX 285 Classified Graphics Card
GeForce GTX 285 GPU
4-Way SLI Support
8 Phase Digital PWM
Low ESR/ESL Film Capacitor
X-Cool jumper for Extreme OC
3 PCIe 6 pin power connectors
Dedicated Voltage Read Points
EVGA EVbot support

EVGA X58 SLI Classified 4-Way SLI Motherboard
Intel® X58 Express Chipset with the ICH10R Southbridge
7 PCIe Slots for 2-Way, 3-Way, 4-Way SLI or CrossFireX Support
10 Phase Digital PWM with Switching Frequency of 1333KHz
Low ESR/ESL Film Capacitor
100% Solid State Capacitors
EVGA E-LEET Tuning Utility Software
EVGA EVbot Support
EVGA ECP V2 (EVGA Control Panel)

Last edited:
Things are just getting out of hand now. 4 way sli? Im counting 7 pci-e x16 slots.

Holy Jesus........

I thought my Classified was pretty big......

The only case I could think of that will even get close to holding this board would be the Corsair Obsidian, and that isn't even released yet......and I think you'd have to mod that deal right off the jump.

Name me why on earth you would even need this board, or that GPU......

4 way SLI.......mother of God.......:eek::eek::eek:

Holy Jesus........

I thought my Classified was pretty big......

The only case I could think of that will even get close to holding this board would be the Corsair Obsidian, and that isn't even released yet......and I think you'd have to mod that deal right off the jump.

Name me why on earth you would even need this board, or that GPU......

4 way SLI.......mother of God.......:eek::eek::eek:

Actually LianLi makes a few that fit this.;)

curious, is there a 4way SLI bridge?

Yes, there is a special bridge for this board that's designed to facilitate 4way

Ya... eVGA is doing it again. Sounds like releasing their 790i FTW solution, when X-58s were knocking at the door. Now with Gt300 around the corner they release 285 FTW/Classified/Whatever just to sell 285s out before enthusiasts will go for DX11 bandwagon. Wonder how those who buy it will feel, when GT300/5870 will come cheaper and better then this :)

Think Antec Skeleton would be only thing that can acomodate 4 :) But is there a PSU to run 4 285gtx, oc'ed i7 and other stuff, or you need 2 of them.

Ya... eVGA is doing it again. Sounds like releasing their 790i FTW solution, when X-58s were knocking at the door. Now with Gt300 around the corner they release 285 FTW/Classified/Whatever just to sell 285s out before enthusiasts will go for DX11 bandwagon. Wonder how those who buy it will feel, when GT300/5870 will come cheaper and better then this :)

Think Antec Skeleton would be only thing that can acomodate 4 :) But is there a PSU to run 4 285gtx, oc'ed i7 and other stuff, or you need 2 of them.

Yes, Vince said that he ran it with on PSU. The Silverstone 1500w

So......

MB $500
4 superdedooper GTX 285 $1600
1500 W PSU $400

Now buy a case.......$300
Ram ......you name it
30 inch monitor.......$900.
Son of a bitch....................now find one game that can make worth while????

So......

MB $500
4 superdedooper GTX 285 $1600
1500 W PSU $400

Now buy a case.......$300
Ram ......you name it
30 inch monitor.......$900.
Son of a bitch....................now find one game that can make worth while????

yoyu forgot the 1000 dollar cpu

8 Phase Digital PWN

I think you mean to put it like that. Just kidding man, that is absolutely unnecessary and out of hand. It would be pretty awesome to have though.

so this is strictly made for 3rdmark scores and maybe folding, right? please tell me that's their intent. i mean, as far as SLI goes, there's barely ever any gains over 2 cards to begin with right? In a gaming scenario, the 4th card would just be a paperweight.

All that aside, I want that mobo and 4 of those cards :)

so this is strictly made for 3rdmark scores and maybe folding, right? please tell me that's their intent. i mean, as far as SLI goes, there's barely ever any gains over 2 cards to begin with right? In a gaming scenario, the 4th card would just be a paperweight.

All that aside, I want that mobo and 4 of those cards :)

folding and bragging rights. this is the realm of high power toys, just like a muscle car is not worth anything for driving to the store this is not going to be worth anything for everyday computing.

still cool as hell though:D

Things are just getting out of hand now. 4 way sli? Im counting 7 pci-e x16 slots.

Seven single-slot cards would suck in comparison to four dual-slot cards. Also, once you've got four dual-slot cards, you're almost certainly going to be thoroughly CPU-bound. Isn't the best single-slot card now still the 9800GT? (I don't remember what the best ATi single-slot is.)

Seven single-slot cards would suck in comparison to four dual-slot cards. Also, once you've got four dual-slot cards, you're almost certainly going to be thoroughly CPU-bound. Isn't the best single-slot card now still the 9800GT? (I don't remember what the best ATi single-slot is.)

4850 is the best i think

4850 is the best i think

Yes, and later I realized that SLI doesn't support ATi cards, so the best single-slot SLI card is the 9800GT. I don't think anyone believes that seven 9800GTs would beat four GTX 285s or four GTX 295s for any task, and I even doubt they'd beat four GTX 260s.

And a power station in a cellar, along with Greenpeace mob at your house screaming "He is causing global warming" :D

it would only cause global warming if he was powered off the grid. Get some solar panels on your roof and $$.

Its pretty fuckin bad-ass of EVGA to keep supporting enthusiasts like they have. Hell-to-the-fuck-YEAH EVGA, Hell-to-the-fuck-YEAH.

I always just assumed Quad Sli was possible but never done because most boards don't have enough slots. If you can take 2x GTX295 then the drivers clearly support quad SLi. Was always a hardware limitation if you ask me.

Yes............but I'd just buy a measly i7 920 (like I already have) and overclock the shit out of it.

Or you could buy a 975 for the unlocked multiplier and go even higher without running into BCLK limits. :D

Yes, and later I realized that SLI doesn't support ATi cards, so the best single-slot SLI card is the 9800GT. I don't think anyone believes that seven 9800GTs would beat four GTX 285s or four GTX 295s for any task, and I even doubt they'd beat four GTX 260s.

Or you could use water cooled single PCB 295s and run 7 (not in SLI) for folding. Watercooling can turn a single PCB dual slot card into single slot card.

Furthermore, these aren't ment for the "average joe". These are limited run products for marketing. Well the 285 classified is, the 4 way SLI mobo has some uses. 4x GTX 380 anyone? :D

Its pretty fuckin bad-ass of EVGA to keep supporting enthusiasts like they have. Hell-to-the-fuck-YEAH EVGA, Hell-to-the-fuck-YEAH.

Yeah. Things like these are going to make me put EVGA in my next build. That and the outstanding customer service.

Maybe if they make a single slot water cooler for the GTX 380 we can have 7 of those :D
I'd love to see benchmarks on that

Back