Anyone running STALKER on an x800?

stoney_titan

[H]ard|Gawd
Well i'm stuck with this setup until may.

AMD 64 3200+ (stock) Locked bios. :mad:
1 gb of ram.
X800GTO at 585*610. :eek:

My x800 is a champ and scores around 6200 in 3dmark05'. I also had no problems running F.E.A.R, HL2 ect. With decent eye candy at 1680*1050. Anyone out there gaming with a card similar to mine on STALKER? How does it look? Please and thanks!

I was running it on just the X800XL for a while just fine, and then tossed my X800 Pro in in Crossfire mode to get a little bit better performance. I was running it smoothly at 1280*1024 with medium settings, and static lighting. Anything above static makes things drag pretty badly.

Wondering the same here, I've got similar specs to you (sig) and I want to know what kind of settings I can run STALKER at.

I'm also wondering the same. I'm going to try to get the game todayt at CC for $30 and if I do I'll post back with the results.

Yes please post back Sobek. I really want to play it but my new wide screen has been kicking my cards ass.

Sorry for the dalay. I got it last night and installed this morning with the new patch. I only played till you meet up with Wolf to attack the camp (10-15 min in) I used the console command "rs_stats on" to see my FPS. It was at about 50-70 and I felt no stuttering. My specs are in my sig. I took screenshots of my graphics settings but I can't find where they are stored. I haven't updated my ati drivers since August apperantly so I downloaded the newest one last night but haven't installed them yet just in case you were wondering.

edit: Found the directory in another thread a few pages back.

C:>Documents and settings>all users>shared Documents>STALKER SHOC>screenshots.

screenshot button = f12

anyway, pics of my current settings. These were just the initial I set them at. Haven't messed with them yet

I have to go to work so it will be late tonight before I play again.

My rig is running an A64 FX-53 with an ATI X800XT PE. If I use static lighting, I can run 1280x960 with all settings at maximum except for AA, which is set at 2X.

If I were to use dynamic lighting, however, I would have to bring the resolution down to 1024x768, turn off AA, and dial the detail settings way down.

im using an x850xt-pe, X2 3800+ 2gigs of ram @ 1680x1050 one notch on the AA slider, static lighting, everything else is maxed except grass is at 1/4th slider

Im using a single x800xl, the rest of the specs are in my sig.

Im currently running everything high with static lighting. I havent checked my acutal FPS but from my impression the game runs very smooth. there is a little bit of stuttering initially when you start but other then similar oblivion stuttering, the game runs smooth as butter.

If I'm not mistaking the x800 series don't have 3.0 shader, meaning you will get less effects ingame, meaning better performance..

i am running the game on a C2D e6300, with 2 gigs of RAM, and an x850pro. im using the latest catalyst drivers, and i can only play on high quality with all of the lighting candy turned off.

im seriously thinking of getting an x1950 pro.

I used to have an x800pro but i'm not sure if that would run Stalker. I'm really wondering how my x1900gt would handle it. Hmm..

The game hauls ass on my X800XT at 585mhz/1.2Ghz.

OP, 6828 in 3Dmark 05 for you to compare too.

runs well on my x850xt pe 1024x768 4xaa 16af in ccc high detail object dynamic lighting.

thanks a bunch for showing me that!

You're welcome.

If I'm not mistaking the x800 series don't have 3.0 shader, meaning you will get less effects ingame, meaning better performance..

You are correct. I wonder if that is why I can't select sun or grass shadows or if it is because I'm running static lighting. I don't really care since I like the settings as is mostly now.

Just got the game today, runs good @ 1280x1024, static lighting, everything high (except for grass) and 2xAA 8xAF.

Back