anyone rocking the xbone elite controller?

Still nigh impossible to find, but I was able to snag one at a local Best Buy yesterday. I was randomly checking websites when I noticed they were there. They had two in stock. This thing is really nice, I just wish there was a way to manually adjust the stick sensitivity curve instead of having to choose between presets. I can actually go back to simulation steering in Forza now, thanks to the smoother pots and longer joystick. Can't say if it was worth the money, yet, as I need some more alone time with it.

Are the Paddles worth it???
It's still going to take some learning on my part, but it certainly adds comfort and advantage to most games you can play on the system. In Fallout 4 I set them up for opening the Pipboy (B), confirming (A), hold breath when zoomed (LS), and jumping (y).

I tried setting something up for Forza but nothing felt right, so I just take the paddles off when playing that.

At this point I think the controller is worth the money. It feels great in your hands, the customization is almost perfect, and the joystick pots are perfect. My only complaint is they didn't upgrade the face buttons at all. My A button is starting to stick just like my regular controller... The extra weight may also make your wrists tire more quickly.

I don't know if this is unusual or not, but the hair trigger on my controller broke after less than 4 months of use. I got it replaced, but I'm a bit disappointed. I think the problem is that the switch is plastic. MS should probably use metal instead.

Finally picked one up at Walley World just got them in stock used my 10% discount card came to like $141.00
I like everything about it except for the paddles if they were more molded into the controller I might like them but the bottom if your hands when gripping it
miss out on the rubber grip and the paddles are in the way I think I might try a few games of COD BLOPS III if I can still find a game to get into.
The other Stand off joysticks are way too high I mean I don't think anyone could use them unless you had big hands and finger even then they don't make much sense.

I don't know if this is unusual or not, but the hair trigger on my controller broke after less than 4 months of use. I got it replaced, but I'm a bit disappointed. I think the problem is that the switch is plastic. MS should probably use metal instead.
I don't use them. I tried them out, but I found my finger always followed through the entire range of motion anyway and ended up hurting my fingers. The better option is to just decrease the outside deadzone of the triggers to 1 using the app and you'll get the same effect.
Finally picked one up at Walley World just got them in stock used my 10% discount card came to like $141.00
I like everything about it except for the paddles if they were more molded into the controller I might like them but the bottom if your hands when gripping it
miss out on the rubber grip and the paddles are in the way I think I might try a few games of COD BLOPS III if I can still find a game to get into.
The other Stand off joysticks are way too high I mean I don't think anyone could use them unless you had big hands and finger even then they don't make much sense.
The taller joysticks are for finer control and they're perfect for racing games, in my opinion. In Forza 6 I couldn't drive with simulation steering turned on using the default controller, but using the taller joystick allows me to.

I never thought of having more control in racing games I want the ones that look like Mushroom but want them shorter. I don't think I can take off the Rubber part.

I never thought of having more control in racing games I want the ones that look like Mushroom but want them shorter. I don't think I can take off the Rubber part.
I could have sworn that it came with at least one short "dome" stick. I'll have to check after work.

Note that there will soon be MS-approved Elite-grade components/upgrades available. For instance, one of the first kits come from - SCUF Elite | Scuf Gaming. As you can see, the stick/grip kit offers 3 different stick heights and provides the domed sticks you prefer. If you pick up the paddle kit, it may offer another set of paddle designs as well.

SCUF was one of several companies known for making expensive, customized controllers with things like paddles and whatnot modded in; probably where the idea for the Elite Controller and Steam Controller paddles, trigger locks etc... came from.

LOL, check this out: The PlayStation 4 now has its own knockoff Xbox One Elite controller

At some point I'll probably plunk down the cash for an Elite controller, mainly for the PC. I love the paddles and some of stick add-ons are nifty. I'm still paranoid about the bumpers breaking (they certainly do on the normal X-One controllers) so hopefully at some point we'll see an update with more metal parts.

Note that there will soon be MS-approved Elite-grade components/upgrades available. For instance, one of the first kits come from - SCUF Elite | Scuf Gaming. As you can see, the stick/grip kit offers 3 different stick heights and provides the domed sticks you prefer. If you pick up the paddle kit, it may offer another set of paddle designs as well.

SCUF was one of several companies known for making expensive, customized controllers with things like paddles and whatnot modded in; probably where the idea for the Elite Controller and Steam Controller paddles, trigger locks etc... came from.

Yeah Mods for the controller would be great down the line I just looked at the Scuf website.

Look, I just can't believe there is such a market for a controller over a hundred bucks! Yeah, I see the huge room for improvement with quality over the original, the thing is the original should probably cost about 25 - 30 bucks and the Elite should be about 50 - 60 bucks.

I bet the markup is pretty good on this thing I bet they make them for like 18.00 in China I think you are just paying for the brand name along with the Design of the thing.
It's like paying for a comic book with good artwork and a good story. You pay for the talent that went into making this controller.

Look, I just can't believe there is such a market for a controller over a hundred bucks! Yeah, I see the huge room for improvement with quality over the original, the thing is the original should probably cost about 25 - 30 bucks and the Elite should be about 50 - 60 bucks.
All I know is all my XBONE controllers are still going strong after 3 years while back in the 360 days I was individually going through probably 2 controllers a year. The pots were junk on the 360 controller, and the internal plastic bump stops for the shoulder button and triggers broke really easily. I'll swallow the extra cost for the longevity.

All I know is all my XBONE controllers are still going strong after 3 years while back in the 360 days I was individually going through probably 2 controllers a year. The pots were junk on the 360 controller, and the internal plastic bump stops for the shoulder button and triggers broke really easily. I'll swallow the extra cost for the longevity.
My XBOX 360 controllers last a few years each, and yes it was the shoulder and triggers that wore out. One of my XBONE has a defective down key on the dpad after one month of ownership. Of course with anything your mileage may vary.

I just tried this for Call of Duty BLOPS III seems really smooth for some reason. Just the movments in game more so then a standard controller. The thumbsticks must be calibrated or something.....

I just tried this for Call of Duty BLOPS III seems really smooth for some reason. Just the movments in game more so then a standard controller. The thumbsticks must be calibrated or something.....
The pots for the sticks are higher quality than the ones on the standard controller, for sure. You can change the smoothness curve for each stick using the Xbox Accessories app. I like making mine fully linear, which by default they are not.

I tried Styx Master of Shadows after COD and it's was so smooth it not even funny. Just crawling around the levels nothing a mouse and keyboard could ever emulate.

Back