anyone rocking the xbone elite controller?

Dan

Supreme [H]ardness
Thinking about buying it for my boss for Xmas. Anyone using it and have pros and cons? Other then price lol

I wish I knew. I can't find the damned thing in stock anywhere...

I'd love to at least put my hands on one and test out how sturdy it is. It doesn't do what I'd hoped (allow swapping the analog and d-pad) but it still seems pretty neat.

love it its amazing feels so much better than the regular controllers. worth every penny
E6B42A7D-AF48-425F-A589-61FFB0374D87.jpg

That's one sexy gamepad (and loving the case it comes with).

its really nice has a textured grip underside the top is rubber coated the stick are metal the magnets are strong so no play in the removable parts button presses and stick movements are noticeably more accurate. the only down side if there is one is my nyko charge cradle batteries can't be used as the battery cover snaps in differently. but i use Enloops in it. doesnt creak or flex in the grips like the normal controllers a bit heavier but feel very premium.

comes with a super long braided USB cable too.

I suspect some artificial demand shenanigans going on... Talked to some shops and I got "highly sought after," "we only get 1 or 2 of them in sporadically," "we don't know when we'll get more."

My biggest issue with it are the paddles go right where I grip the controller. So I can't really squeeze the grips like I normally do. This could be fixed if they released a button set to go in the paddle spot. From what they've said about releasing accessories I'm sure we'll see something like that.

Not paying almost triple the price for a couple extra pieces of plastic.

Not paying almost triple the price for a couple extra pieces of [strike=]plastic.[/s] metal

FTFY

This thing makes the old controller feel like a flimsy toy. If you get pissed and throw this thing at the TV, you're gonna break the TV. Like a lot of the reviews say, it sounds absurd when you hear about it, but if you try it, it feels amazing in your hands, and if you still opt not to get it every other controller you go back to will feel disappointing.

My first thought was that no Xbox One game deserves this kind of controller, but then I remembered I could use it for PC games.

Well, there's a surprise :rolleyes:. Microsoft said that the Elite controller will be in short supply through November... :mad: The Microsoft Store page says ships by November 30.

Well, there's a surprise :rolleyes:. Microsoft said that the Elite controller will be in short supply through November... :mad: The Microsoft Store page says ships by November 30.

Step #1 Make overpriced product people will hesitate to buy.
Step #2 Create artificial scarcity to drive up irrational demand.
Step #3 Profit

I see that the dickheads are already out in full force. New from $275 and used from $277.99 on Amazon.

Didn't take long for the trolls to come in and thread crap.

Last edited:
I see that the dickheads are already out in full force. New from $275 and used from $277.99 on Amazon.

Yeap already on ebay for $250 lol same thing happened with the Steam Controller luckily that was only for a short time.

a buddy has it and raves about it. my forza controller has a rubberized undercoat and its awesome, with the mods the elite has, i'm sure its worth it

I waited 5 months to buy my monitor at retail price, so I can definitely wait at least that long for a controller.

I got one with the Elite bundle from gamestop. The controller is way better than the original in terms of feel and customization but the weight will take a couple days to get used to. I used to occasionally grip the controller with one hand if I got lazy or tried to multitask but you have to hold the Elite controller it with both hands or your fingers will get tired.

Also the trigger locks are great for shooting games, you can shoot much quicker. But you have to disable them for racing games or games that are pressure sensitive with the R2/L2 buttons, otherwise you won't be able to accelerate all the way in a racing game lol.

Other thing is both I and some youtube reviewers as well seem to have received elite controllers with very clicky right joysticks. You can't turn it in a full circle without a slight bit of resistance and "click" at some point during each rotation, while the left stick seems fine. Seems to me a manufacturing defect.

Controller sounds awesome, want to get my hands on one...

However, it is a little disappointing to me stuff like trigger sensitivity and what not is on there, thing I love about console is how it's an even playing field, same consoles, same controller, but now you can tell when someone has something like this in say Halo 5, when they rip off two or three more shots than you all because they have an expensive controller....

Everyone should try this controller to get an idea of how a product should be made. Every other controller feels like a joke compared to the Elite. Paddles should also be on all controllers henceforth; I mapped them to replace the thumbstick buttons because I could never fucking stand those.

Controller sounds awesome, want to get my hands on one...

However, it is a little disappointing to me stuff like trigger sensitivity and what not is on there, thing I love about console is how it's an even playing field, same consoles, same controller, but now you can tell when someone has something like this in say Halo 5, when they rip off two or three more shots than you all because they have an expensive controller....
You know, SCUF and XIM have been things for years now...

You know, SCUF and XIM have been things for years now...

Well SCUF doesn't come with software that lets you remap individual buttons, adjust joystick or trigger sensitivity, to get the same feature set as the Elite has costs more than the elite and doesn't even include replaceable/select-able thumb sticks and D pad, and the paddles on the back are fixed and can't be changed, added, or removed and frankly it looks like it's all cheap plastic and I doubt it has the heft of the elite. So really nothing like this has ever actually existed since it took MS to add the software to the XB1 and compared to equally priced controllers it seems like they give a lot of value for the money with changeable components and better build quality, not to mention the software (at least compared to SCUF)

I was planning to get one anyway for use on the PC, but now that the lovely girlfriend gifted me an XboxOne out of nowhere, it seems a perfect time to pick one up. Anyone have any idea where to get ahold of an Elite anytime soon (ie still in December?) It seems like they're sold out everywhere!

I have to be honest, I didn't think a $150 controller would be this popular, much less sell out to the point that Amazon isn't even taking pre-orders anymore (and claiming Spring 2016 delivery!). Guess this means it won't be discounted below MSRP anytime soon, sadly (here I was hoping that now a few months after launch it would be sold for $125 or $99 by certain vendor). Anyone have any ideas?

I have one coming today... inside the Xbox One Elite bundle :p (the 1tb solid state hybrid drive system + elite controller.) Every retailer has these in stock right now. Buy console, sell console, keep controller?

I was planning to get one anyway for use on the PC, but now that the lovely girlfriend gifted me an XboxOne out of nowhere, it seems a perfect time to pick one up. Anyone have any idea where to get ahold of an Elite anytime soon (ie still in December?) It seems like they're sold out everywhere!

I have to be honest, I didn't think a $150 controller would be this popular, much less sell out to the point that Amazon isn't even taking pre-orders anymore (and claiming Spring 2016 delivery!). Guess this means it won't be discounted below MSRP anytime soon, sadly (here I was hoping that now a few months after launch it would be sold for $125 or $99 by certain vendor). Anyone have any ideas?

gamestop did have some. you're not getting one discounted way to popular and worth every penny love mine can not recommend it enough.

The Microsoft Store is saying "Ships by December 28" now, if that is anything to go by. My local stores have not had any on hand since the second week of November at this point.

Well SCUF doesn't come with software that lets you remap individual buttons, adjust joystick or trigger sensitivity, to get the same feature set as the Elite has costs more than the elite and doesn't even include replaceable/select-able thumb sticks and D pad, and the paddles on the back are fixed and can't be changed, added, or removed and frankly it looks like it's all cheap plastic and I doubt it has the heft of the elite. So really nothing like this has ever actually existed since it took MS to add the software to the XB1 and compared to equally priced controllers it seems like they give a lot of value for the money with changeable components and better build quality, not to mention the software (at least compared to SCUF)
I totally agree. Playstation 4 now has the ability to remap buttons to other buttons for any controller, now, as this is more about an accessibility issue. However, the person I was replying to was implying that using the Elite controller is akin to cheating because it can give a distinct advantage over those not using a controller like it. I was pointing out that alternative control methods that give the same kind of advantage have been available on the market for years.

Whoops! Meant to edit this reply into my previous post. Apologies for the double post.

Setting up my Elite console right now, and trying out the controller on my PC. Definitely a very nice premium feel to it compared to the regular controller (which already felt fantastic IMO.) I can see myself using this for a veeeeeeeery long time to come.

The frustration continues. The Microsoft store apparently had only a handful at a time and I just missed them. Maybe there will be more, maybe not etc. I've heard they're releasing like 5 or 10 at a time or something. Gamestop has the bundles, which seem to be the best choices for the moment, but of course cost more cash (including like $12 + tax for bloody standard shipping. Hell, overnight isn't much more). I was about to pull the trigger on one of those regardless, but then all the sudden Amazon started accepting orders again!

So I locked in a Prime pre-order of the controller itself for the standard price. However, the page still has the "may not be fulfilled until Spring 2016" listing that was on the page from yesterday when they weren't accepting any pre-orders. I called Amazon to ask if there were any updated estimates on delivery/stock etc... but the drone on he other end could barely deviate from the script and basically just read me what was on the page.. Now, I have to wonder... if prior to today, they were already so backlogged with orders that they wouldn't be fulfilled until Spring 2016 then why in the everloving fuck would they open pre-orders again?! I was looking for a small ray of hope in them opening pre-orders again because some new information on deliveries/fulfillment arose etc.. but I'm unsure how to proceed.

So apparently there is no driver to make the Elite controller work with Windows 7... great.

edit: So after reading/searching the official MS Xbox forums, this is a known issue as the hwid on the Elite controller is different and the Windows 7 driver package hasn't been updated to include it. MS responded that they are updating this soon, but in the meantime (should anyone else try using an Elite on W7 like me) you can get around it by right clicking the controller (with !) and click Update driver, then select you want to choose a driver from software on this computer (or words to that effect) then browse down to Microsoft Xbox One controller. Works like a charm now.

Last edited:
Just curious are the buttons on these mechanical or the same rubber dome style ones on the regular controller?

Just curious are the buttons on these mechanical or the same rubber dome style ones on the regular controller?

The buttons feel pretty much the same as the regular controller as far as I can tell. The shoulder buttons do feel a little snappier but that might just be because my original controller has been worn in.

Shit, maybe I should have kept mine sealed and sold it for $500,000. I think it's time to move it to my PC now, since I'm done with the new Tomb Raider. I wish there was a way to sync to two devices.

With this elite controller, I figured there would be much more drop shotters on bops3, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Everyone and their mother seems to be quick scoping these days.

With this elite controller, I figured there would be much more drop shotters on bops3, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Everyone and their mother seems to be quick scoping these days.

WOW just remembered why COD sucks and i don't play it anymore thanks :)

Back