Anyone play natural selection???

Ron1jed

Supreme [H]ardness
Sooooooooooo I loved the 1st natural selection. A mod for half life 1.

I noticed they are working on the second for quite some time. I also see if you pre order it you can have access to the beta. Is anyone playing this? Is it worth the 35 bucks? Thanks

Video looks great. But i dunno. 35 is alot for a beta!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGTyWSY3i6c&feature=related

I own the beta, and play it now and then, its still pretty fun! The original is definitely a favorite though.

I was playing the beta up until maybe... 6 months ago? It is decent fun. I wouldn't call it $35 worthy, especially when you look at the fun that can be had for free in Planetside 2 ;p

Did they ever not get it to run like horse shit?

Played the first release alpha, and a couple hours in between which was enough to intrigue me, now Im just waiting for them to get everything Ironed out. Legitimately loved the first one.

socK, if the last time you played was the first released alpha, it is in much better shape now, but still has a long way to go gameplay wise.

Just watched several NS2HD videos and boy does it look great compared to the first one. Can't justify the $35 though when it used to be available for $20.

I bought it when it first came out, so I have the special black marine armor. I've been playing since the Alpha and into Beta and it's getting better and better with each release. I've never really had many issues with performance, although I do have the occasional game crash. I really enjoy it, granted it's different that the original, but I think they're doing some really cool things. The marine Exo suit should be out in the next couple weeks along with additional polish and performance tweaks. I'm sure the open beta is not for everyone and is scaring people away. But I think that when it's complete, it will definitely be worth the asking price of $35.

I've been playing it and it's alright. Just got done playing with a cheater :rolleyes: No matter what team the player was on aliens or marines they didn't die and had more kills than both of the teams put together.

I've been playing it and it's alright. Just got done playing with a cheater :rolleyes: No matter what team the player was on aliens or marines they didn't die and had more kills than both of the teams put together.

When that happened in NS it was called skill. :D

Edit: Guess $35 wasn't too much after all. Just bought it, woohoo.

Last edited:
When that happened in NS it was called skill. :D

Edit: Guess $35 wasn't too much after all. Just bought it, woohoo.

combat was a lot easier since you didn't have to rely on your team to advance. Combat wasn't skill it was easy mode. I used to get scores like that just playing skulk :p(not kidding).

Yeah, "skill", you keep on parroting that and maybe one day you'll find someone buying it. I'm torn on which game was more broken, NS1 or NS2. I played NS1 since the first internal betas, made some maps for it, and was deeply involved in that waste of life they called a "community", but despite the fact that NS1 had deep seated balance problems the simple fact is that NS2 is seriously and utterly buggered in nearly every other area as well. I've tried to play it on 3 distinctly separate occasions since they first offered the beta for sale but unless it was magically made playable in the last 3 months (the last time I tried to jump in) each time out was a total disaster. Lag, engine problems, total lack of game balance, bugs and more bugs, nobody's playing it and the few that are playing are douche sockets, and the godawfully ridiculous framerate regardless of rig spec. It has potential but it hasn't delivered on any in the, what, 2 years the beta has been running now? Bleh.

Back