Anyone Play Americas Army??

H0liday

n00b
Does anyone play Americas Army?? I don't see a whole lot said about it here in the Forums. I think it is a pretty good game for FREE!! Just would like to hear others take on the game.

I was playing it a lot the last two months. Not much this month, I should start up again I guess.

I played it when it first came out and didn't really care for it, but a few days ago, some friends of mine told me to get the 2.0.0a version so we could all play... Needless to say, i'm having a huge blast. In fact, i'm gonna go play now :)

Ill probably give it another shot. I tried playing it when it was first released but kept running into annoying bugs so i un-installed it.

stupidest game ever.

the engine is clean, but fuck a clean engine if they're going to use it to "sit in a classroom", "watch a slideshow" and "take a test".

i guess one way to have a smooth framerate is not have any shit on the screen moving except for one guys lips (while he drones on and on about tanks and their turrets). if i really wanted to waste my time like that, i'd join the real army (hint: i'm not going to, because i have a real job). biggest waste of a download ever.

G. to the H.E.Y.

gaymericasarmy.jpg

Originally posted by bjork
stupidest game ever.

the engine is clean, but fuck a clean engine if they're going to use it to "sit in a classroom", "watch a slideshow" and "take a test".

i guess one way to have a smooth framerate is not have any shit on the screen moving except for one guys lips (while he drones on and on about tanks and their turrets). if i really wanted to waste my time like that, i'd join the real army (hint: i'm not going to, because i have a real job). biggest waste of a download ever.

G. to the H.E.Y.

gaymericasarmy.jpg

Its called a free game because its meant to make you want to go the army! Why else all the detail and training in a "game"? Lets all make our kids trained killers now with Americas Army! =D

stupidest game ever.

G. to the H.E.Y.

gaymericasarmy.jpg

looks like someones add wouldn't let them pass the training

After playing AA I'm gonna go sign up to kill me some *insert racial comment of enemy here* They are really gonna get whats coming to them when I catch them lagging, I'll sneak up behind them and knife them to death.

Nice idea, bad presentation.

looks like someones add wouldn't let them pass the training

more like "someone lost interest in the game and uninstalled it". sounds to me like you're just jealous because i was smart enough to end the stupid task and uninstall the "game", instead of wasting my afternoon listening to how wonderful the army is and how we should all want to enlist so we can destroy anyone who doesn't like us.

i guess i'm kind of silly like that... when i want to play a game, i want to actually be playing, not "sitting in a room" listening to some propaganda commercial for the stupid military.

"games" like this only re-affirm my stance on how silly i think the whole government is. what's next? a "truth" game where you sit around and "don't smoke"? oh wait! maybe a "jail" game, where you can just sit in a cell all day staring at the wall!

oops, apparently the army game beat me to that one too...

more like "someone lost interest in the game and uninstalled it". sounds to me like you're just jealous because i was smart enough to end the stupid task and uninstall the "game", instead of wasting my afternoon listening to how wonderful the army is and how we should all want to enlist so we can destroy anyone who doesn't like us.

i guess i'm kind of silly like that... when i want to play a game, i want to actually be playing, not "sitting in a room" listening to some propaganda commercial for the stupid military.

"games" like this only re-affirm my stance on how silly i think the whole government is. what's next? a "truth" game where you sit around and "don't smoke"? oh wait! maybe a "jail" game, where you can just sit in a cell all day staring at the wall!

LoL ..that was perfect..Could not have been said better :p

i used to like the game..

the sf maps are fairly interesting, but i stopped playing it about a month ago.. when i got KOTOR :D

It's a fun game. the training is a pain but it's not impossible unless you never went to school. The online play is addictive. Definately good for what it costs.

AAO is awesome and its getting better with every release.

You dont want to take the medic training? Then dont play as a medic and you dont have to. No one makes you sit and watch it.

Dont want to sit through SF training? Play the maps as IF.

I have no clue what type of game campaign thing deal i should play... i did some marksman training but which places should i go to just chilln play online?

sounds to me like you're just jealous because i was smart enough to end the stupid task and uninstall the "game

and it eats me up inside
every night
I can't sleep
I can't eat
oh why oh why did that game try and teach me something?
couldn't it be just like quake

lol

actually all the training is to keep noobs from taking spots from people who know how to play those roles

hmmmm

and in your case it seems it has worked

Originally posted by Bender_Unit_22
actually all the training is to keep noobs from taking spots from people who know how to play those roles

hmmmm

and in your case it seems it has worked

Actually its a big government conspiracy to get kids to eat more Sour cream and onion chips.

i used to play this game, but i stopped a long time ago... i played it when it first came out, i remember trying to download it and everything was clogged up!

-warsaw

Ok not the responses I expected but very entertaining. Thanks Guys for the feedback. Gotta love the Penny Arcade. I think of it as a game and not much more. Also, my tax money is going for something I can use and enjoy!!

I would like to play it, but I have dial-up and don't want to download it. Also I refuse to pay for a game you can get for free. So I sit here and go without.:(

So you're saying theres no combat in this game... or are you just to impatient to wait for it.

Originally posted by Tiny
I would like to play it, but I have dial-up and don't want to download it. Also I refuse to pay for a game you can get for free. So I sit here and go without.:(

cdr's are like .90 cents? All you have to do is ask someone to mail you a copy. There was a thread for that purpose in AAO's forum and alot of people said they would gladly mail cd's.

I would send u one. Getting cable was the happiest day of my life. I sledge hammered my 56k and I felt the weight leave my shoulders.

Back