Anyone planning to buy Global Agenda

sok0

Gawd
I just noticed on steam that you can buy the 4 pack of global agenda, and get beta access right now and all the preorder stuff for just 34$ per game with a free month included. What does everyone else think about this game?

I was in beta for a long time. I even got invited to their dev studio since they're in Atlanta. I have mixed feelings about it.

I played the beta at QuakeCon for a while. It was a lot of fun at that point, hopefully they haven't messed it up since then!

It is spose to be a mmofps, but it has instanced zones where the max you can have is 12v12 in the certain zone. Gameplay looks fun though with the four classes.... If anyone is planning to buy a 4 pack, ill buy a key from them.

I was looking forward to this game until they released the pitifully low player cap.

I bought it a few days ago. Beta starts tomorrow. It is actually a mmotps since it is a third person shooter. The only time you are in first person is when you zoom with something like a sniper rifle.

1. The fact that it's a TPS kills any interest I had in it for me.
2. I *was* interested when I first saw the trailer on Steam. A FPS (at the time I thought it was FPS) MMO? Sweet! I thought it could be a very cool game. After thinking about it for a while, it hit me... they're using the UT3 engine... that's in no way made for an MMO which large zones. It's made for enclosed maps (though still possibly large). My theory on how they're working with it is you get to see a "world view" which will show you which zones (maps) are controlled by who. In the end, it'll just be a TPS with a bit of flavor added to it... not really an MMO as you might otherwise think of it. Of course, this is all speculation...

The NDA probably restricts about how much I can say on this, but I will say that this is the first FPS/TPS MMO since planetside that brings any interest to me. I too was frustrated to hear that Planetside's massive battles and open area wouldn't be replicated in GA, but when I heard the GA devs speak about it they said something that I can remember - 99% of the time in Planetside, battles were 6 on 6, 12 on 12, or slightly more. Only a handful of times in the game's heyday did I ever get in the massive multi-hundred person vehicle battles and GA is designed to be more at the "Battlefield" level of play. Also, they've announced that there's a lot of the game you can play with NO subscription fee at all, and that the sub fee is going to be less than a standard MMO.

Give the game a try and I think a good percentage of people will like it.

I'm looking into this game. I don't know if it will work for me, i'm not a fan of 3rd person shooters but I guess I could adapt.
I thought planetside was ok. Just got too repetitive for me. I enjoy TF2 and absolutely LOVE Tribes.
I tend to play solo, just log in, kill some people and move on. Maybe 15 minutes here or an hour there. I generally avoid grouping in MMO's as the kids may require and leave the game at a moments notice and I don't like to leave people hanging.
You think this is the game for me?

Hopefully they release some sort of trial period or demo for the game. I was interested a lot in it until I saw the low player cap, and that they were allowing on and offline play. So I think it will be less online centric than I'd like...maybe more of a more persistent battlefield 2142. Than a planetside.

While it is a TPS, it really does play a lot like an FPS. To me anyhow. The low player caps are because the game was balanced and designed with 10v10 small scale combat in mind rather than large scale battles. If that bothers you then you shouldnt play the game. The maps are smaller and more contained. I have it pre-ordered and it was pretty fun. As an MMO however I think there is some maturing that needs to occur to it first. I dont think I will Pay-to-Play this one just yet.

The cooperative PvE is whats grabbing my attention, kinda looks like Hellgate.

Is there looting ?

I believe there is looting in PvE. But all i've done is the 10v10 PvP maps. Haven't done conquest mode yet but i'm looking forward to it.

Back