Anyone plan to go from s22 ultra to Pixel 7 pro?

Dutt1113

[H]ard|Gawd
I was just wondering if anyone was thinking of changing from s22 ultra to the Pixel 7 pro in October when it comes out? If yes or no, why?

I'm guessing that's something that can't really be answered until the P7 series is released and we know the full specs and get hands-on/etc.? And at that point, isn't the S23 or whatever series just around the corner?

In other words, this seems to be a premature question.

I would say no unless you don't want the S-Pen or want to to back to a google experience.

I was just wondering if anyone was thinking of changing from s22 ultra to the Pixel 7 pro in October when it comes out? If yes or no, why?

I'm not in this boat, but I couldn't bring myself to make that kind of leap unless I despised the S22 Ultra so much that I couldn't wait to be rid of it. The S22U is still an extremely capable phone; in the broader scheme of things, the Pixel 7 Pro's differences will amount to splitting hairs. I'd stick to my current phone until the advantages of a newer model were pronounced enough that it'd be worth the upgrade; I'm not going to spend a small fortune because I might overcome a minor hassle.

I'm not in this boat, but I couldn't bring myself to make that kind of leap unless I despised the S22 Ultra so much that I couldn't wait to be rid of it. The S22U is still an extremely capable phone; in the broader scheme of things, the Pixel 7 Pro's differences will amount to splitting hairs. I'd stick to my current phone until the advantages of a newer model were pronounced enough that it'd be worth the upgrade; I'm not going to spend a small fortune because I might overcome a minor hassle.

I do agree that the difference from the 6 pro to 7 Pro will be very minimal. Just hoping they put better and more efficient modem along with an ultrasonic finger sensor. It's not that I despise the s22 ultra. They are side grades to each other and each do certain things well for what each is intended. I like both Galaxy and Pixel. I'm not a fan boy of either and have had many of both. I just get bored fast and like switching often to get a taste of both for a fairly minimal price to switch to a new phone coming out. If the Pixel 7 had a 120hz 1080p flat screen I'd jump on it. I'm getting sick of these curved screens. They serve zero purpose and are a pain for expensive LOCA screen protectors

I just moved from a pixel 3 xl, great phone that I only got rid of because the GPS / location stopped working, to an S22 Ultra. Not sure a 7 Pro could pull me away in any way or form.

I just moved from a pixel 3 xl, great phone that I only got rid of because the GPS / location stopped working, to an S22 Ultra. Not sure a 7 Pro could pull me away in any way or form.
And it honestly shouldn't, no matter how well-designed the Pixel 7 Pro might be. The S22 Ultra is still a powerful phone by many accounts; short of an unexpected technical breakthrough (a huge leap in camera tech or battery life, for example), Google isn't going to produce something so radically better that you'd have regrets about buying a flagship phone released months earlier. And the odds are that it's more an evolution of the Pixel 6 Pro than a gamechanger.

Only reason I have P6P right now is because my S21U broke within a week due to a very very unlucky fall despite being in a thick case and samsung care ended up sending me a wrong model as replacement at which point I just said f it, kept my S20+ and moved to the P6P free via my ex-employer (really long story), the first couple of months were PAINFUL with awful battery life, overheating and useless FP sensor though the phone is a different device now esp. with A13. Was often tempted to switch back to S22U but couldn't justify it, will all the updates now it is close to a S22U and from what I'm seeing on the P7P leaks, it will be mostly an incremental build over the P6P so P6P/SS2U users should stay put. S23U though I may swing for, depending on what Samsung pulls off and what trade-in values are at the time.

Back