Anyone owned both an RX570 and a RX590 or 580?

SpongeBob

The Contraceptive Under the Sea
So I don't have either I have a GTX 760 but I'm looking for an upgrade. Where I live I can purchase a 570 for around $170 or a 590 on sale for $240. Both are eligible for ghost recon or borderlands 3. I might regret not waiting for a Black Friday deal but both of these especially the 590 is a good price seeing as it's cheaper than some 580s and 570s in the market.

Is the 590 worth the $70 difference over the RX570?

I'm runnin at 1080p.

Last edited:
Think about your power supply as the RX 570 8 Gb runs all my games like GTA V / World of Tanks / Devil May Cry 5 in 1080p Ultra ..

I have a RX 580. I suggest upgrading to a GTX 1660 Super. Cheaper than a 590, but it will run cooler / quieter and give you more Framerates. Also, if you're looking to do a bit of overclocking, dont bother with the RX 500 series.
https://www.newegg.com/msi-geforce-...ViZyzCh2drg6KEAQYAyABEgIZ0fD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Benchmarks at 7:50

As seen in the benchmarks above, the 1660 super buries the RX 500 series at a cheaper price.

Last edited:
I have a RX 580. I suggest upgrading to a GTX 1660 Super. Cheaper than a 590, but it will run cooler / quieter and give you more Framerates. Also, if you're looking to do a bit of overclocking, dont bother with the RX 500 series.
https://www.newegg.com/msi-geforce-...ViZyzCh2drg6KEAQYAyABEgIZ0fD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Benchmarks at 7:50

As seen in the benchmarks above, the 1660 super buries the RX 500 series at a cheaper price.

In Canada it’s $100+ more than the on sale $240 590

In Canada it’s $100+ more than the on sale $240 590

Well, that sucks. How come your prices are so screwy? I may be selling my RX 580 around the new year and picking up a 1660 to replace it. I know you probably don't want to wait that long but I'll be selling it for dirt cheap.

I don’t think the 590 is worth the price difference. I’ve got a 580 in my system and it’s an excellent 1080p card. 570 with 8gb would also be a good choice.

but also, Black Friday is like... three weeks from now. And a lot of shops start their sales early, so try to hold out at least a little while longer.

I don’t think the 590 is worth the price difference. I’ve got a 580 in my system and it’s an excellent 1080p card. 570 with 8gb would also be a good choice.

but also, Black Friday is like... three weeks from now. And a lot of shops start their sales early, so try to hold out at least a little while longer.

I think that’s the plan. Good to know though. Maybe I can grab a 5700 with a blower cooler on the cheap

I have an RX 580 in one rig. I don't use it that much, but it was pretty solid when I was.

1080p performance was good and even 4K was possible on older games with lower settings.

Don't have experience with the others, but I do remember the 590 getting lukewarm reviews.

Buying right now, I would agree that Black Friday is right around the corner and you might wait and find a good deal.

those prices are crazy. why not buy a used 8gb rx 480 on ebay for ~$90 and ship it? rx 480's are pretty industructable cards so I wouldn't be too concerned about longevity.

Reactions: N4CR
like this
That's used v56 territory... Will smoke a 590 if your psu will take it. Undervolting helps there but the transient spikes are the issue.

those prices are crazy. why not buy a used 8gb rx 480 on ebay for ~$90 and ship it? rx 480's are pretty industructable cards so I wouldn't be too concerned about longevity.

There's an idea. If Black Friday doesn't present any interesting deals maybe I'll look at doing that. I keep waiting for more info on the RX 5500 but no idea when that's coming out. RX 480 vs. 580 10-15% difference or so?

I've owned the 570 8GB .. then got into playing Hunt:Showdown and got an RX580 .. both are great budget cards .. but I ended up getting GTX 1080 because I could barely get into the 60's fps with Hunt .. now I run an RX5700XT and I'm pretty happy with it's performance above and beyond the other 3 cards I've gone through

if you are not a brand loyalist .. maybe the GTX 1060 would be a better fit for yuh .. about the same performance using less power .. 3GB is about 570 performance .. 6GB model about 580'ish performance

I run the 3GB version in my 10yr old daughters rig and have been looking to go all AMD in her 2700x setup .. but can't really justify the side grade to the 570 or 580 in her mini-ITX rig where heat and power draw are deciding factors'ish

I picked this card up on sale over a year ago and my first RX 570 4Gb card with games .. as I bought 3 x RX 570 because cheap price and I have this one paired with my first Ryzen 5 3600 build .

So I don't have either I have a GTX 760 but I'm looking for an upgrade. Where I live I can purchase a 570 for around $170 or a 590 on sale for $240. Both are eligible for ghost recon or borderlands 3. I might regret not waiting for a Black Friday deal but both of these especially the 590 is a good price seeing as it's cheaper than some 580s and 570s in the market.

Is the 590 worth the $70 difference over the RX570?

I'm runnin at 1080p.

These prices are in Canadian $?

I would not fully invest in the RX 590 because of EOL coming and the more invested in dyeing tech bigger the wallet hit .. RX 570 8Gb with the games was a better deal as I got RD 2 and Division 2 of the deal and my end cost if I bought those game was a $49 video card was my thinking as why I own one and what everyone at that time was thinking 1 year ago on Black Friday .. It's still a good little card but in another year I can not say that it would run World of Tanks in 1080p Ultra as that game is always adding more .

I have 580 and 570. Price difference when I bought them wasnt huge, but comparatively, just buy the 570. 580 is faster, but nothing to write home about.
And I bought the super oc Nitro+ SE 580. I guess I bought the Nitro+ 570 too. Paying a little more for massive coolers helps with the jet turbine noises.

Just make sure you buy an 8gb version of the 570, and the two are almost identical in performance.

Back