Anyone own the Rouge NZXT SFF Case

Vengance_01

Supreme [H]ardness
I really like the look of this case. Solid cooling, allows the use of Large heatsinks, and has plenty of room for HDs, ect...

not yet. I'm still debating over the SG01/Rogue for my music media server, The Hard drive space is a great selling point. It's a bit on the full figured side though. I'm rambling and avoiding pulling the trigger on this.

Waiting for mine to arrive from Germany... together with 3 Nanoxia fans

Cool please report. I am curious if a double rad could fit on the side. A single 120 could fit for sure, but would prefer a dual 120.

There is actually a worklog going from one of the members that involves this case Project: Rogue. He also is running dual rads from what I remember while reading his updates.

I just finished a build with this case and it is very roomy and looks great. I don't know that I would call it SFF, though.

I can't speak on dual rads fitting as I am all air in mine, but I do know that it will fit a Thermalright 120 extreme

Vorg what gigabyte is that? I have not seen a micro-ATX with that type of Northbridge cooling.

Sorry to mislead you, it is not a Micro ATX it is a full size ATX that I'm planning on getting to fit this case (keeping fingers crossed)

There is actually a worklog going from one of the members that involves this case Project: Rogue. He also is running dual rads from what I remember while reading his updates.

Sorry to mislead you, it is not a Micro ATX it is a full size ATX that I'm planning on getting to fit this case (keeping fingers crossed)

That'd be my worklog... :D

ATX is most definitely doable, as Vorg has seen as well (even with dual radiators). I should have my log updated in a day or two with pics showing exactly that.

I've started building mine... and so far the Rouge is a bit disapointing. The build quality is not as good as hoped.... a small example: I bought Lian Li's TR-3B fancontroller because it is made for 3.5". And it does'nt fit... the 3.5" bay behind is simply not correctly aligned, so I have to do some corrections to the TR-3B.
Mounting DVD drive also gave me som problems. The sides between the 5.25" bay is so wide from the drive, that the screws aint long enough, so I have to loosen the one side before I able to get the screws on the other side, to "catch" the drive. The side panels also leaves som space in both ends, and they are not "tight".
If I know now what I didnt before... I would go for Silverstone's SG03

I've started building mine... and so far the Rouge is a bit disapointing... If I know now what I didnt before... I would go for Silverstone's SG03

Any chance you want to sell your Rogue for cheap???

I got my mobo, cpu, and heatsink today. Hopefully my case will be here tommorrow, I would have a better idea if buy.com didn't give busted tracking numbers.

@KrylonArt.... Since I'm living in Denmark, I think the shipping costs would kill the idea. But I will try to modifi the TR3-B so it will fit

Yesterday I spend quite some time figuring out how to mount a 8800GTX and the Thermalright ultra 120 eXtreme, since you cant mount them with the motherboard out of the case. Accessing the screws to the GFX is difficult, and there is little room. So use a magnetic screwdriver!
It gets more and more clear to me, that NZXT had som good ideas and intentions when they startet to plan this case.... but they did'nt go the hole way... sadly.

NZXT had som good ideas and intentions when they startet to plan this case.... but they did'nt go the hole way... sadly.

its the same internal layout as the QPack but without the support braces that most usually cut.

I don t see that as particularly innovative, kind of dated actually.

Well I got it mainly because of the, taken from the pictures, great look and the possibility to use a bigger cooler and thereby less noiser fan. The last is no an option in the SG03.

My case got here yesterday, so I am off to put it all together, for now at least. I will be replacing all the fans with yates next weekend.

Was just wondering how you like the TR-3B. I'm considering one for my next build. Can you manually control your fans, or is it automatic? And it supports 3 fans, right?

TR-3B supports 3 fans, using 3 temp. sensors. Due to fault no the GA-G33M-DS2R, I have'nt gotten any further. And it might take som weeks before I get that far... due to very slow RMA handleing.

Back