anyone own a 570J ???

Redefined

Gawd
this chip will be my next one i think. will put this in a shuttle, and should run nice. but does anyone own this cpu?

Thatonen00b said:
Yes, I love mine. Runs so cold I might just throw it in a shuttle too.
That is an excellent temp - what cooling are you using?

Thatonen00b said:
Yes, I love mine. Runs so cold I might just throw it in a shuttle too.

very nice cpu man, not to be rude but.....how much you shell out for that beast? and another thing why i like the 570J better than the 560J, indeed it runs much cooler.

Redefined said:
very nice cpu man, not to be rude but.....how much you shell out for that beast? and another thing why i like the 570J better than the 560J, indeed it runs much cooler.
Why would it run cooler?

The cooling was a Gigabyte 3Dcooler with AS5, which isn't the best cooling solution but it worked fine for me. I'm about to go vapochill but i'm getting a better heatsink today cause I got paid :D As for why it runs so cool, this might be just with the ES's, but the cpu boots to 1.36v default in every motherboard i've put it in. Same with the 3.4 and 3.6 Lga775 ES chips. Newegg says that the default is 1.5 but i've never seen a retail or oem 570J in person. I didn't pay anything for the chip, but if I was in the market for one I would check out Sativamans thread http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=867714 . The temps i'm getting could very well be because they are ES chips, either way i'm shocked no one is jumping all over those. 5ghz shouldn't be too hard with my next setup, ddr2 and pci-e will rape my wallet though.

Maybe 65c at most and that is if its texas hot outside, i'll have to double check that cause i'm not totally sure. Might be a few days though, no video card and i'm too lazy to put the system back together with an MX.

Parabellum, check your pm, sorry about that!!!

Thatonen00b said:
Maybe 65c at most and that is if its texas hot outside, i'll have to double check that cause i'm not totally sure. Might be a few days though, no video card and i'm too lazy to put the system back together with an MX.

You're the first person I've heard calling a processor that hits 65 C load running cold. :p That's a great overclock on air.

65c I meant using the stock cooler, swap the HS/HSF, lower the core volt and the usual tricks you get yourself a heck of an overclocker...I'd say. But still you want that thing to hit 5 big Gs on air? dream on...

ImLazZzy said:
65c I meant using the stock cooler, swap the HS/HSF, lower the core volt and the usual tricks you get yourself a heck of an overclocker...I'd say. But still you want that thing to hit 5 big Gs on air? dream on...
Hey it could happen - maybe if you had a XP-120 with like a 200CFM Tornado and an air duct feeding air from your air conditioner straight into the it :p

Jonsey said:
You're the first person I've heard calling a processor that hits 65 C load running cold. :p That's a great overclock on air.

I think I meant 55c. I haven't touched it in a week or so, i'll report back with screenshots, etc.. after I put it back together(im lazy).

ImLazZzy said:
But still you want that thing to hit 5 big Gs on air? dream on...

You must have missed the words VAPOCHILL. If I didn't make it clear, that will be on my next system.

Back