Anyone out there with a PPU try the GRAW demo?

Terra said:
So there are no simmilarities in the lack of real physics?
The Xbox version dons't have the same "bulletproof" windows or the same lackluster gameplay? :)

Terra...

i made no reference to gameplay or physics, the demo isnt very impressive at all tho.

Yeah, after watching those vids I was rather disappointed to see the the wall just went back to being "smudged" after they launched a rocket into it in the 2nd GRAW vid. Makes me want to go back and play Red Faction some more. Sad that a 3 year old console port got it done better than this did. :( PleasePleasePlease include that Cellfactor level with the retail cards?

uzor said:
Yeah, after watching those vids I was rather disappointed to see the the wall just went back to being "smudged" after they launched a rocket into it in the 2nd GRAW vid. Makes me want to go back and play Red Faction some more. Sad that a 3 year old console port got it done better than this did. :( PleasePleasePlease include that Cellfactor level with the retail cards?

ooo dont get me started on red faction i still own the first one but the second game didnt have mp at least not on pc, although ps2 had split screen which was awesome but limited to 4 players o how i wish they did a better job with it for the pc

Gun_Strife said:
ooo dont get me started on red faction i still own the first one but the second game didnt have mp at least not on pc, although ps2 had split screen which was awesome but limited to 4 players o how i wish they did a better job with it for the pc

No shit...RF2 was one serious let down....it had so much potential, too!

uzor said:
No shit...RF2 was one serious let down....it had so much potential, too!

Oh please. The only thing it had in common with part 1 was the title. :rolleyes: I missed the x-ray guns.

Yeah, that's true about the effects physics. GRAW certainly is not a good showcase for PhysX. It just seems like a quick "hack job" on top of the engine. Maybe CellFactor and E3 will bring the goods...

I am going to give the game a whirl tonight when I get home. I will do a Fraps comparison with the card turned off and on.

My first impression of the physics card was elevated after viewing the "real time" footage on their website. http://physx.ageia.com/footage.html

I noticed that the footage is different now. What happened to the comparison with the truck getting blown up (it was on that page a while before GRAW released)? There was a clear cut difference in how the truck was being destroyed. That was the difference I was hoping for. What I see now clearly isn't worth the money...

Do yall remember the previous footage I'm talking about?

UnrealRage said:
My first impression of the physics card was elevated after viewing the "real time" footage on their website. http://physx.ageia.com/footage.html

I noticed that the footage is different now. What happened to the comparison with the truck getting blown up (it was on that page a while before GRAW released)? There was a clear cut difference in how the truck was being destroyed. That was the difference I was hoping for. What I see now clearly isn't worth the money...

Do yall remember the previous footage I'm talking about?

The one where the guy died in on one video and didn't in the other?

Back