Anyone NOT having fun with BF3?

I play the conquest 64 player servers and the tdm servers that are big. Big servers end real quick. Smaller ones end around like 8 minutes usually but i would like it to be real long to be able to get high amount of kills and points.

hmmm, that's pretty weird. how many tickets are these games starting out with? (are servers actually able to change the ticket counts?) i'm looking through the large conquest games from my recent history and matches seem to last at least 20 minutes on average.

For me, it's just a thing, I suck with iron sights. I'm fine with red dots, but I've always been terrible with iron sights.

FWIW, it's like that for me in real life too. I always do badly at M16 qualification for the USAF. They're changing it up and now I'll be firing the M4 with and without a red dot sight, so we'll see if I'm better with the red dot in real life. It also doesn't help that I'm right-handed but left eye dominant though...

If you did bad before you better get some practice in if you're on a base doing the new course. It's much more difficult.

I personally think it's not as fun as Black Ops. But it maybe me trying to get use to it.

Watched this being played first hand tonight by my brother who is basically 95% similar gamer to me, same annoyances, same expectations. Man I'm glad I didn't buy it, the whole thing is so unpolished from a gameplay perspective.

Dice really didn't deliver on a lot of fronts, handful of boring maps, lots of issues with battle log, really terrible HUD management, mini map, chat interface, weapon and character interface, squad interface, spawn system, destruction looks floaty and horrible, HUD in the way of important things in game, peoples names are too small, enemy and friendlys look so similar, mini map zoom levels are 1 extreme and another but nothing in between.

The lighting doesn't seem any better from BC2 where everything feels uniformly lit, characters seem brightly lit in dark areas, graphics were on max, latest drivers and whatnot, ran smoothly but fair few errors, models popping in, we chased some guy around a rock and the line of sight messed up and the char model dissapeared and reappeared.

The lag is horrible even on his broadband connection, hit indicators can appear when you're clearly not hitting, often a single shotgun blast will kill someone but the ragdol will fly around about 1 second after shooting them, he still had the 100% to 0% health bug when being shot at, shot around corners.

I think the worst thing was the spam in the city maps, it's hard to explain but between the grenades going off, the rockets going off, the tubes and other explosions, tracers, flashlights blinding you and lasers blinding you...it's sort of like...

It's sort of like you're Motorboating a large pair of breasts, except it's not breasts in your face it's explosions and basically a whole lot of noise on the screen, just constant, unrelenting, intense, chaos - Hurrrrr-blurburubulubublurublrubl.

At this point we both agree BC2 is a better game and that was basically ported from consoles and tweak somewhat, we're both battlefield vets with hundreds of hours of hours in BF2 and BF1942 who both own all of the add ons etc, the only game in the series neither of us played was 2142.

So yeah...heh

Watched this being played first hand tonight by my brother who is basically 95% similar gamer to me, same annoyances, same expectations. Man I'm glad I didn't buy it, the whole thing is so unpolished from a gameplay perspective.

Dice really didn't deliver on a lot of fronts, handful of boring maps, lots of issues with battle log, really terrible HUD management, mini map, chat interface, weapon and character interface, squad interface, spawn system, destruction looks floaty and horrible, HUD in the way of important things in game, peoples names are too small, enemy and friendlys look so similar, mini map zoom levels are 1 extreme and another but nothing in between.

The lighting doesn't seem any better from BC2 where everything feels uniformly lit, characters seem brightly lit in dark areas, graphics were on max, latest drivers and whatnot, ran smoothly but fair few errors, models popping in, we chased some guy around a rock and the line of sight messed up and the char model dissapeared and reappeared.

The lag is horrible even on his broadband connection, hit indicators can appear when you're clearly not hitting, often a single shotgun blast will kill someone but the ragdol will fly around about 1 second after shooting them, he still had the 100% to 0% health bug when being shot at, shot around corners.

I think the worst thing was the spam in the city maps, it's hard to explain but between the grenades going off, the rockets going off, the tubes and other explosions, tracers, flashlights blinding you and lasers blinding you...it's sort of like...

It's sort of like you're Motorboating a large pair of breasts, except it's not breasts in your face it's explosions and basically a whole lot of noise on the screen, just constant, unrelenting, intense, chaos - Hurrrrr-blurburubulubublurublrubl.

At this point we both agree BC2 is a better game and that was basically ported from consoles and tweak somewhat, we're both battlefield vets with hundreds of hours of hours in BF2 and BF1942 who both own all of the add ons etc, the only game in the series neither of us played was 2142.

So yeah...heh

:Facepalm:

So yeah...heh

Princess acting like a princess, not surprised at all by this account, as i have seen little to any problems playing BF3. What you recount is nothing but a large troll post inciting people like me.

I've played almost 200 rounds of Conquest and have all the unlocks for Support, Engineer, and Recon. I'll probably finish up Assault and then call it quits which is exactly what happened in BFBC2 for me. The main problem with this game is the level design. Once the newness wears off, I think most people will come to the conclusion this is BFBC2.5 and not a real battlefield game. I'll probably check back when they release the new maps but I don't really have high hopes.

Metro conquest isn't fun, especially when you are the team that starts on the lower level. Not sure how the developers thought it was a good idea to have so few choke points and no alternate way of attack.

That other map with the big tunnel and hallways on either side isn't much fun either. Other than that I am having a blast.

Princess acting like a princess, not surprised at all by this account, as i have seen little to any problems playing BF3. What you recount is nothing but a large troll post inciting people like me.

It all happened about an hour ago visiting my brother after work, we played for an hour or so and it was mediocre, nothing in that post is a lie, that's my experience with the game and the hours we've played the rest of the BF series are true, we're long time gamers with high expectations and BF3 falls short.

Just because you dont have some of these issues doesn't mean they don't exist.

Last edited:
It all happened about an hour ago visiting my brother after work, we played for an hour or so and it was mediocre, nothing in that post is a lie, that's my experience with the game and the hours we've played the rest of the BF series are true, we're long time gamers with high expectations and BF3 falls shorts.

Just because you dont have some of these issues doesn't mean they don't exist.

No, everything you said was justified Princess. I haven't played BC2 in a while but I do think that it was a better game overall as well. That's not to say that I'm not having fun with BF3, but you're right with all your criticisms, and if the vast majority of them are not adressed before too long I don't think this game will have nearly the staying power as BC2... well, at least not for me.

I guess it's just a matter of preference. I love the feeling of being in a battlefield (get it? ;) ) and being immersed in the explosions and chaos happening all around you. And in regards to the lighting, it sure looks amazing to me. The lag issue is really server dependent...it seems some server operators "get it" and other's don't. It's too bad the experience is so inconsistent, but I imagine that over time this will get much better as people learn how best to configure them.

OT: Only a woman could use motorboating boobs in an explanation of why something is bad. ;)

I preloaded it and played it on day 2. Was messing around testing my graphics because my machine was surprisingly capable (as in, I was using some Ultra settings). Game Hard froze after about 10 minutes. I rebooted, got into the game, took teh graphics down a bit just in case, and after about 15 minutes, hard froze again and had to hard power off the machine.

When I tried to reboot, the windows install got corrupted from improperly shutting down. I spent about an hour trying to repair it in various ways (even from windows disc), and it all failed to repair. I finally said F it and did a whole reformat.

Since reinstalling it, I havent had any crashing issues but I havent played more than a few hours (probably 3-4 range currently). I am using the same graphics settings as when I crashed the second time too. I'm wondering if its somehow related to having the beta installed - I really dont trust punkbuster.

Long story short: no, I'm not that impressed with it yet, and it fucked up my machine so that doesnt help. I have a lot of friends playing, so I may get into it more, but I am having way more fun with League of Legends and the other blockbusters that have come out.

Edit; also, the last time I played, Operation Metro made me rage quit HARD. I dont ever rage quit or get upset (even though I play tons of LoL, which is saying something), and that map stagnates so hard it was infuriating.

Couldn't have said it any better myself. This is not a true Battlefield game. It's Bad Company 3, plain and simple.

The map design for Conquest is truly abysmal. So is the vehicle gameplay design. Air vehicles have essentially no effect on the ground game. Jets and choppers just fly around in their own little world. It's a totally separate game from everything else going on. Feels like it was just tacked on as fan wank service. Also, jets and choppers shouldn't be afraid of infantry. It should be the other way around.

And don't even get me started about the lack of team play and squad play features. Someone please tell explain to me what in the fuck the point of the squad leader is. He can press Q on a flag? That's fucking it???!!! The same thing every soldier could do in Bad Company 2??? More fan wank service just tacked on with abysmal implementation. Let's not forget the joke of a (non-functioning) commo rose that looks like it was implemented about 5 minutes before the game went gold. As if that wasn't bad enough....Oh yea! I STILL can't communicate with my squad because THERE'S NO FUCKING VOIP IN THE FUCKING GAME. Instead, I have to type out what needs to be said and as a result everyone in my squad gets to see a nice big blue box covering half of their screen. Genius!

Eat a bag of dicks, DICE.

EDIT: Totally didn't even mention the steaming pile of mastodon shit known as Battlelog. Here's how a normal sequence of trying to join a game goes:

-Set filters
-Search for servers
-Look through list of servers that didn't adhere to half of the fucking filters I set
-Find a server to join and click "Join Server"
-Game starts loading
-30 seconds pass...."Battlefield 3 has stopped working"
-Try joining the same server
-15 seconds pass...."An unexpected error occurred. Are you using the latest version of the game?"
-Try joining the same server AGAIN
-"Server full."

UN-FUCKING-BELIEVABLE

Last edited:
The game is great and with a patch it will be even better. Come december servers will be packed with the release of Karkand.....

Depends what mood i'm in. Overall, I would say i'm leaning towards NO. Once it's patched, Karkhand comes out etc it will go the other way.

nVidia and ATI need to start communicating with the devs about this damn game though.

It is a bf game, there are plenty of issues. I can't get comfortable yet as far as settings are concerned. Still tweaking the visuals a LOT and the audio, I am going a bit loopy there too. Yeah, it could be improved, my hit reg SUCKS sometimes and is great rarely. That is the most frustrating thing for me. I am left feeling insecure about my aim and that is a very bad thing for a competitive player. I am working on figuring out my issues but damn it feels almost like mental issue at this point.

So no, not having fun yet. Except for occasional YEAH BABY moments like dive bombing with a chopper from way up. Try that, fun.

Back