Anyone NOT having fun with BF3?

No replies in eight hours in one of the most popular sections on the forum?

..I think the answer is no. :p

Sorry, too busy killing people... what was the question again?

I am not since I have only been able to play it for a short time and never with the config I want. The game takes a long time to setup that is all. It is exactly the reason people bash PC games. You have to install like 5 things before you can start. If you are not very careful you will be downloading the whole game even if you have the retail version with DVDs. Origin, BF3, PunkBuster, web addon, new drivers is pretty much a minimum. Then I finally got all that done and tried to setup my config. Mouse buttons dont work on my performance MX, and it allows you to bind multiple commands to the same key so you have to really comb through the config to get everything right. Clearing a key is also stupid. For a basic realistic shooter they sure did not bother to do anything to simplify the config. Every option has 3 columns for mouse, keyboard and joystick, rather than a simple primary and alt if you want it on other games. Then you have a different config for every vehicle. By default I could see through terrain until I updated drivers. I dunno if you should be able to hack just by having old drivers.

I am sure once I get this game running it will be decent but so far that is an all day chore. One of the main reasons I bought this game was that it was suppose to be a great PC game ported to consoles but really the PC part is a pretty good stretch of the imagination, I think they made it on a mac then ported it to all the other platforms just so they could make sure that it did not work well on anything. I used to complain about valve but EA/DICE have put valve up on a pedestal, and people say MW is worse cant imagine wtf that is like.

Also in the 20 minutes or so I did get to play I was diconnected 3 times. So they got some issues to work on there.

The thing that makes me have less fun in bf3 is when I get windows messages or other system notification messages that pop me from full screen mode to the desktop. Sometimes I can jump back in after 15 seconds, but more often than not, the game crashes and I have to look for another server.

I just changed my setting to "NO" for full screen and now I run it maximized on the desktop without issue. It makes me wonder whether I'm running less FPS doing it this way though.

But that being said,I'm definitely not NOT having fun. :)

I know this is not the answer you want. Having a blast in the game. Getting my behind kicked butt still fun.

Not really having fun getting blinded around every corner by some fool with a taclight, or laser sight.

Im not going to bother until they fix the hit detection. It embarrassing how bad it is. How many times have you strafed left or right behind cover to keep getting shot (while behind cover).

edit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGaP5wTYLtQ&feature=related
/thread.

Hit detection in the retail is vastly different from the beta. Besides, what you are complaining about, as frustrating as it is to me as well, is present in ALL multiplayer FPS games and has to do with latency more than anything. As long as there is a delay in communication between servers and clients, what you are describing WILL happen.

I like people who complain about hit detection.

My level of enjoyment varies with BF3. If I have a team behind me that I can trust, then I am free to rampage across the field. If not, I feel stressed out trying to do what I can when my team can't even plug leaks and stop enemies from flanking or surrounding our positions. So I'd say a lot of it has to do with my team, if they can perform, then I'm free to perform.

But for the all intents and purposes, no, I do not share your sentiments OP. :p

I'm having fun with it, but I get very frustrated at times... Such as when I spawn on my squad and die instantly. Or I sit there waiting for the enemy to turn the corner (seeing them on the minimap) and i'm prone in the dark, and I start shooting fill them full of lead, and they turn to me and kill me with a single bullet.

I get to the point I feel like throwing the mouse out the window, then have to take a break.

It depends. Are people on my team throwing down Medkits, Resupply boxes and using their Defibs, or no?

I'm not enjoying Origin and I'm not enjoying the web interface browswer. I'm not enjoying connecting to a server only to have it load up single player.

But when it works, it's fun.

I'm having fun with it, but I get very frustrated at times... Such as when I spawn on my squad and die instantly. Or I sit there waiting for the enemy to turn the corner (seeing them on the minimap) and i'm prone in the dark, and I start shooting fill them full of lead, and they turn to me and kill me with a single bullet.

I get to the point I feel like throwing the mouse out the window, then have to take a break.

start playing on HC servers. Regular servers are a joke with how many rounds it takes to kill someone.

I do agree that getting shot after moving behind cover is bad in this game. Worse than any other game I've played. So many times I've popped up from behind a wall, got off some shots, gone prone again and then was shot by the person I was trying to kill. That shit is frustrating. I know it happens in other games, just not this bad.

I am enjoying it and the comments about having a good team I concur with. Also getting past the first few levels to get some attachments helps a lot with K/D. UMP-45 = awesomeness and can be used with any load out.

I am not that fond of the heavy emphasis on vehicles. It feels somewhat detached from the intimacy of the indoor, intense close combat. (Like the 2nd half of metro). Luckily I can search for infantry only but it seems to eliminate almost all of the servers when you do that.

All in all it is a preference thing. I am not a huge fan of the vehicles but some people love them. But the nice thing is that I do have the option not play with them if I want.

I am not since I have only been able to play it for a short time and never with the config I want. The game takes a long time to setup that is all. It is exactly the reason people bash PC games. You have to install like 5 things before you can start. If you are not very careful you will be downloading the whole game even if you have the retail version with DVDs. Origin, BF3, PunkBuster, web addon, new drivers is pretty much a minimum. Then I finally got all that done and tried to setup my config. Mouse buttons dont work on my performance MX, and it allows you to bind multiple commands to the same key so you have to really comb through the config to get everything right. Clearing a key is also stupid. For a basic realistic shooter they sure did not bother to do anything to simplify the config. Every option has 3 columns for mouse, keyboard and joystick, rather than a simple primary and alt if you want it on other games. Then you have a different config for every vehicle.
Every battlefield game i remember had a config like this. Welcome to battlefield.

By default I could see through terrain until I updated drivers. I dunno if you should be able to hack just by having old drivers.
this is understandable with new engines that seriously push graphical limits, especially with the competition between nvidia and ATI to see who can release the best performance boosts first.

I am sure once I get this game running it will be decent but so far that is an all day chore. One of the main reasons I bought this game was that it was suppose to be a great PC game ported to consoles but really the PC part is a pretty good stretch of the imagination, I think they made it on a mac then ported it to all the other platforms just so they could make sure that it did not work well on anything. I used to complain about valve but EA/DICE have put valve up on a pedestal, and people say MW is worse cant imagine wtf that is like.
Its like you've never played a PC game before, either that or never played a battlefield game. I managed to get it set up, install, driver update, etc, all in about 20 minutes not including the download time. The only consolization i have really noticed is the inability to click spawn points on the map (you have to select from the options menu to the side), and the quick-time movements in the campaign. Frankly, i find the layout easier to deal with than 2142, that shiz still has me confused.

Also in the 20 minutes or so I did get to play I was diconnected 3 times. So they got some issues to work on there.
You have to choose a server with a decent ping so you don't get timeouts. Right now, there are too many players and too few servers, so what I'm seeing is that my local servers are always full, and the quick play button puts me on long distance, high ping servers. You have to pick and choose, this has been the same with every game i have played since Quake 3.

The game is buggy as hell, green flashing texture pop-up on Nvidia cards, falling through the landscape constantly, keyboard suddenly stops responding (direction keys), end of round does not cycle to the next map, rubber-banding, BF3 has stopped working constantly, crashes to desktop.

The retail game has all the Beta bugs still, poor show really.

Not enjoying it as much as I thought I would, the game is unfinished and smacks of being rushed to market.

Yes a typical DICE release, If I could sell it I probably would

The game is buggy as hell, green flashing texture pop-up on Nvidia cards, falling through the landscape constantly, keyboard suddenly stops responding (direction keys), end of round does not cycle to the next map, rubber-banding, BF3 has stopped working constantly, crashes to desktop.
---------------------------------------------------------------

- Never had flashing texture
- Never falled trought the landscape
- Never had any trouble with KEYB
- Never had trouble with end of round not cycling
- Had rubber banding, but this was a laggy server with 160MS lag
- Had 1 crash, caused by my OC..

Played about 10 hours... Online only and Coop.. for now. I had one bug on COOP tought, it didn't register me going in the HV and the mission failed..

I'm not.
Cause my preorder got f'd up so I dont have the game...... yet.

I'm TOTALLY NOT having fun with BF3. Right now.

Its actually astounding that they blatantly lied and misled the entire PC user base about this issue, and it actually explains why so many aspects of BF3 on PC are so half baked! :rolleyes:

I applaud you for being one of the few who are genuinely offended by this BS. Almost everyone else is too soaked up in the "Its a PC game because of the graphics" factor that I was starting to lose hope.

---------------------------------------------------------------

- Never had flashing texture
- Never falled trought the landscape
- Never had any trouble with KEYB
- Never had trouble with end of round not cycling
- Had rubber banding, but this was a laggy server with 160MS lag
- Had 1 crash, caused by my OC..

Played about 10 hours... Online only and Coop.. for now. I had one bug on COOP tought, it didn't register me going in the HV and the mission failed..

Lucky you, congratulations. You win the smug bastard award of the year

i am still in the middle. i dont really know if i like this game or not. The game is a big camp fest and i hate running across the map forever to just die. I love BC2 and I still play it. even the last few nights i played bc2....

Pathetic how dice said all bugs etc will be fixed for the final game.. damn jerks i cant believe how overhyped this game really is.. its years from being called the true bf2 sequel.

Its actually astounding that they blatantly lied and misled the entire PC user base about this issue, and it actually explains why so many aspects of BF3 on PC are so half baked! :rolleyes:

Exactly! It's not the first time they have flat out lied either. Watch out though, just for mentioning this we'll be deemed trolls.

I look forward to you all creating your own delusional, "BF3 is teh suck console port" circle jerk thread and staying in there.

It definitely has its quirks but I'm having a great time playing! Trying not to focus too much on my K/D and rather just have fun playing. Love me some Conquest.

I do miss BF1942 though.

I applaud you for being one of the few who are genuinely offended by this BS. Almost everyone else is too soaked up in the "Its a PC game because of the graphics" factor that I was starting to lose hope.

To be honest, games on all platforms have been getting dumber and sillier with each generation. I really blame the cost of things going up and the main streaming of everything. It's a shame but that's the way things are going. Gaming is the new Hollywood, along with all the mindless crap that entails.

Im not going to bother until they fix the hit detection. It embarrassing how bad it is. How many times have you strafed left or right behind cover to keep getting shot (while behind cover).

edit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGaP5wTYLtQ&feature=related
/thread.

Try a server with a better ping, the only time that happens to me is when I'm getting a lot of lag on the server.

And for those saying it's worse in this game then any other I have to wonder if they've every played any online shooters because this has always been an lag related issue, I can remember running through the building on the dust map in CS and then suddenly being dead on the ground right outside the building. lol!

Raises hand.

Nope.

Had the "ready to install" error, uninstalled re-downloaded and it appeared to be installed correctly. I attempted to launch the game through battlelog (via Chrome) and got the alert that it was downloading an update. No biggy. So I checked the download progress after about 5 minutes, and realized it was downloading the entire 11.4 Gb game again (three times in 12 hours). I had to go to work so I haven’t the faintest idea if it will be playable this evening.

So nope, not having fun.... yet.

Raises hand.

Nope.

Had the "ready to install" error, uninstalled re-downloaded and it appeared to be installed correctly. I attempted to launch the game through battlelog (via Chrome) and got the alert that it was downloading an update. No biggy. So I checked the download progress after about 5 minutes, and realized it was downloading the entire 11.4 Gb game again (three times in 12 hours). I had to go to work so I haven’t the faintest idea if it will be playable this evening.

So nope, not having fun.... yet.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1646594

You and some others have probably seen it but just in case you haven't. Check the first post of that thread and see if any of that helps you out. :)

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1646594

You and some others have probably seen it but just in case you haven't. Check the first post of that thread and see if any of that helps you out. :)

Yeah I had read through that thread a couple of days ago, checked it last night when I was trouble shooting the install issue. Hopefully it is kept up to date could be valuable once enough "fixes" are compiled.

Back