Anyone mining Firo (Zcoin)?

Andrew_Carr

2[H]4U
I just saw this pop way above ETH in terms of mining profitability for older nvidia cards. It looks like you generally need a multi-core CPU and 16GB-32GB of RAM on your rigs to mine it, so it's a little more costly to get into, but right now it's 50% more profit that ETH mining for certain cards. As far as what's driven this, it looks like the coin's price has jumped since last week.

Last edited:
I just saw this pop way above ETH in terms of mining profitability for older nvidia cards. It looks like you generally need a multi-core CPU and 16GB-32GB of RAM on your rigs to mine it, so it's a little more costly to get into, but right now it's 50% more profit that ETH mining for certain cards. As far as what's driven this, it looks like the coin's price has jumped since last week.

Ah, more ram... that explains why it wasn't producing for me

is it worth it?
For the last day or two it was 50% more profit than eth, so on hypothetical 6 GPU rig making 300MH/s in ETH you would make about 24MH/s in Firo or about $1.5 more per card for a total of around $9/day more in profit. Assuming you can keep motherboard costs the same, you'd need to spend about $100 more per CPU and $80-120 more in RAM per mining rig so the payoff would take around 24 days before you'd really start making more money. It may or may not be worth it, but it doesn't seem so because as soon as profit spikes for firo, hashrates spike as well driving back down the profitability after a day or two. The 2miners network hashrate shows this pretty well, with a huge spike in hashrate on their firo graph as soon as it became more profitable than eth.

Back