Anyone manually add music via itunes? Does it skip tracks?

Kongar

Gawd
You know how you can plug an iphone in, set it to "manually manage music blah blah", go to the "on this device" tab, and manually copy MP3s to the iphone? Whenever I do this, the damn thing skips tracks. If I have an album with 12 songs, I may get tracks 12345 78 10 11 12 or some random combination like that (in this case 6 and 9 were skipped). Then the device gets all screwy and won't sync anymore, and I have to reset the phone. This happens all the time on both an iphone 4 and 5. Apple forums are full of useless topics with no resolutions. Closest thing I've found is "turn off find my iphone" or "turn off wifi sync" - neither helped.

What gives? I've been at the point of "itunes sux and has for a long time" but I upgraded to iOS 8 forgetting that my usual transfer program (Media Monkey) doesn't support that firmware yet. So, I'm stuck with itunes right now. So annoying :(

Anyway, what's your experience? Itunes sucks? Or maybe something particular with my PC (which honestly runs pisser for everything else - it's been a great little rig).

I f'n hate iTunes. literally going through this right now, arrgghhh!!! took a break from fighting with it to check the news(hocp).

I created a playlist and drag files to the playlist column then sync. that's as easy as I can get it in iTunes.

I f'n hate iTunes. literally going through this right now, arrgghhh!!! took a break from fighting with it to check the news(hocp).

I created a playlist and drag files to the playlist column then sync. that's as easy as I can get it in iTunes.
Another way is to click File/Add file to library. Choose your songs, then sync.

I hate iTunes, too.

Sigh I figured as much, more hoop jumping for something that is supposed to just work. I'd get all bitchy and start mouthing off that I'm switching out of the apple Eco system, but I'm sure android has its quirks too. iTunes really needs an overhaul. Want to excite me apple? Do that... :(

Same boat here.

I just keep active playlists synced and go that route. When I modify or create new playlists, I usually delete the older ones just to keep things organized.

It's not that I hate iTunes, it's just not a user friendly application.

On a side note, the music I sync is generallygetting less and less these days. Since I have PandoraOne and Amazon's prime music, I can almost always find something to listen to while at work everyday without much effort anymore.

good luck!

Now with the 128GB iPhone, it would be technically possible for me to ditch my iPod Classic.

Anyway, I don't have this particular issue, but I suppose it's because I don't sync it up the way you do. I do it similar to pendragon1. I create playlists and then sync the playlists. I never tried anything else, so I never had a problem.

I just use iTunes Match... forget all that syncing nonsense.

To be fair, I don't actually have any experience with the OP's issue; missing tracks and the like, even with manually syncing, which I used to do quite often.

Back