Anyone know what desk this is?

Tephnos

Limp Gawd
Hey guys.

http://i.imgur.com/ImK6C.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/rnP67.jpg

Been looking for a new desk and came across one which is pretty much perfect for me. Straight desk, cable tidy legs and a beam desk to boot (I can't stand modesty panels).

I do have a galant, but with a black top. Getting kinda tired of how easily it shows up dust, so wanted lighter. If I can't find that desk, then I can just order a new lighter top, but I would generally prefer something like the pictures.

I did a ton of searching but found nothing, so you guys are my last hope before I give up. :eek:

I believe it is the Frederik from Ikea.... it looks alot like mine, I can get a Pic up later.

That's not the Frederick, I've got one of those, looks very different. I think that's an old school Jerker, you can get them on craigslist Ikea don't make them anymore.

I've never seen a Ikea desk that looks like that. Closest is Jerker but I don't think it's ikea at all.

Besides the desk what bookshelves are those?

EDIT: I noticed that they where not book shelves speakers.

Last edited:
Looks like a Herman Miller part. I have the same lam on mine and in the pic it appears to be 1.0" thick. May be Haworth but their surfaces are 1.25" It may also be a standard worksurface on aftermarket legs/stretcher bar.

Looks like a Herman Miller part. I have the same lam on mine and in the pic it appears to be 1.0" thick. May be Haworth but their surfaces are 1.25" It may also be a standard worksurface on aftermarket legs/stretcher bar.

Closest answer so far I think. I know it's an office desk as the guy whose pics it is said he doesn't know what brand it is, but that he got it from his work a few years back.

He also mentioned the desk is about an inch and a half thick.

If those are aftermarket legs like you say, anyone know what those are? I know they've got a cable tidy inside them as on the top pic you can see he hung an xbox controller receiver over the edge after running it up inside the thing.

It'd be my perfect desk if I could find what it is. :p

Bump. Still had no luck looking for it. This must be one exclusive desk if nobody at all knows really what exactly it is.

Source of that image:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=19466081&postcount=8872

Have you PM'd him?

Edit: d'oh, never mind. Didn't read the previous post.

Yeah, I made sure to ask him and all he said was "I got it from work a few years ago, don't know what brand it is"

All I could get were measurements, most importantly the thickness which was the inch and a half.

This is annoying the hell out of me that I can't find a simple desk with cool graphite legs. :p

these are called "training tables" I believe, search for those... might help
"training desk" will also yield results

Last edited:
Hey,

Did some searching and haven't found anything like it yet... not so sure it is a training desk as none of the results I've seen include those circular cable tidy things that come standard on office desks shown here:

MmU5E.jpg

Another view if it helps any:

ZX97D.jpg

waVHr.jpg

1JTkV.jpg

Finding it very hard to believe that this desk just doesn't 'exist' on the internet!

Just adding some closure on this thread.

It's a steelcase Doue, a range that will be discontinued soon. If you want this desk, better contact steelcase and see if you can get one.

Was fun hunting this baby down.

It does look great huh? I like my black glass one to much right now to switch to wood.

Some where down the line when the constant windexing annoys me ill get a nice wood desk like this.

That is one very nice desk. Have you found a link or where you can get one? Is the dark graphite a mod or does it come that way as most of the Steelcase desks have the ugly grey color.

That is one very nice desk. Have you found a link or where you can get one? Is the dark graphite a mod or does it come that way as most of the Steelcase desks have the ugly grey color.

If you contact steelcase about the desk they will ask you what you want. They do sell the legs in different colours, so ask about that too.

Just pop them an email through their site, that's what I did.

Do they ship to the USA, and what does a steelcase desk cost?

Do they ship to the USA, and what does a steelcase desk cost?

I have no idea, but they have a US site so I presume they would?

In the UK, they're pretty expensive. £400 when they came out, the big size for me (1600x800) was about £295 now with £50 delivery.

BUT, the quality justifies the cost.

Thanks.
So you have ordered yourself a Doue? I'm looking at the Fusion on their website it looks very similar.

I got a quote, and replied. Waiting for the email back.

I'd just go for the Doue, since they're still selling it.

Back