anyone know the release date for Halo Master Chief for PC

HAL_404

[H]ard|Gawd
Halo: The Master Chief Collection's release date is 2019 ~ PC Gamer

Was wondering ... anyone know if this date is still accurate ?

At the moment I have doubts that any part of MCC will release this year. They are releasing it one game at a time and they are still conducting private beta tests for Reach, the first game that will release. There hasn't been any significant updates since the end of August after they ran their second private beta. I wouldn't be surprised if Reach slips to Q1 2020. On the plus side, they're working on both Reach and Halo: CE Anniversary at the same time (with different teams) so, barring any serious problems, I'd imagine CE won't trail too far behind Reach. I suspect they want to get all parts of the MCC out before Halo 6 releases next year.

Edit: If you want to keep up-to-date on what is going on I suggest keeping an eye on Halo Waypoint, especially the News page. They post blogs with MCC info every now and then.

very unlikely to release this year.

Also im personally bummed they chose to start with reach as it's my least favorite halo game

You know Christmas is the best time.

Developers generally try and get games out just before Thanksgiving so they'll be available for the very start of the Christmas shopping season. That time is rapidly approaching, so I doubt that we will see the game this year given that a firm date hasn't been mentioned by the developers.

very unlikely to release this year.

Also im personally bummed they chose to start with reach as it's my least favorite halo game

Have to agree with this... they've been very quiet about this since it was announced. I get a feeling that they wanted a summer release and fell behind schedule. The competitive holiday season is a bad time to start launching remasters of old games that many of us have played already. Launching early next year seems much smarter to me, even if the games are ready sooner than that.

I can't comment on Reach or ODST as I haven't played them. I only played the games with the Masterchief.

Like Sharknice said, don't get your hopes up.

Then again they are taking there time here, so maybe, just maybe we will get the MCC we deserve.

Aside from that Reach was both my favorite and just behind 3. If I had to rank them I'd say Halo, Halo 3/Reach, Halo 2, ODST.

Reach is technically/mechanically the best Halo game, it is an evolution not reinvention of everything in the Halo series while also taking advantage of more powerful systems and streamlined programming as the 360 approached EOL. That being said, its plot isn't as tight and it suffers from Prequel-itis (as in you have all this tech that isn't present in full in any other halo).

ODST was a good shooter, but doesn't feel like Halo as your playing an ODST trooper.

Halo 2... ugh I did not care for its cliff hanger plot and switching between MC and the Elite.

Halo gets top spot for me because it was fresh when it came out, even though 3, reach, and even ODST are mechanically superior games. Plus I know some sweet glitches and easter eggs in Halo that I never found in the other games.

Halo 3 is the conclusion to the story, an evolution of the game and its mechanics, and loved everything about it except the Elites being replaced by the Brutes. If you liked Halo 3's mechanics but wanted to fight more Elites, then Reach is the game for you.

I rank them this way:

Halo, Halo 4, Halo 3, Halo 2 and Halo Guardians.

I rank them this way:

Halo, Halo 4, Halo 3, Halo 2 and Halo Guardians.

I don't really count 343's work, different studio, different writing, and different direction. I like them but it is clear they aren't Bungie games.

Also they did the stupid swapping thing again.

I don't really count 343's work, different studio, different writing, and different direction. I like them but it is clear they aren't Bungie games.

Also they did the stupid swapping thing again.

That was in Guardians, not Halo 4.

That was in Guardians, not Halo 4.

Halo 4 was 343 though, so covered in my prior thoughts. Yes they did it in their ‘halo 2’ probably someone’s idea of a homage to Bungie.

Proper halo died with Bungie leaving, but I am super excited to see what happens with Destiny our from Activitions yoke!

Looks like starting in December - Steam preorder is up.

40 bucks for the whole pack... Honestly that seems pretty reasonable, better than I expected.

40 bucks for the whole pack... Honestly that seems pretty reasonable, better than I expected.

$10 for just Reach also.

Kudos to Microsoft, this is an incredibly fair price whether buying the pack or A La Carte. I hope these sell well. I'd love to see Halo 5 make it to PC as well before Infinity launches.

is the price of $40 just if you pre-order or will that be the price once the game is released?

Last edited:

Many of us have been saying that this would be the price. It was $40 when it came out on the Xbox One, so there was no reason to think it would be anymore expensive on PC.

Many of us have been saying that this would be the price. It was $40 when it came out on the Xbox One, so there was no reason to think it would be anymore expensive on PC.

I am pretty sure MCC launched at $60. The price dropped to $30 ($40 now with Reach) much later.

Ok so if you buy ‘Reach’ for $40 you’re buying the whole collection but they’ll only release one at a time I guess?

Ok so if you buy ‘Reach’ for $40 you’re buying the whole collection but they’ll only release one at a time I guess?

Yes. If you buy the $10 Reach, you are just buying Reach. If you buy at $40, you are getting all the Halo's, but you'll only be getting Reach on launch day. My guess is the rest of them will release every few months over 2020.

Reactions: w35t
like this
2019 is the only information we have as far as I know.
Hey Dan... Noticed your rig very much like mine... My original setup was with EK custom water cooling on the CPU. It looked amazing when finished w/ the blood-red coolant. So, everything assembled, no leaks, first boot > NADA, turned out to be bent pins on CPU slot of MB. SO, had to take everything apart to send the Asus board back for replacement... Taking apart the custom loop was a PITA. When I got the new MB back I went traditional Noctua heatsink/fans combo... :(

Hey Dan... Noticed your rig very much like mine... My original setup was with EK custom water cooling on the CPU. It looked amazing when finished w/ the blood-red coolant. So, everything assembled, no leaks, first boot > NADA, turned out to be bent pins on CPU slot of MB. SO, had to take everything apart to send the Asus board back for replacement... Taking apart the custom loop was a PITA. When I got the new MB back I went traditional Noctua heatsink/fans combo... :(

I've had no problems out of mine thus far. I may end up back on HEDT sometime later this year though. I may get into more video editing tasks and setup some VM's for various things. As a result, I'd like a bit more power to go around for that sort of thing. I won't be going back to a second generation Threadripper though. I was disappointed by their gaming performance. Third generation is looking good, but wow, they are expensive. Honestly, Intel's HEDT offerings may be more in line with what I'm looking for now that they've slashed prices. I already have X299 boards so it would be easy for me.

yeeryEdl.jpg

My guess is the rest of them will release every few months over 2020.

Might take a bit longer than that, at least depending on the amount of work needed for each release. CE should be pretty quick-ish after Reach since they had a different studio working on that while Splash Damage did Reach. I wouldn't be surprised if it took 6-9 months for them all to get out. I assume MS wants all of the MCC out before Halo 6 releases, which will probably be around this time next year.

Looks like 343 posted a new development update a head of launch.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-development-update-november-2019

Some key things I found while reading:

There will be things that aren't fully up to snuff on launch and will be further updated as time goes on. They've been saying this for a bit, but I really hope it at least means the game itself works well enough at launch.

Mouse input has changed from Flight Three, but it is another thing they're going to iterate on after launch as well.

They still have no plans to change aim-assist in the game. The say its due to game design and changing it would cause other issues to deal with. They are supposedly looking into making it opt-in and how that would effect matchmaking and search times.

VFR will be in the game at launch and has been changed since Flight Three. They say it will be an "experimental" feature and likely need more work. They didn't say if it still caused some increased latency issues, guess we'll have to see on launch.

On the audio side they say there will still need to be work done after launch since the port required completely new encoding. They supposedly fixed the dynamic audio issue that was reported on by people in the flights. However, they note that getting all the other audio stuff worked out will "take some time". So..That'll be interesting.

Vsync, crash, stuck bugs that they were able to reproduce have apparently been fixed.

No Forge or Theater for Reach until sometime next year.

All the maps and modes they migrated earlier this year will be in by launch.

There's some multiplayer stuff in there that I'm not interested in enough to bother detailing here, but for folks that want to get big into Reach MP its probably worth reading. They have a fairly deep dive into some weapon mechanic changes that might mean something to people that have played more online shooters than me.

There is another section on input latency and work they've done on it. I think it looks good...Maybe? Honestly, some of that goes over my head so can anyone put those charts and stuff in laymen's terms?

I've had no problems out of mine thus far. I may end up back on HEDT sometime later this year though. I may get into more video editing tasks and setup some VM's for various things. As a result, I'd like a bit more power to go around for that sort of thing. I won't be going back to a second generation Threadripper though. I was disappointed by their gaming performance. Third generation is looking good, but wow, they are expensive. Honestly, Intel's HEDT offerings may be more in line with what I'm looking for now that they've slashed prices. I already have X299 boards so it would be easy for me.

View attachment 201936
Here's my rig w/ the EK cooling...
upload_2019-11-25_11-40-47.png

Per the Windows Store, this is a GamePass game. I'm loving that feature.

Back