Anyone know of an X800 that has dual DVI and is AGP?

N

NecessaryEvil

I really want to upgrade my 9800XT...I want better performance, but my priority is dual DVI.

I've found an MSI 6800 Ultra that will suit my needs...but I'd prefer to go with the x800, as it should require less power (I might have to upgrade my system and give up my shuttle depending on the 6800U's requirements)

So far, the only Dual DVI x800 I've seen is the Asus PCI-E. That does me no good, as I'm trying to -avoid- replacing my shuttle cube.

Anyone know of somethign that'll suit my needs?
1. Dual DVI
2. Single slot
3. Performs better than my 9800XT.

Considering that this product isn't even launched in the normal vga/dvi variation, i would hold my breather before trying to find a dvi/dvi solution.

It will come t market just wait a little bit, gainward is known for doing stuff like that where they release dual dvi cards to market. So watch out for them.

Gainward doesn't put out Radeons though.

if I go GeForce, I have a card already picked out.

But, that card comes with the potential to cost me $2000 upgrade, rather than a $200.

(of course, most of that 2000 is because I plan on splicing the roles of 2 systems into 1 chassis...but if I can get away with a new card that will work in the shuttle, I know I can get over $300 out of my 9800XT)

Also looking for one of these. For anyone content with LCD's I don't know why this wouldn't be listed as a want for a dream system. It's pretty obvious that you'd want to go all digital with two high end LCD's- I mean, the though of analog disgusts me.

Uh. All cards come w/ DVI + VGA. There are such things as VGA/DVI adapters you know?

I think most everyone knows that there are DVI-VGA adapters, however alot of people will tell you that they reduce signal quality and cause image defects.

I can tell you that you won't normally notice if you have a dual DVI card and attach analog monitors to both ports. You'll get equal and probably minor degredation in signal quality. But if you have one analog and one DVI adapted to analog you'll notice the adapted signal isn't as good producing an inferior image.

Personally I Think Dual analog and dual DVI should be an option for all high end cards. That way any of us that want to use CRT's can and any that use LCD's can without adapters.

For people that need both they should get Dual DVI and adapt to what they need.

I've been searching around for one myself and checked all the manufactures site and it doesn't look like there are any on the horizon. Hopefully someone will put one out.

I emailed ati asking about this around a week ago, all I got back was a link to the x800 series specs and a links to all their partners, I took that as a no.

but it also came as PCI Express.

Which does me no good.

I need AGP Dual DVI.

Back