Anyone know of an open source HTML image map creator?

RavinDJ

Supreme [H]ardness
Anyone know of an open source HTML image map creator?

I found a good one, http://www.coffeecup.com/image-mapper/, but it's not open source... I only need it for the next couple of days and I don't want to install trial-ware just to remove it later... I'd like to actually keep it just in case I might use it in the future...

Thanks!

Dear Lord, that's still under development? I remeber using some of their stuff a decade+ ago.

Image Maps aren't a great way to go. They're often counter-intuitive and hard to make accessible. I'd seriously consider another solution.

Adobe Fireworks is the friggin master of imagemaps, it is made for doing web images and has a whole set of tools for doing maps.

You can pickup a trial of it from Adobe, though it is not a free solution obviously.

Thx for the posts, guys. I'm actually helping a friend of mine with an image map that he has to do for class. The teacher said use "any tool at your disposal".

It's some stupid "how to make a website" class... you should see this book... it's freakin' ancient!

I think the WORST for me... was when he turned to a chapter entitled "How to use frames"... I'm like, WTF?!?!?!?

Why not just use a text editor?

Yes, notepad and MS Paint can be done, and it's free assuming you have Windows, but no one really wants to go through that. The copy of MS Expression Web I use was acquired through school by MSDNAA so it was essentially free for me. Maybe he has access to software through school?

Back