Anyone know of a good keyboard cleaner?

DaRuSsIaMaN

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm looking at getting a device for cleaning keyboards--either laptop or desktop. There's a bunch of junky-looking little USB vacuums out there, and most of them don't look convincing. Especially if it's USB powered, doesn't seem like that would generate enough power to accomplish much. Does anyone have experience with these gadgets and can recommend a solution that will suck out the crap that accumulates between keys?

I typically invert and shake. Then spray with canned air to dislodge any further debris. Repeat as needed. Followed by a thorough cleaning with Clorex wipes or just a rag and alcohol.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
SN258I06TG_1_LargeProductImage.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
DON'T PUT A KEYBOARD IN THE DISHWASHER!

A lot of dishwashers will be too hot and will melt things. Plus, it will take literally weeks for all the water to dry out. Vacuum and manual cleaning is best.

I take it out to the garage and use the air hose. Those mini electronics vacuums work really well too. Mentrovacuum has lots of different models as well. Some can blow and suck you just swap the hose to the other end. It does look like those models have bags as well but I think they come with a handful of extras. Having something to clean both the pc and keyboard plus whatever else seems good if you don't have many other options.

Back