Anyone know much about the Monarch Hornet??

Nuitari

n00b
I've been looking at these things for the last few days, and I think I'm gonna be getting one. They are a tad bigger than your standard SFF case, but the fact you can upgrade them to use regular miniATX boards and (I'm not 100% sure, but pretty damn sure) regular size PSU's, makes it something for me to really consider.

Anyone have one, know someone that has one, or know much about these?

I thought the same thing awhile ago. I e-mailed them with some questions.

Normal size atx psu's WILL NOT fit. They use a smaller atx psu... its weird

Plus, this case is sooo expensive. For a 1/3rd of the price, you can get an antec aria. I was in the same boat as you awhile ago, but have since changed my mind.

Damn. I was willing to pay that price if they were using regular ATX PSU's because I could just throw a Modular PSU in there, and cut down on all the room taken up by the extra wires and such. I'm very disappointed now. :(

Specially since they said it was fully upgradeable. Fully would include the PSU, but apprently thats not the case. This sucks.

Peronsally, after 1 experience shopping with monarch, i'd say goto another company and buy a SFF setup from them

Yeah, I was really interested in getting the hornet, until I found that out. The thing is huge! I am probably going to get an antec aria, if Shuttle doesn't get the new A64 boxes out soon.

Back