Anyone know much about Adobe's COA stickers? Are these legit?

Foxhack

Limp Gawd
I recently stumbled upon this Acrobat 9 package while doing some purchases at a flea market / swap meet / car boot sale that sets up near my house. I've also had this Acrobat X package in storage for some time. I'm well aware that there are a lot of counterfeit copies of Adobe software out there, so I'm asking for help in figuring out if they're legitimate or not.

I remember there used to be sites with photos of counterfeit COAs out there, I used them back in the day when looking for info on Windows XP - and I recall seeing something like this for Adobe - but I can't find much of anything that isn't just some random blog trying to get clicks.

I know there are a lot of folks here who know a lot about this stuff so I would appreciate it if I could get some help. Here are the pictures:

Thank you. :)

Did you think to contact Adobe about checking if they're legit? ;)

Looking at the Adobe logo on the sticker I'm hesitant to say it's legit since if it's supposed to be a hologram sticker you wouldn't see it looking like that even years after being in some storage thing if that's where they were for an extended period of time.

It's kinda like the scummy rat bastards that sell "official" software on craigslist and eBay using Lightscribe burned DVDs and you can easily tell with a glance it's not the real deal media - the horrid dirty gold color of the media itself gives it away but it's so laughable when those idiots will claim "it's the official hologram media from <whatever company>", always good for a laugh to tell 'em I'll meet 'em someplace then just not show up.

Did you think to contact Adobe about checking if they're legit? ;)

Looking at the Adobe logo on the sticker I'm hesitant to say it's legit since if it's supposed to be a hologram sticker you wouldn't see it looking like that even years after being in some storage thing if that's where they were for an extended period of time.

It's kinda like the scummy rat bastards that sell "official" software on craigslist and eBay using Lightscribe burned DVDs and you can easily tell with a glance it's not the real deal media - the horrid dirty gold color of the media itself gives it away but it's so laughable when those idiots will claim "it's the official hologram media from <whatever company>", always good for a laugh to tell 'em I'll meet 'em someplace then just not show up.
Honestly, I didn't think Adobe would bother to help me because these are really old and unsupported (not to mention sealed - I'm aware they can validate serial keys, but then I'd have to open the box...) And yeah, those stickers seem iffy to me. I haven't been able to find any high resolution pictures of a legit COA online. This is the best I could find.

It's not like you can't shrink wrap the packaging after opening it, take a chance and find out. I don't know precisely what your intentions are with the software, if you're planning to try and sell it I suppose there's the concern about it potentially being pirated or stolen, sure, but it's pretty damned old nowadays and not many folk are going to be interested anyway but you just never know I suppose.

Back