Anyone know if it will be possible to buy vista direct from Microsoft?

Sikpupi

Limp Gawd
Hi,

I will need at least 3 licenses (1 ultimate for me, 1 Home premium for HTPC, 1 basic for kids pc)
Anyway it seems that the prices in my country (Finland) are extortionate to say the least, Ultimate was priced at 499 euro for full and 330 euro for the upgrade. I don't need or want the DVD's and would rather save the paper and packaging.

So downloading 1 ISO and purchasing 3 licenses should work out a lot better for my wallet and the enviroment. If Microsoft allows it of course.....

You probably won't be able to buy direct from microsoft in those quantities, but you should be able to find OEM licenses much cheaper than the full retail versions.

I like the OP's idea, but that would likely imply that MS would have to change their licensing system, plus there may be some privacy implications.

With the current Xp scheme, you can buy one copy of the software from a store and then get up to 4 additional liscenses online in a matter of minutes directly from MS .. Don't know if they will continue that practice with Vista or not...

Back