Anyone know if all keys on the Logitech 910 are mech?

I felt the keys on the Logitech 910 at my local BB and let me just say I fell in love instantly. I can type extremely fast. It's a weird feeling of cherry reds but with a lot less bottoming out feeling. Anyone know if all the keys are mechanical or if there are rubber dome in the function keys and num pad?

Yep Omron mechanical switches. They are very similar to reds with a slightly higher actuation point and they either have some sort of dampening ring on the caps or built into the switch. It feels almost exactly like reds with o-ring dampeners.

I personally don't like the feel of the dampeners. I wonder if you can take them off somehow.

As it's been said here, all the "standard" keyboard switches are omron.

So let me just point out that MX red is a linear switch.
The G910 uses unique omron switches that are tactile - so it's more accurate to say it feels like a suppressed MX brown.
Anyways, nit picking aside.

Some of the special keys (like the media control, smaller "G" macro keys and other smaller keys on top) aren't actually mechanical. I remember those keys felt like terrible sticky rubber domes. I'm not sure about the full G-row on the left either but I think it probably is.

Last edited:
Back