Anyone know about Dark and Light - PC specs?

LigTasm

Supreme [H]ardness
I saw the requirements, its a UE4 game but I don't know anything about it. Trying to help my buddy out, he got in a car wreck and is stuck at home for a while and wants to play.

He currently has an 1156 rig, Xeon equivalent of the i7-860 (cant remember the number) with 8GB of RAM and a GTX 660, 240GB SSD that I gave him and windows 10.

Whats the best bang for the buck for around $150 to get the game playing better? He meets the very minimum specs but thats it. Would a GPU upgrade be smarter? It runs on the lowest of everything but thats about it.

Last edited:
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

• MINIMUM:
    • OS: 64-Bit Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows 8, or Windows 10
    • Processor: Intel Core i5 2500K
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: GeForce GTX 960 or higher
    • DirectX: Version 10
    • Storage: 50 GB available space

• RECOMMENDED:
    • Processor: Intel Core i7-5820k 6x 3.3 GHz
    • Memory: 16 GB RAM
    • Graphics: GeForce GTX 1070 or higher

This game has been in development like for over a decade which is why I stayed away from it.
I'm wating for Pantheon Rise of the fallen personally and Camelot Unchained and with Divinity OS 2 next week. I'm seeing alot more games using X6 core procs though for Recommended specs.

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

• MINIMUM:
    • Processor: Intel Core i5 2500K
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: GeForce GTX 960 or higher

• RECOMMENDED:
    • Processor: Intel Core i7-5820k 6x 3.3 GHz
    • Memory: 16 GB RAM
    • Graphics: GeForce GTX 1070 or higher
This game has been in development like for over a decade which is why I stayed away from it.
I'm wating for Pantheon Rise of the fallen personally and Camelot Unchained and with Divinity OS 2 next week. I'm seeing alot more games using X6 core procs though for Recommended specs.

Thanks, I'm aware of these but they've changed like 3 times in the past month already, and supposedly the newest patch is going to improve low end performance. But either way, the GPU seems like the better idea? A lynnfield i7 should about match a sandy i5 at stock, but a 660 is far below the minimum (the minimums a couple weeks ago included a GTX 660 actually).

I don't play it myself, just trying to help a computer-illiterate brotha out. Maybe a used 970? Should be in his $150 budget.

!Personal opinion! it's very similar to ARK: Survival Evolved as far as performance goes, when it was first released.

!Personal opinion! it's very similar to ARK: Survival Evolved as far as performance goes, when it was first released.

Never played ark, but I guess that gives me something to search up and see what upgrade could help the most.

Oh boy if it's like Ark then expect 5-10 fps on 4k and max details.

Oh boy if it's like Ark then expect 5-10 fps on 4k and max details.

That bad huh? Hes going to be playing on 1080p 60hz screen and doesn't mind details turned down, it doesn't need to be top of the line stuff. I think the best bang for the buck right now is to keep the Xeon and add a GTX 970 or something if I can find one.

Keep the xeon and see what you can find local for a good price, a gtx 970 would be your best 150$ upgrade

Thanks guys, I'll get back to him and see if we can't find something (after he weathers Irma though).

I run a 4790k & 290x @2560x1080 monitor and its good enough. The problem with D&L is that the game is still in developement and needs better optimization among other things. They also tend to roll out a patch then roll it back (due to bugs) without notice to the users. Its very slowly progressing but I'd suggest to people to hold off for a while unless you don't mind dealing with bugs and that sort of thing that most early access games have. The average player won't like it in its current condition I'm thinking. If they finish it however...it'll be really sweet.

Back