Anyone interested in a cap to plug your T-Line?

Stang Man

2[H]4U
well, i'm gonna make a few out of aluminum, and i'm wondering what you guys think.

they'll be for 1/2" ID only.

Stang Man said:
well, i'm gonna make a few out of aluminum, and i'm wondering what you guys think.

they'll be for 1/2" ID only.

Heh... I just cut the 1/2" ID barb pass through in half and seal inside with epoxy, etc. Funny enough, the plastic ones tend to do better job grabbing the seal than metal one.

I've just used a AA battery in my new setup ... i'm ghetto lol. Thats a cool idea though Stang, if you have any extra i'll grab one from ya and throw you a few bucks for all that 'hard' work :)

HiTech-Hate said:
I've just used a AA battery in my new setup ... i'm ghetto lol. Thats a cool idea though Stang, if you have any extra i'll grab one from ya and throw you a few bucks for all that 'hard' work :)

well, i plan on selling them for 8 bucks a piece.

They will be made using a CNC machine.

i'll have pics by end of next week.

I hate to be stupid, but mine cost less than $2, and it is a permanent seal.

1/2 barb to 1/2" remale thread, and a 1/2" pipe plug

my $2 solution
plug.JPG

DiseasedCow said:
hmm, $8 is a little to much

Last I recall having things CNC'd wasnt exactly cheap...especially when you dont have the CNC machine yourself....then again it was a while since I needed anything custom CNC'd but will probably end up having something custom done since the soft tails is being reworked :)

Stang Man said:
well, i plan on selling them for 8 bucks a piece.

They will be made using a CNC machine.

i'll have pics by end of next week.

CNC sounds like overkill unless it's much more elaborate than the cylindrical piece of metal that I'm envisioning. But, I'll have to wait and see what they look like...

the pieces are going to need several operations on various milling machines to complete.

2 operations with multiple tooling on each operation on a CNC lathe; and then,
2 operations on a manual Bridgeport Vertical milling machine; and then,
deburring of every single item by hand.

i should have one ready to show you guys sometime this week, hopefully by Thursday. stay tuned, these caps will look really good!

Sounds good. Not quite as cost effective as Kronchev's cork cap, but should look a bit nicer :D

And before anyone says it, the aluminum will not be a problem in copper-based systems.

zer0signal667 said:
Sounds good. Not quite as cost effective as Kronchev's cork cap, but should look a bit nicer :D

And before anyone says it, the aluminum will not be a problem in copper-based systems.

i dunno, you cant beat free :D

if anyones interested i bought a res so my cork is for sale ;)

End plug caps from home depot don't look swank. You spend so much money sleeving your psu and you spend so much time hiding all the wires, why not spend a few bucks to replace that ugly ass pvc plug with a nice looking aluminum one?

(Note: for all of you with no windows, ignore this)

rm.o said:
End plug caps from home depot don't look swank. You spend so much money sleeving your psu and you spend so much time hiding all the wires, why not spend a few bucks to replace that ugly ass pvc plug with a nice looking aluminum one?

(Note: for all of you with no windows, ignore this)

that's what i was thinking when i thought of the idea.

I'm SURE you guys will like it :)

ooh, phallic ;P

They do look pretty sweet though. How hard is that thing to take out? It looks like it'd be a PITA :(

I dont need a cap as is mentioned (air cooling, i fear the h20), but I would like to point out that when this thread displays on the main forum view, it shows as "Anyone interested in a cap to plug your...." :D

Visable-assassin said:
If I could get anodized black ones...id but about 6-8 of them.

i have such a low production number and if i anodized them... you guys would faint at the price :(

Stang Man said:
i have such a low production number and if i anodized them... you guys would faint at the price :(

The barbell in my tongue is slightly over $200 my friend so I dont think theyd sky rocket that far LOL
But I don know on small portions anodizing costs an arm and a leg.
Damn only if one of the guys here who actually doesn anodizing would see this...they may be able to help :(

Stang Man said:

I Know how you feel.The shrouds that go with the H2o rads I sell...people asked for anodized....the price is unreal. :(

NewBlackDak said:
You spent $200 on a peice of jewelry INSIDE your mouth?

Yup done in full titanium...nice piece I might add :)
You should see how much my earrings were...titanium as well :)

I must be cheap.:rolleyes: The cartilage peircings in my ears are just surgical steel hoops, I don't even wear a watch, and I refuse to wear anything that costs over $50 except my suits. They've gotta be top notch, but I wear one less than once a month. I guess that's kind of silly considering I carry a $300 cell-phone. :D

NewBlackDak said:
I must be cheap.:rolleyes: The cartilage peircings in my ears are just surgical steel hoops, I don't even wear a watch, and I refuse to wear anything that costs over $50 except my suits. They've gotta be top notch, but I wear one less than once a month. I guess that's kind of silly considering I carry a $300 cell-phone. :D

Depending on which knife I carry with me it can range from $100-$300
Depends on if I wanna carry my Chris reeves or a spyderco :)

2Fresh said:
I Know how you feel.The shrouds that go with the H2o rads I sell...people asked for anodized....the price is unreal. :(

yup... anodization would easily make these caps 20 bucks each.. :eek:

Stang Man said:
yup... anodization would easily make these caps 20 bucks each.. :eek:

myself Id pay it...as for others dunno LOL
hmm...polished 316LVM stailess would kick major ass too my friend !

i'm gonna look deeper into what anodizing cost of these plugs, and try to get them all black anodized..

Back