Anyone here with over 10000hrs on their DDC?

I'm just curious at the real world survival rates for Liang DDC pumps. I have at least 20,000hrs on mine, probably more. I've had it for about 3.5yrs...and its been in use for the majority of that time in a rig who's up-times are metered in months (server of sorts, never gets shutdown)
It started life as a 12w MCP 350 (at the center of an Apogee Drive). I solder modded it to 18w, and bought an XSPC top. I did use thermal adhesive and attach a rather large heatsink to the bottom of the pump. Considering how warm it gets, its probably made a positive impact on the wear of my pump.

Anyways, anyone have a long lived DDC? I'm just curious how reliable these pumps have been in the real world.

I've had the same DDC-2 18w (Red/Brown impeller) since late 2006. It has had a Petra's top since about 2007. Never had a problem with it.

Until recently it usually ran non stop so it should have well beyond 20k hours by now.

EDIT: I should mention that the last year or so it has been crammed (had to do some grinding) into a Koolance MP400 heatsink. That may have extended it's life a bit.

Mine is at around the 25k hrs mark at this point and not a lick of trouble. (Crossing fingers) I recently added vent holes to the body but no other changes.

I dont have my D5 anymore, but it probably had roughly 10k hours on it when i sold it. still worked just fine. i have a MCP355 that has been going 24/7 for probably 3 or 4 solid years. i would say somewhere around 20-30k hours. not too shabby... wonder how many total gallons that thing has pumped

Yes I am necroing this post.

I was making a shopping list for a new build I am planning in the coming weeks and contemplated buying a new DDC pump, and remembered this post; I am still using the same DDC I mentioned in the post above, it must have well over 50k hours on it by now.

I almost want to keep running the pump to see how long it will hold up before it dies.

I did the same thing and this is what happened. Almost nuked my entire rig , luckily no water leaked from the pump, and the computer shut down to the cpu overheating before shit got real. Pump was about 5 years old, and reused it on 3 builds. Turned on computer, walked down stairs for a drink, walked back up to the smell of electrical burn, thought it was PSU or something else, then saw smoke coming from the pump where it melted.

plus 6 years no issue, friend bought the same his however didnt work more than a week.

not the same pump but im running a Swiftech mcp655 that i bought in January of 2006...

I did some calculations running the pump 24/7(which i do) and hours came to 75,336 total. Now, the pump has been off here and there for maintenance, new build, etc...but has been on 24/7 otherwise. I can't believe this pump is still going! MTBF is 50k hours, I am 50% past that total, crazy!

Back