Anyone here still playing Aion?

Ruoh

Supreme [H]ardness
If so, what's the state of the game? It looks like they pruned down the number of servers, but hows the population?

If so, what's the state of the game? It looks like they pruned down the number of servers, but hows the population?

I read it was going F2P in January so I would wait if I was you.

I read it was going F2P in January so I would wait if I was you.

Ahh, good deal. There was something about that game I loved. Not sure what exactly it was... but it keeps popping up in the back of my mind.

Its going free to play in Europe, last I checked there has been no announcement for NA. However, they probably will announce it soon enough.

F2P...man I bought the special edition and all the other crap to get the black wings and other early items. Then after killing something like 60 crabs to get X number of items, not getting there, I think I uninstalled and never looked back. But F2P, perhaps I'd try it again if they've patched it and changed it up since then...

F2P...man I bought the special edition and all the other crap to get the black wings and other early items. Then after killing something like 60 crabs to get X number of items, not getting there, I think I uninstalled and never looked back. But F2P, perhaps I'd try it again if they've patched it and changed it up since then...

They improved drop rates of quest items after like a year. The main problem I had was getting groups to do even the starting quests (Can't remember the location name, it's right after you ascend on the light side).

Annoyingly, even in patch 3.0 you still can't swim. :p

So is this going F2P in North America? I see something is happening on the 27th. The old na.aiononline.com redirects to this website. The video on that page is pretty darn sweet!

That's what it looks like. I didn't look very deep, but there might be some perks if you reactivate right before it goes free.

It's a very bad bad game that rewards time over skill. The only way to be successful is to grind atleast 8 hours a day. If you have a career or go to school or have a life I would advise you not to waste your time. All the hardcore players will be geared in the best armor because they've been playing like mindless zombies and will gank you every opportunity they get. It will not be a good experience. I played it for the first 3 months and could not keep up so I cancelled.

NCFail is a horrible company that only caters to the Korean players who love this kinda shit. They never addressed problems for the North/South American or European servers when subscriptions were paid, and a lot of people cancelled and left so I don't see how going F2P will improve this.
I hope they do not touch Guild Wars 2 except for publishing and distribution.

When I played I ran the largest hardcore guild on my server. I fully understand when you say grind and not being able to keep up. We used to camp bosses for 12 hour intervals; just sitting at a spot and waiting to see if a boss will pop in it's spawn window. We were all decked out except me as I never got my pants from the Miragent set to proc. Guild leader of the best guild pvp or pve and I had the worst gear... LOL!

I remember many days being logged out by the server after being warned that I have been playing for 36 hours straight and need to take a break. I would just log right back in and continue playing. What stopped me from enjoying Aion was when they switched service providers and my latency went from 16ms to 450ms. I couldn't beat a scrub trying to play at 450ms, and I lost interest in the game. I will probably login this free fortnight and see what my latency is with my new internet as I have switched ISPs since leaving Aion.

I see they have added in new content as there was only one true level 50 dungeon worth running when I played. We did S mode daily and never saw a legendary drop. Was very disheartening. Really I just want to see what Aion looks like maxed out on my new 7950.

:)

i played for the first six months or so on elyos side on zikel in a top-tier guild. haven't played in about a year and a half, have a lv51 cleric with full miragent. might check out it when it goes f2p

I might play again just for the heck of it, there are a couple places I want to visit. by any chance does anyone know what this place is? (any phat lewtz?) I took the screenshot probably a month after my guild died and quit Aion

aion0121m.jpg

2 week frree reactivation starting tomorrow

http://na.aiononline.com/rally-the-troops

goin f2p in 'the spring[' with version 3.0...getting housing, new instances, new zones

i'm debating whether to try it out again..my 55 sorc has been shelved for almost a year..made great general once..back in the day.it was fun to xform

btw, its a gorgeous game and no one can beat the re-skinning aspect of armor....sub fees for mmo's are goin the way of the 8-track player...buy to play or flat out f2p is the future

Does anyone know how to reactivate your old character? I went to log into the game with my old username and password and my character is not on my account anymore. :eek:

I made this character prior to the server merges and all the stuff that went down with the changes. All I get when I log in is a message telling me to select a server and then new character creation.

This game takes grinding to a whole new level unless they've changed things up the past couple of months.....

This game takes grinding to a whole new level unless they've changed things up the past couple of months.....

its gotten alot better..they heard the cry a long time ago...this is from a guy who was there on day one and almost slit my wrists between level 37 and 42...lol

having said that, i vowed never again to play another korean mmo grinder...you won't be seeing me in tera..i can promise you that much...btw, 'they' say the grind in tera is not bad, apparently upsetting the koreans...i hear in korea, aion is doing fantastic and tera is a flop

ver 3.0 adds 5 new levels to lvl 60 now/new zones/instnaces/housing...and its free

I played Aion a bit. I wanted to level second character after they destroyed Sins with the patches, but I just couldn't do that 37-42 grind again. The grind level of that game is stupid dumb. End game was severly lacking as well when I played it last months and months ago.

I might play again just for the heck of it, there are a couple places I want to visit. by any chance does anyone know what this place is? (any phat lewtz?) I took the screenshot probably a month after my guild died and quit Aion

aion0121m.jpg

Adma Strong Hold. It was a party dungeon and the last boss in the area is Lord Lannok

Lannokagain.jpg

He dropped mainly level 50ish extendable weapons. They weren't the best weapons in the game but they were decent for flight pvp since you gained range and thus added ability to hit while in motion. I spent months there trying to get an extendable greatsword for my Templar only to never see one before I quit. The terrible drop rate along with the terribly handled server merges and Elyos overpopulation made me hate what was left of that game.

worth trying out if you're a cheap bastard, but i've got my hands full with the Tera CB and it releases in less than a month

Tera doesn't seem like it will be fun for me. I was watching some videos tonight on Youtube and the Sorcerers seemed kinda boring just running from mobs and kiting. At least that's what the Koreans in the videos were doing.

Are there some better videos of Sorcerers doing something else than kiting mobs?

be very careful..it requires pando media booster

"Pando Media Booster is a small application that accelerates the streaming and downloading of high quality media such as High-Definition videos and large games. It uses Pando Networks' secured managed peer-assisted technology.

This application allows you to download games through the NCsoft® Launcher at increased speeds by downloading media from multiple sources simultaneously. With Pando Media Booster, you can start enjoying your games faster as they are delivered to you at blazing-fast speed. "

i will NOT load that crap on my computer..if ncsoft requires this for GW2, i won't be playing that either

way to go ncsoft..remember the outcry on 'game guard' before the launch of aion? i do..forced them not to use it

Tera doesn't seem like it will be fun for me. I was watching some videos tonight on Youtube and the Sorcerers seemed kinda boring just running from mobs and kiting. At least that's what the Koreans in the videos were doing.

Are there some better videos of Sorcerers doing something else than kiting mobs?

my and a lot of people's view on the game is: it's built similar to an action game, so it's more fun to be a melee class. i've been playing a lancer (tank) and tanking instances is awesome. boss mobs are HUGE in this game, and very animated.

also, if you have time to download it this weekend, a closed beta is going on and i have three extra keys:

i'm just going to post them since they're only for CB5 (which is over tomorrow around midnight)

YRC6GJHN7EPCMNYPANDJWTH6Y
GYAPMWYFCYA3HTDY9ENFRCL64
7555AAWD37M9HJCPEHP94NTEP

my and a lot of people's view on the game is: it's built similar to an action game, so it's more fun to be a melee class. i've been playing a lancer (tank) and tanking instances is awesome. boss mobs are HUGE in this game, and very animated.

also, if you have time to download it this weekend, a closed beta is going on and i have three extra keys:

i'm just going to post them since they're only for CB5 (which is over tomorrow around midnight)

YRC6GJHN7EPCMNYPANDJWTH6Y
GYAPMWYFCYA3HTDY9ENFRCL64
7555AAWD37M9HJCPEHP94NTEP

Why thank you! I grabbed the first code and according to the downloader I will be in the game world in 1.5 hours. Thank you again!

:)

no problem, post what you think...maybe in a different thread though, about tera.

They have come out and say that PMB is not required for Aion on their forums as well. It is just another different distribution method.

Edit NM.

They said you can remove it after you patch the game.

Last edited:
They have come out and say that PMB is not required for Aion on their forums as well. It is just another different distribution method.

Edit NM.

They said you can remove it after you patch the game.

there's a workaround editing your xml launch file...its on the general forums...i did it, and it never asked me to load pmb and i got the update just fine..some serious tech savy people in this world

anyway, having a GREAT time with 3.0...can't wiat to be able to bid for housing..some guy said monday could be the day...anyway, veterans should check this out and newcomers too...its free now..and theres a brand new server

well done ncsoft..well done

Is everyone on the new server? I installed it the other day and logged in but unless I have some people to play with I won't bother.

A friend and I started playing again the other day. Lots of things have changed since we last played so it should be interesting for a while.

I tried playing on my abandoned lv37 Gladiator, I just can't remember how to do anything, so after 1 hour I just uninstalled, guess no games for me until Diablo 3

Made a priest character this morning.

Pros

Game is very pretty for an mmo
Environments are nice to look at
Character models look nice very unique

Story is very original. I literally seem to get be one of the bad guys. Thats a nice change of pace. The Asdowhatever first tutorial mission involves murdering a bunch of slaves that didn't do anything to me.

Controls were very intuitive. I don't play mmos and even the simple ones I find the controls to be clunky and difficult to navigate. This was exceptionally easy to pick up.

Cons

Seems like its gonna be that pretty stereotypical grind until I lose interest MMO. It starts of with the usually kill x/x stuff but I don't know I'm gonna give it the benefit of the doubt.

I think theres basically this MMO crowd that enjoys these craftquestclone crap games and thats definitely not me. I'm looking for an open world RPG I can play with other people and make a little spot for myself in and preferably have some sort of ending to play to. For example the most heavily whined about and evaluated parts of most MMO's are PVP which I could seriously give a flying fuck about.

Hmm. This game thrives off pvp, but it's all about the group pvp really. Nobody cares if the gladiator owned the rogue because the game is all about grouping up to do sieges, dungeons, etc and there will be all different types of specs and classes in a raid.

Last I played the game it was still about doing collect this and kill X then return to the quest giver. So you'll probably get bored fast. But it's free and it looks pretty enough still. :)

I've played this game on and off since launch...the housing district is the best thing i've ever seen in an mmo since wow's instances

had this game been released on day one with this newest patch, it would of taken the mmo world by surprise imho...its still the most gorgeous mmo out there and being able to reskin your armor beats anything out there..very rare to see 2 people look the same..very rare except for some high end armor sets in which you can't reskin them

the movement is fluid..the spell effects are great without being 'over the top'..go look at gw2 movement..it STILL looks like your eleveated off the ground and your feet never touch it in gw2..that drives me crazy

and now its f2p...its bar far the best f2p mmo game on the market with 3.0

Maybe I'll have to bring my character back from the dead and have a look. I dunno.

I think I might actually start playing this again. I've got time to waste and don't feel like spending money on another MMO right now, and since I all ready have a lvl 23 char, well, why not?

Back