Anyone here play Sims 3?

Yossarian22

[H]ard|Gawd
I've gotten myself into Sims 3. It's a good game with a change of pace. I'm quite impressed with the plethora of options and detail that went into the game but a little disappointed in how the difficulty has become easier since the original Sims (earning small chunks of money isn't too difficult).

I like sandbox style games because they give you a chance to do crazy things nobody has ever thought of.

I had a musician with a 3 square octagonal house with 2 stories and that worked out pretty well until my game crashed in the middle of me saving it. Corrupt save >:|

Right now I'm trying to build a sort of skyscraper, however, the limit to how many stories you can build is 5. Anyone know of a way to circumvent it?

Post your stories\ideas.

I had the same thing happen while saving a huge family that I had invested a lot of time into - you can try going into your saves folder and renaming the backup save as the regular save. It worked for me, but I lost a few days.

Also, I know there was a pretty simple console command to increase the amount of possible stories on your house in TS2, but I have no idea if it exists for TS3...

I had the same thing happen while saving a huge family that I had invested a lot of time into - you can try going into your saves folder and renaming the backup save as the regular save. It worked for me, but I lost a few days.

Also, I know there was a pretty simple console command to increase the amount of possible stories on your house in TS2, but I have no idea if it exists for TS3...

Been doing the same.

The Sims 2 command was setHighestAllowedLevel, but it doesn't appear to be working in Sims 3. :(

I am, and its my first time playing sims game.

I really enjoy it a lot, and I do agree, the game does feels simple to me, in both building relationship and earning money. You can almost have a relationship with anyone in town, easily breaking them up if they have a partner already.

Something that I don't quite understand yet is how one of my sims seems to put on weight easily, while the other 3 doesn't need any exercise at all. This particular sims needs to exercise regularly to prevent it from gaining weight. And this sims have a vegetarian traits. But its good actually, it keeps the game a little more challenging for me. I just wish it applied to all sims.

I'm glad they gave the extra town for free. After playing in the first town twice, it gets a little boring. The sims living in it seems the same each time, just different clothes, and they get married at different time and all, but each sims still basically have the same looks and characteristic.

I think there may be more towns in the future, but they won't be free, lol. I really dislike the idea of selling additional contents online. I prefer if they comes in expansion packs, with new features together with all the new items, rather than having to pay extra for additional items which could cost more than the game itself if for example, one buys all 4 set of household item.

Although those packs does comes with many items, but still, together, they are no more than what the actual game itself have, and they are just items, so IMO, it shouldn't have cost more than the game itself, which we are paying for more than just items. Its ridiculous IMO.

I'm glad they gave the extra town for free. After playing in the first town twice, it gets a little boring. The sims living in it seems the same each time, just different clothes, and they get married at different time and all, but each sims still basically have the same looks and characteristic.

I think there may be more towns in the future, but they won't be free, lol. I really dislike the idea of selling additional contents online. I prefer if they comes in expansion packs, with new features together with all the new items, rather than having to pay extra for additional items which could cost more than the game itself if for example, one buys all 4 set of household item.

Kinda agree. The original Sims felt like it had more content and stuff, but then again they released so many expansions and addons for it. I'd like to see elevators and stuff. Different musical instruments. All sorts of stuff, keep it spicy and interesting.

I can say this much about the game: I haven't tried to kill anybody yet. :D

I've gotten myself into Sims 3. It's a good game with a change of pace. I'm quite impressed with the plethora of options and detail that went into the game but a little disappointed in how the difficulty has become easier since the original Sims (earning small chunks of money isn't too difficult).

I like sandbox style games because they give you a chance to do crazy things nobody has ever thought of.

I had a musician with a 3 square octagonal house with 2 stories and that worked out pretty well until my game crashed in the middle of me saving it. Corrupt save >:|

Right now I'm trying to build a sort of skyscraper, however, the limit to how many stories you can build is 5. Anyone know of a way to circumvent it?

Post your stories\ideas.
seriously what the fuck is wrong with people here? use the fucking search button! http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1034214884#post1034214884

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1425716

I think it was one of the original Sims a couple years back that I'd played. It was pretty fun for the first few days but then seemed to get boring so I put it aside and never looked back.

speaking of the sims, does anyone know of a way to build a basement? I got one in my house, but cannot figure out the proper height to make it so the stairs will work.

cool game otherwise :D

I never understood forum vigilantes. If a mod wants to lock or move it, then cool. Or you can even report it to a mod yourself if it REALLY makes your day. But really.... come on.

I'm thinking of picking this game up, but a part of me will feel shitty for sitting at a computer simulating someone else's life :p

speaking of the sims, does anyone know of a way to build a basement? I got one in my house, but cannot figure out the proper height to make it so the stairs will work.

cool game otherwise :D

youtube Easiest way to do it. However adding one to an already built house can get annoying real fast.

nice, thanks marvin. I didn't think that it was something that was even possible, just more or less a glitch with the landscaping tools

Kay, time for your daily nap, "Jonney".

Does building a basement strip you of one floor? I'm referring to the six floor limit (technically 7 since you can build into the attic or build on the roof.

With reduced content the game is quickly becoming more fun to build houses and structures rather than up your sims. Well, you need to up your sims and have them work to build bigger buildings. Or you could use the cheat 'motherlode' but I think it's cooler to do it the 'honest way'.

AFAIK, The Sims had way more content (without expansion packs) than Sims 3. If there was an expansion that allowed you to open your own business my skyscraper would make a lot more sense. :D

So still, nobody has found out how to defeat the six floor limit in build mode?

@ dr.stevil: Np at all.

@ Yossarian22: afaik even with the basement you are still limited to the max floors.

And I've yet to find a way to add more then one usable sub-level. I had 3 floors underground at the right heights but it ends up with a steep trench on the outside that cant be filled. Still got a few ideas to try.

Back