Anyone here collect classic/vintage PC games?

I still have the original boxes of the early Loki software Linux ports, including the metal box for whichever Quake or DooM thing was released.

Got a 16 ounce Bestine from an Art Supply dealer online going to try it out on only glossy boxes using a q-tip. Something like a Super Nintendo game is too risky because of the make of the cardboard.

The beauty of this if you can find a rare game with a sticker on it you might restore it and make it more desirable.

View: https://youtu.be/mLk09RwYw-0?si=K8hkCw1dnLHtcxe5

Would like to start displaying some of my older PC game boxes from the 1990s. I've found lots of places that make acrylic display boxes for console games, but none that do the custom sizing that PC game boxes need. Any ideas?

I just use Comic book bags Life size Magazine bags and Newspaper sized bags like Ultra pros without the adhesive on the so I use tape. Acrylic boxes are expensive I couldn't find anything decent online. I got a 50 count of magazine bags for like 20.oo you can trip them out them in sideways they still look good.

The guys on r/gamecollecting you can find good deals at Gamestop they carry retro games now I haven't been there in about 3 years.
I might go there today lol my experience when going there is always weird. I need to build up my PS5 collection I only have like 5 games and 1 digital.

I have a few games that are boxed. Monster truck madness 2 and NFS 2. I also have a complete boxed Suse 8.1 install. Doom 3 and NASCAR racing 2003. I have the doom collector edition from just before Doom 3 came out and it has game trailers for Doom 3 with it.

Most of my vintage stuff is SNES

Screenshot_20231006-110340.png

https://reddit.com/r/gamecollecting/s/LNyUTcVQnL

Not sure what it's worse a unused system or giving it away almost 40 years later

Reactions: t1k
like this
I stopped collecting games lol space constraints I mean all my Walls are full of games from Ultima 8 to Redneck Rampage.
Sure they are fun to look at but storage is another thing I should of stopped earlier I have 40 games on my walls now.
Was looking for Ultima The Black Gate but those run about 199.00 each I dropped some good money on a Ultima Online with the map included on the left side it's
in really good shape for being 26 years old the same game I bough at Best Buy before I got a job at Walmart I really wanted that one bad.

Now I started collecting Hotwheels instead that was my first love when I started retail getting all the Treasure Hunt cars in Toys at Walmart and selling them for 200.-300.00 for a Dozen on ebay. Now kids don't buy the cars anymore except around Christmas so stuck with the same stock plus Mattel took away the Greens stripe $ which makes them harder to find. Unless you know what your looking for but I work there now and I can't even get dibs on them anymore. They just don't stock them at any particular time at all.....They do these things called picks in the backroom and when the cars need to be filled they are filled.

There is local guy who collects the things he organizes the Hotwheels on Walmarts own peg he puts them in order and he doesn't even work there =) Then we have the ex: Mayor of our city he also collects hotwheels he's a character runs really fast around our city. He knows me by name and hates my Managers which is why I like him. He actally put the permit down to build the Walmart in our City 33 years ago.

I've got boxes of games upstairs that I've collected over the years. It was never my intent to do so but that's what happened prior to me going to all digital purchases.

Back