Anyone heard of palm/wrist wear on MBP?

a ronin

Gawd
I'm just curious if people have heard/read about people's MBPs having wear on their wrist area from excessive use. So far mine has not shown any signs of wear but I have purposely used it sparingly for fear of it happening. I know they sell those skins for it but those are gaudy. GAUDY!

Are aluminum very susceptible to "browing"?

Not that I know of...

My old aluminum powerbook started to get a "slickness" (not browning but shiny looking) after 3 years of use...

Some good metal polish, to a certain extent, took care of the slickness.

they're bound to show signs of wear eventually.

i've seen some palm rest/pad type things for PBG4. I imagine the same thing exists for the MBP.

My cooworker is experiencing some wear on the wrist/palm area. It is pretty bad. He does his his MBP a lot so theres the reason :)

I've had my powerbook g4 for about 2 years now, there are small black dots in the wrist area, but thats about it. Hardly noticeable unless you look very closely.

Arcygenical said:
Not that I know of...

My old aluminum powerbook started to get a "slickness" (not browning but shiny looking) after 3 years of use...

Some good metal polish, to a certain extent, took care of the slickness.

That is what I'm afraid of. Any wear would be very pronounced on the alumunium surface. In contrast with my Compaq Presario which I used extensively for 6 months, it had this 'slickness" since the plastic was eroding away.

I hope you guys understand, I love my MBP like it's my first born; I want to cherish it forever. Still, I wan't to use it without any training wheels.

Does 3M perhaps offer something that's similar to their LCD screen protectors?

There have been well documented issues of corrosion [regarding pre-Intel books].

These are, of course, prevented by a little care and common sense.

Back