Anyone having constant game crashes with Ryzen 2

Discussion in 'AMD Processors' started by tangoseal, Jul 12, 2019 at 2:27 AM.

1. tangoseal

tangoseal [H]ardness Supreme

I am getting kicked out of a lot of games. Drop to desktop, lockups etc... and I think the culprit is this new architecture. I have ZERO problems when using my 5700xt. But when using my 2080ti its crashing.

nVidia drivers? I have no idea what is going on here. Looking to see if there is a pattern.

edit**

I think that it is in fact nvidia drivers?!

Maybe we need a new set of drivers for these new CPUs?

upload_2019-7-12_2-28-52.png

2. mda

mda [H]ard|Gawd

3. tangoseal

Yes my system logs (windows event viewer) also shows WHEA problems and I did have a blue screen a day or so ago and thought maybe I was too aggressive on my RAM OC.

I also forced my motherboard to PCIe 3.0 instead of 4.0 (Gigabyte Aorus Master x570) to no avail.

I am going to use my 5700xt for now until nVidia drops the fix.

4. RamonGTP

RamonGTP [H]ardness Supreme

How long are you playing before the crash? As far as demanding games go, I've only played one full round of BF:V with no issues on a 3900X and 1080Ti running nVidia's latest drivers.

Played a few matches of good old COD4 at a silky smooth 700 fps with no crashes. Currently in the process of encoding a 3+ hour video with some color grading, 100% CPU load 40-50% GPU load and so far so good.

5. Criticalhitkoala

Criticalhitkoala [H]ard|Gawd

zero issues with both the 3900x and 3700x on a 1660 and 2070.

6. KazeoHin

KazeoHin [H]ardness Supreme

Anyone who changes their mainboard and doesn't do a full reinstall of Windows does not deserve to hold a screwdriver ever again.

-A professional technician

7. tangoseal

Huh? ... who are you even referring too?

Or are you just making stupid accusations?

8. tangoseal

Reinstalled my 5700xt and ZERO problems. Thus I must have the nvidia issue that we have been talking about. BFV and The Division 2 are the worst culprits with nvidia.

9. Meeho

Meeho [H]ardness Supreme

Anyone who thinks that changing a component requires a full Windows reinstall does not deserve to give advice on changing components and Windows interaction.

- everyone with bare minimum understanding of Windows and hardware

sover, Gideon and primetime like this.
  10. mda

mda [H]ard|Gawd

I wonder what combination of hardware you'd need to have to get those?

My 3700X+X470+1070TI doesn't encounter any issues in Division 2. Granted, I've only gotten to game a full <5 hours since I bought the CPU.

11. tangoseal

Funny thing is that this is on a brand new fresh copy of windows 10. So that dudes assumption was laughable.
    my problem with my 5700xt now, which I will ask in another subforum, is this damn flickering. I cant modify the low power state in wattman so I cant keep the gpu from droppingto 6mhz and then up to whatever and back down to 6mhz etc.... it causes a screen flicker in windows desktop that is annoying as piss.

Meeho likes this.
  12. KazeoHin

Stupid accusations, mostly. I'm betting the mainboard was replaced, and I'm betting that windows was not reinstalled. I'm also betting that the issue will go away once windows has been reinstalled. Reinstalled, not refreshed, recovered from image, etc, but reinstalled from formatted drive

A mainboard is more than a single component. It has tons upon tons of small device configurations and driver requirements that many times are ONLY detected and configured on install. When Windows thinks these is a problem, it falls back to running software emulation if the device. This reduces performance and causes instability.

13. RamonGTP

RamonGTP [H]ardness Supreme

You don’t win many bets do you?

PliotronX likes this.
  14. Meeho

Meeho [H]ardness Supreme

False. And motherboards barely have any (non-OS) drivers. Other than USB and maybe some storage controllers, there is hardly anything that has a driver other than what OS uses by default and detects on each startup easily. "Intel chipset drivers", for instance, don't contain any driver at all. Swapping even a MBO+CPU combo Intel<->AMD is no different than swapping a GPU. The only thing to look out for is to uninstall all the vendor's extra drivers/utilities before the swap as they can cause issues sometimes.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019 at 5:51 PM
  15. tangoseal

It's a brand new installation of windows from scratch. These are called early adopter problems and there is no reason for you to come thumbing your mighty skill set at me/us in a conceded and "better than thou" way.

Were trying to hash out what the causes of these issues are on brand new just released hardware and trying to pin down If there are patterns that can be linked.

Meeho likes this.
  16. criccio

criccio Fully Equipped

17. Gideon

Gideon 2[H]4U

It seems to be a issue in some instances with Nvidia drivers and thus why your having it with the 2080Ti and not the 5700XT.

tangoseal likes this.
  18. 777

777 Limp Gawd

Get a new training manual because that hasn't been necessary for a long time.

Meeho, GoldenTiger and criccio like this.
  19. tangoseal

Yeah they should release a fix soon. Nvidia is very fast at bug fixes.

20. criccio

criccio Fully Equipped

Agreed. My main system moved from an Intel 4690k to a Ryzen 2700x flawlessly. Windows did its thing on the first bootup figuring things out which took slightly longer then its been smooth sailing since, not a single hiccup.

Meeho likes this.
  21. KazeoHin

I don't, actually. Ive eaten a hat because of silly bets I've made and lost.

22. tangoseal

Gross, was it sweat stained lol?

23. §kynet

§kynet Limp Gawd

Some people like to watch the world burn.

24. Nauseous

Nauseous Gawd

25. tangoseal