Anyone have Vive trouble after upgrading to a GTX 1080?

MisterDNA

[H]ard|Gawd
It won't even light up now, despite claiming it's working. The light on the left side stays red when it's active and reporting "all's well". I also noticed that the mouse cursor disappears when I move to the portion of my main display where the Vive display would be if overlaid starting at the upper-left corner.

Seems ironic my HD 5870 worked better with my Vive than a GTX 1080 at this point.

Are you using HDMI or DP? There is an issue with the VIVE and the GTX 10XX series where Display port doesn't work, it worked fine with a 980 and 970 for me. It worked fine with HDMI, but I have my HDMI connected to a 4K TV.

Video not working with DP->MiniDP cable and GTX 1080 :: SteamVR General Discussions

I tried it on HDMI and ultimately had to reinstall SteamVR, but it worked. Like you, I prefer to have my HDMI connected to my TV.

Ultimately, this morning I got to thinking DVI and HDMI are similar enough that an adapter cable might work and I had one. It performs flawlessly and leaves my HDMI port open for my TV.

Speaking of TVs, does your 4K set suffer from overscan or does it do 1:1 pixel mapping like a legit monitor? My set overscans on my desktop signal when it never did on my docked laptop.

Seems that the DP connections on these cards is currently broken and Nvidia is looking into it. It is advised to purchase a card with more than one HDMI connection on it as the DP is currently bugged. Both the GTX 1080 and 1070 might be affected by this. There is a link to an Nvidia forum post addressing the issue and an official response from them acknowledging the issue.
Nvidia GTX 1080, 1070 Display Port Incompatible With Vive HMD

No problem, I have tried using Google Cardboard and it was just bullshit. Htc Vive is much better and works perfectly

Back