Anyone have the thinkpad tablet II?

Andyk5

[H]ard|Gawd
It has been sold out since it was released. I did not even get a chance to see it in person.
Does anyone here have it and what do you think of it?

Same here

It has been delayed twice, but then I thought It got released. I mean Lenovo website updated showed that you can order it, amazon showed that you could order it but it is out of stock. I am not sure. I called the microsoft store and they said they are sold out. It could easly be that they never received it and dont know the difference so they say they got sold out.

It's on the Lenovo WEB site for order. Over $600 for an Atom powered tablet with DDR2. Seems over priced to me.

It's on the Lenovo WEB site for order. Over $600 for an Atom powered tablet with DDR2. Seems over priced to me.

Well with most running the in $700 to $800 range, it's one of the more affordable ones.

I've been working with one for a couple days, bought it for a client who will be using it for RDP (2x client, actually). I'm not terribly impressed by it, as right clicking without a stylus is a pain in the ass, I can't get to control panel easily, as it doesn't recognize the corner activity like I can with a mouse.

I think it was ordered back in October or November, just came in last week.

The keyboard's a pain in the ass too...although most of that is just being spoiled by Swype on my Android devices.

Press and hold to right click via touch, works well for me. Also the Control Panel is easily accessed in the File Explorer in the ribbon when you go to Computer.

Press and hold to right click via touch, works well for me. Also the Control Panel is easily accessed in the File Explorer in the ribbon when you go to Computer.

Yeah, it works fine when I'm using a stylus, but didn't play nice with my finger. I don't know why. It made editing the start menu a pain. Luckily, all they need to do with it is open up a 2x client and log in.

I hear that the USB port can't power portable hard drives or external optical drives other than the DVD burner that Lenovo sells as an accessory. Anyone here tested this?

I really thought this might be my first Windows 8 tab. But it doesnt sound like the hardware is up to par yet, based on what I have read just in this one thread.

We just received one at work for testing. Overall impression is that the case seems kind of flimsy and cheep. We actually thought it was broken when we opened it because the back cover was separated from the front. This is actually normal as you need to pull it apart to take out the blank that goes in where the stylus goes.

Well except the not great plastic case, this thread has not discussed anything problematic about this tablet. The right click issues and not being able to navigate are all based on windows 8, it is not the tablet's fault. Atom IS subpar but it is the best choice for x86, battery and weight. I just need to see on in person though.

Back