Anyone have solid knowledge of Motorola 3347 Modem/router?

Doubl3KiLL

2[H]4U
So Im not very networking savvy but Im trying to set up my Qwest DSL to use a DIR-825 router instead of the build in one. I disabled DHCP on the modem, and enabled transparent bridging. Those two things where the only two thing I could find that were in the "to do list" of thing to make it work with an outside router.

I also tried changing the IP of the DIR-825 to 192.168.0.10 since the modem also was using the .0.1 address and was hoping it was just a conflict, but that didnt help. Is there something Im missing here? I cant find any resources on the internet, especially ones that help when it comes to Qwest and this modem specifically. Thanks for any help.

Yea, the name and password are entered. Set to Dynamic IP address mode (same as the Motorola) I left the DNS server fields as 0.0.0.0 because the router told me to since its set to dynamic. I didnt enter a MAC address (should I? And which one if so) reconnect mode is set to always on.

for the mac address i really could not tell you as i have never used at&t but it depends on the isp and you may want to call them and ask.

just so you make sure you have everything correct
the way it should be set up is
go to the setup page on the router
click manual setup
from dropdown box select pppoe
then dynamic address should be selected
user name will be your pppoe user name
password is the pppoe password
verify it
max idle id say 0
leave prim and sec dns alone
mtu since you are having trouble try 1400
shouldent have to click clone mac address

that should be it for the router

you may want to double check that your modem is in bridge mode
and the wan port on the router should be connected to lan1
basically for the rest for bridging the modem look at this
http://www.qwest.com/internethelp/modems/motorola-3347/pdf/18919_Motorola3347_1483TransBridge.pdf

once you are bridged and set up in the status area under wan you should
get a public ip from at&t if you arn't getting that then you may want to look under the logs area as that should tell you a bit more info.

Hope that helps though its not much more info then you already probably know.

Back