Anyone have pics of Westinghouse 37" LCD??

How come you guys have the "freeze" feature on yours and I don't? I have the last firmware on the 37w3. 1.0 I believe.

249_4960.jpg

And no, my 360 isn't broken.

Geez, how can you people sit so close to a 37" TV???

I've been wondering the same thing. I keep hoping a pic will get posted w/someone sitting in front of the monitor with their hands on the keyboard, to see if their face is ridiculously close to the screen or not. Not many of these desk setups look like they are much more than 2 feet deep. I can't imagine being that close and not having to move your head to see from the top left corner to the bottom right... or getting major eye exercise/strain.

249_4960.jpg

And no, my 360 isn't broken.

did you hook up the xbox via the vga cable? i read somewhere that the spring update made the xbox look a lot better through the vga cable. and can you post some pictures of an xbox game running on the westy, i just wanna see how gears would look compared to my 20" tube. ill buy one as soon neweeg gets them, i checked today and they were out of stock : (

I've been wondering the same thing. I keep hoping a pic will get posted w/someone sitting in front of the monitor with their hands on the keyboard, to see if their face is ridiculously close to the screen or not. Not many of these desk setups look like they are much more than 2 feet deep. I can't imagine being that close and not having to move your head to see from the top left corner to the bottom right... or getting major eye exercise/strain.

Ask and ye .. know the rest.

images removed, they're quoted next post.

Fulfilling more requests:

did you hook up the xbox via the vga cable? i read somewhere that the spring update made the xbox look a lot better through the vga cable. and can you post some pictures of an xbox game running on the westy, i just wanna see how gears would look compared to my 20" tube. ill buy one as soon neweeg gets them, i checked today and they were out of stock : (

marketplace.jpg

gow3.jpg

gow-large.jpg

gow-truck.jpg

More 360 screenshots HERE: http://glitches.planettonyhawk.gamespy.com/ftw/setup/360screens/

How'd you get the PS3 to run on the W3?
HDMI -> DVI cable. It blinks, ugh so annoying.

Ask and ye .. know the rest.

images removed, they're quoted next post.

Thanks! That gives a much better idea of the distance relative to your head/eyes!

Do you find you get any sort of motion sickness being that close with FPS's?

Thanks! That gives a much better idea of the distance relative to your head/eyes!

Do you find you get any sort of motion sickness being that close with FPS's?

Uh.. never. I'm not susceptible to that.

I'm just about finished moving into my new room. There are still some boxes laying around, but it's mostly setup. Enjoy.

P8280090%20%28Large%29.JPG

P8280093%20%28Large%29.JPG

P8280096%20%28Large%29.JPG

The rest of the pictures (as well as non-resized versions of the above) can be found here.

And here I was thinking this thread was dead! I finally got a chance to put together my Jerker desk from my apartment, here it is:
DSC00706.jpg

DSC00705-1.jpg

i saw the LVM-37w2 on sale today , whats the difference between the w2 and the w3 ?? also will this run on my system is 3ghz , 2 gig ram and a x850xt pro 256mb vid card. should i purchase the w2 model ? saw it on sale for $600.

Nice Cans, Grados and Woody ATH.

This thread is greatly increasing my anticipation of my Westy showing up.

Those cans are long since gone. Sporting a pair of recabled Denon D2000's and a Melos amp now. Working on getting a pair of MS-2s, I sold them, and miss them very much :(.

My best cans are ATH A900LTD, then I just have portapros and a mini3 for portable. Someday might save up for an elite bass heavy can like an R10 or L3000s, I've heard those Denons are nice too, or the JVC Victors.

I Got my Westy today. LVM-37 W3se The remote was totally destroyed from the weight of the screen, and I have 1 lovely lazy pixel with the red subpixel stuck on about 2" left and 4" up from center screen, none of the "fix stuck pixel" methods have worked.

From reading this board it seems It will be a better bet to learn to deal with the pixel than to RMA the screen at my own expense. Sucks this company doesn't understand how RMA is supposed to work, you know where they send you a new unit and you send the old one in that same box which contains documentation. Oh well.

My best cans are ATH A900LTD, then I just have portapros and a mini3 for portable. Someday might save up for an elite bass heavy can like an R10 or L3000s, I've heard those Denons are nice too, or the JVC Victors.

Not to take this thread off course, but I just can't turn down a headphone discussion. For starters, just how much bass are you looking for? Those A900's should be pretty bassy as it is. The R10 or the L3000 won't really have more bass, just better bass. And, FWIW, the L3000 is not only cheaper, but IMHO, far better than the R10. For some reason, the R10 didn't wow me much when I got the chance to listen to it. It was being driven by a RSA B-52 and Meridian G08,a and the whole setup was underwhelming. That shouldn't be for a $14,000 setup. The L3000 I heard was on a Zana Duex and some Krell CD player. I think the Krell player would probably trump the G08, but the Zana certainly is quite in the same class as the B-52... in all, this was about a $10,000 setup (still ungodly expensive), and to me, it sounded MUCH better. The L3000 dropped my jaw to the floor, it sounded amazing. If the choice is between those two, hands down, get the L3000.

As far as the Denon's vs. the Victors, well... both are great. The Victors were nice indeed, but seemed a bit muddier than the Denons. Still great cans, but when you concider that the Denon's are cheaper, and IMHO, sound better... the winner is clear :)

wow... just saw this thread, 2 years after it was posted.... turns out I have a 37" westinghouse!

I found its too bright to use as a monitor. Even with all the lights on in my house, all I could see was the monitor, and it made me sick. So, a TV it is.

2130157320_6d3b370d5d_b.jpg

oh hell yea, you guys raised my thread from the dead!!!!

still have my Westy to this day. i'm OP so its lasted me quite some time. Its my main TV and computer monitor so i have an easy 3,000 hours on it.

yep 13 months later, It's my freaking uber main display. Never have had a problem, works like the day it arrived. Seriously, this , coupled with the Maingear Computer, best PC equipment I have ever owned!

and regardless of the pc, a really good display makes a big difference. And the Westy LVM-37W3, for me, is better than a Dell or Apple 30" < I prefer the Bigger font of 1920x1080 on a 37", than a 2560x1600 on a 30"- heh..I'm 45, and it's awesome for gaming, and reading MB's, sites, etc >

Back