Anyone have pics of Westinghouse 37" LCD??

jakescakes said:
HDTV is not impressing me at all with this monitor. Its not crystal clear, picture has a lot of noise, tiny motion blur. Looks better than SDTV but not much
Looks fine to me... obviously your picture setting are wrong or your broadcast provider is sending you some crappy video feeds. Don't blame Westinghouse.

PC040078.jpg

PC020075.jpg

Not to mention that if it is fine from one video feed and another one has issues, then the monitor cannot be the problem. If it was bad on all video feeds then ya monitor for sure, use a little half stepping in troubleshooting :).

i really am having the line occuring on every channel, its basically 95% now. even SD channels.

Its like the monitor needs to be adjusted a few pixels, its not center. Im gettin frustrated,

jakescakes said:
Got my westinghouse today, but I have two problems. . . . . .

Watching COX Digital/HD cable TV through DVI (tried component also) only show 1080i !! also the text for the cable guide isnt sharp, its kind of jagged, pic below. .
DSC00945.JPG

That's the cable box, not the TV, I have a cable box made by the same people have the same problem with my Sony HDTV.

jakescakes said:
Well, I don't know what to say. Is this normal?? When watching HDTV, 90% of the channels have this line on some side of the channel.
Is this a defect in the TV or the signal. Because it doesn't happen on my computer. It's really annoying, only using "FILL" on the westy remote fixes it. But also blows the image up :(

I also have this "vertical band" on the left 3rd of the screen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HDTV is not impressing me at all with this monitor. Its not crystal clear, picture has a lot of noise, tiny motion blur. Looks better than SDTV but not much

As a monitor for my PC it's perfect. Also when watching TV in PIP is how I imagined at least the whole monitor, with HDTV, would look.
I'm connected using a DVI-D cable. Aside from getting a specific LCD for TV, can you guys help me out!!?? What can I do.

-Thank you

What signal are you sending from the tuner 1080i, 720p? What's the source cable, OTA, Sattellite? Are you on specifically HD channels? IF the image is perfect from one source and looks crappy with another, investigate the source...

jakescakes said:
Well, I don't know what to say. Is this normal?? When watching HDTV, 90% of the channels have this line on some side of the channel.
Is this a defect in the TV or the signal. Because it doesn't happen on my computer. It's really annoying, only using "FILL" on the westy remote fixes it. But also blows the image up :(

My guess is that it's your cable box and not the TV. I do get a line much like you when watching NBC programs in HD, that was an NBC problem not much I could do about it.

I think that white stuff in the last picture is a problem from the source also. What are you using cable, dish or what?

I had both of these problems, but mythtv was the cause, i sort of doubt you're using that..

Ya flippin NBC. The Left most pixels are locked to Orange during their HD broadcasts :(

DSC00956.JPG

well, I hooked the hdbox up to the other TV in the house which is a toshiba 65inch HD rear projection. The line did NOT show up on that tv on any of the channels, HD or SD. However, when I first got the hdbox from COX the picture looked AMAZING on that TV. When I hooked it up again, now it seems that its not even as good as it was. Could this be because the TV has not been in use for over a week. Or should I try exchanging the cablebox for another, would the cable provider let me.

ToxicAdam said:
My first pics off a standard DVD player.
Good work! Avia should be the first DVD anybody displays on their new TVs :) How did you find the calibration? Did the TV calibrate well, or did you encounter any problems/deficiencies like color balance or contrast?

curious as to how one acquires this Avia dvd
and btw ive only seen a lil bit of shadow skill but it looks interesting and nice pics

MentatYP said:
Good work! Avia should be the first DVD anybody displays on their new TVs :) How did you find the calibration? Did the TV calibrate well, or did you encounter any problems/deficiencies like color balance or contrast?
At first I couldn't calibrate it... the black level part wasn't working for me.. the two bars wasn't showing up... then I realize this wasn't a CRT! I raised brightness then the two bars popped on screen lol

Here my dvd player component settings

brightness: 58

contrast: 63

saturation: 45

hue: 0

color temp: neutral

sharpness: 40

backlight: 0

Out of the box this thing is way too bright, have to set the backlight to 0.

ToxicAdam said:
At first I couldn't calibrate it... the black level part wasn't working for me.. the two bars wasn't showing up... then I realize this wasn't a CRT! I raised brightness then the two bars popped on screen lol

Here my dvd player component settings

contrast: 63

saturation: 45

hue: 0

sharpness: 40

Out of the box this thing is way too bright, have to set the backlight to 0.
All wrong!!

LCD is a little harder to calibrate then I thought... especially with me being a perfectionist :rolleyes:

I needed to take my time and do this... here's my optimal settings

contrast: 57

saturation: 44

hue: +2

sharpness: 20

Contrast and saturation/hue were my big mistakes.

ToxicAdam said:
All wrong!!

LCD is a little harder to calibrate then I thought... especially with me being a perfectionist :rolleyes:

I needed to take my time and do this... here's my optimal settings

contrast: 57

saturation: 44

hue: +2

sharpness: 20

Contrast and saturation/hue were my big mistakes.

What connection?

Will the settings set effect all connections, or can you set up the monitors settings for "each" connecthing? I never tried it, doubted it, but I'm hoping so anyways. That would make it much easier to get it setup for XBOX / PC / DVD watching.

Thanks!

Taipans said:
Will the settings set effect all connections, or can you set up the monitors settings for "each" connecthing? I never tried it, doubted it, but I'm hoping so anyways. That would make it much easier to get it setup for XBOX / PC / DVD watching.

Thanks!

Yes I think each connection can be setup differently.

Here are some of my pics of my Westy 37". I just use it as a TV but have been thinking about picking up a Dell 30" or another Westy 37". I also have a Westy 42" in the bedroom. Of course the picture does not do the TV justice. I have the TV mounted on a LCD ARM that will allow me to tilt the TV out so my wife can watch it while in the kitchen.

326724017_6496e0fba6_b.jpg

326723572_1fe7f65191_b.jpg

326723122_f01c05f4b4_b.jpg

326722554_339700243b_b.jpg

326722080_5eaf82f757_b.jpg

326721550_c70296ff6d_b.jpg

326721042_3711b78196_b.jpg

326720592_31cc881743_b.jpg

326720098_2c5cadbd48_b.jpg

326719632_dd054e0efb_b.jpg

I've installed several of those mounts... May I suggest a couple of pieces of sticky felt where the mount-arm makes contact with the wall? I found that saves the wall from possible dings.

(It does look like the cabling/zip ties may be performing the same duty)

mutazx said:
I've installed several of those mounts... May I suggest a couple of pieces of sticky felt where the mount-arm makes contact with the wall? I found that saves the wall from possible dings.

(It does look like the cabling/zip ties may be performing the same duty)

Will do. Good suggestion. I was skeptical about that mount but the TV is 20lbs under the limit and I have tried to pull it down and it doesnt budge. Since we are on the subject of mounts, do you know of a mount that can hold a 42" in a corner? I want the TV to be caddy corner.

ToxicAdam said:

Ninja Scroll ...great movie

I am seriously considering getting one of these bad boys should my proverbial ship ever come in .. :p

[F]old|[H]ard

firefx said:
What setup is this?

Not quoting firefx, but his quote of SLiCkFX, as I can't find the original damn post for love nor money.... but, I'm diggin' the PRIDE FC collection in the first photo! :cool:

Click for large version

Click for large version

Click for large version

Click for large version

No large version needed
GOW1080pconfirm.jpg

Click for large version

Back