Anyone have pics of Westinghouse 37" LCD??

Edman22 said:
Ah I see, good to know. Just to note, they haven't canceled my order YET. It still lists as "processing" and it's a Saturday so I don't expect it to be updated. I have simply been hearing about people having their order cancelled. Can I ask when you placed your order?

I placed my ordered on Thursday 11pm EST, the status was showing "Processing" even after they'd shipped it out, one quick phone call to JR customer service and they gave me the UPS tracking# immediately, it was shipped out on Friday at around noon, but the status remain in "Processing" even on Friday night LOL so don't rely on the online status. If I were you I would call them...I would say your LCD is more than likely on the way to your house now, if they canceled your order they would of send out an the notification via either email or phone.

ben805 said:
I placed my ordered on Thursday 11pm EST, the status was showing "Processing" even after they'd shipped it out, one quick phone call to JR customer service and they gave me the UPS tracking# immediately, it was shipped out on Friday at around noon, but the status remain in "Processing" even on Friday night LOL so don't rely on the online status. If I were you I would call them...I would say your LCD is more than likely on the way to your house now, if they canceled your order they would of send out an the notification via either email or phone.

Very interesting. Yea I've thought about calling them but I fear the worst so I haven't done it. I ordered yesterday at 4pm PST...so I'm a little nervous. Hopefully what you say about them emailing me if they had cancelled is true.

Hey hoping for a little help here. Just got my 42" version of this TV. But Iam having one problem well actually 2.

1st problem..I have to run the thing in DVI 2 DVI1 gives me a bunch of colored lines all over the screen Its so bad you cant read anything on the screen this happens right at the Log on screen of windows. DVI 2 does not have this problem..

2nd problems..The Tv does not want to cover the whole screen. I have it set to the native 1920x1080 res. but I still get a small bar underneath the Start bar and the edge of the monitor. It almost looks like you need to adjust the width of the monitor. Iam running Hacked Nvidia drivers for SLI on 975x chipset could this be my problem...Other than those problems this thing is gorgeous...

Got my westinghouse today, but I have two problems. . . . . .

Watching COX Digital/HD cable TV through DVI (tried component also) only show 1080i !! also the text for the cable guide isnt sharp, its kind of jagged, pic below. .
DSC00945.JPG

DSC00946.JPG

DSC00948.JPG

DSC00950.JPG

The TV image quality doesn't seem to be impressing me as much as I thought.
Is there a way I can get the tv to do 1080p. They gave me this Explorer 3250HD box, is that the source of my problem, or is it sufficient. The only settings I found through the box were the ones posted above, changing them did NOTHING to the pic quality. 720p looks the same.

using these cables

AND I put a DVD in, and windows media player said "Cannot play dvd, lower screen resolution or some shit like that!!" weird

can anyone help me with either of these problems.

by the way this thing is HUGE, I can never go back to a 17crt.

crazylegs said:
Hey hoping for a little help here. Just got my 42" version of this TV. But Iam having one problem well actually 2.

1st problem..I have to run the thing in DVI 2 DVI1 gives me a bunch of colored lines all over the screen Its so bad you cant read anything on the screen this happens right at the Log on screen of windows. DVI 2 does not have this problem..

2nd problems..The Tv does not want to cover the whole screen. I have it set to the native 1920x1080 res. but I still get a small bar underneath the Start bar and the edge of the monitor. It almost looks like you need to adjust the width of the monitor. Iam running Hacked Nvidia drivers for SLI on 975x chipset could this be my problem...Other than those problems this thing is gorgeous...

Please if someone has seen these problems please give me some incite on them...

jakescakes said:
bump for an answer

The problem is your cable box; it doesn't output 1080p. It will only do either 1080i or 720p if you want high-def.

313143004_4ea8747cfb_o.jpg

if you check with your cable/sat company you will find that they only send a 720p or 1080i signal, no cable company has a 1080p unless i have missed someone :( its with movies like blu-ray or hd-dvd that you will get 1080p picture...

haha hmm, yea upon further research you all are right. Anything else I can do to better the TV signal rolleyes: Should I keep it at 1080i or 720p. Its TV quality not impressing me as much as the rest of the population here.
What are the differences between my box, and a $300+ hd tuner. would that help the picture quality an should I invest in one

I understand its a monitor, and I bought mainly for that reason its amazing!! However aside from PiP which makes the hd look true, I was hoping for a better full screen tv quality.

In the future I want to invest in a 60+ incher TV specifically for HDTV/DVD What specs should I look for in an AMAZING TV signal that differentiate from this LCD?? dlp, plasma, laser possibly.

thanks for all da help

Just wanted to get those who are not "cross-checking" the threads an update
about the possibility of the 37w3 being 'discontinued' right now.

(again, from a similar thread on this model in AVS Forums)
formulanerd 12-02-06 01:01 AM

and for those who are wondering, i called westinghouse, they said that my monitor is new,
not a refurb, and was built 15 Septemer 2006. F/W 1.0 is current and final(?). the monitor
will not be discontinued, but it has progressed to the point where they dont think they'll
update anything else, another monitor may or may not share a place in the 37" lineup
(possibly with a tuner built in)

they wouldnt tell me what changed from 1.6 -> 1.0 and they also said they never release a
monitor in the beginning as 1.0 (always 1.1 or later, depending on tests done "in house")
as they save "1.0" for a "final, complete (in their eyes)" version (same thing with the 42" i
suppose)

/game on!!

*** EDIT ***

DOH -Crutchfield, is that your final answer??? :confused:

Seems that it very well MAY be discontinued after all. At least
according to Crutchfield at the moment. (I'd trust them more than
most other etailer sources I've seen referenced thus far...)

Hrmm...

** EDIT #2 **

Just got off the phone with Levi @ Crutchfield who said
"The manufacturer has in fact discontinued this model."

:eek: Here's to hoping I have *zero* issues (pixels, shipping damage, etc)
with the unit I recieve, as the only options are a refund, or possibly choosing
another model. (Not that there's one that even holds a candle to this one in
this price range for the moment).

Kinda makes ya wonder why on earth they'd stop production??
You hit the nail on the head with price, quality, and features...
then yank the plug? o.0

*I'm only speculating at this point, but...*
Personally...my bet is that (assuming) now that Chi Mei is satisfied with the
build, and performance of the 37w3 v1.0, they're gonna add a tuner, and then
adjust the price to be more in-line with the competition. It'll be interesting to
see if there's a brand change now. :D
(meaning will Westinghouse be more concerned with maintaining a pricepoint,
and go with another OEM vendor. Or will they be vying for both quality as well
as pricepoint, and retain "distribution and branding rights" with the assumed
new model) Either way, it'll definately be interesting to watch how it all plays out.

*continues hoping for a v1.0 Westy to be delivered Tuesday*

this monitor seems like its rly good from reading these 2 huge threads, i have some concerns tho. ive done a LOT of reading and it seems like all the 24 inchers(dell, samsung, gateway, benq) get as much negative reviews as positive which makes me hesitant to drop the cash. this monitor is big which i like, but with a lower res than the much smaller 24 inchers wont it look noticeably worse in all areas? less crisp, more jaggies, bigger pixels?

icecold1983 said:
this monitor seems like its rly good from reading these 2 huge threads, i have some concerns tho. ive done a LOT of reading and it seems like all the 24 inchers(dell, samsung, gateway, benq) get as much negative reviews as positive which makes me hesitant to drop the cash. this monitor is big which i like, but with a lower res than the much smaller 24 inchers wont it look noticeably worse in all areas? less crisp, more jaggies, bigger pixels?

As a monitor, I couldn't be MORE happy with its performance. My sister has the 24 dell. I was about to purchase one myself, until I figured out for just a few hundred more I can have 37 inches. Looking at the 30inch apple instore, i thought it was already huge. Took me two days to get use to 37 inches of desktop space, and now there is no way I can go back to a 17inch CRT. gaming is wonderful, all i can say is RUN do not walk to the deal of the westinghouse monitor.

icecold1983 said:

That is completely dependent on how far you plan on being away from the screen for those things. I think the general consensus here is around a 3 foot distance everything is perfectly sharp you can start to pick up the pixels at ~2 feet. I recline a bit and end up at 3' 9" from the screen.

Sprkslfly said:
Just wanted to get those who are not "cross-checking" the threads an update
about the possibility of the 37w3 being 'discontinued' right now.

(again, from a similar thread on this model in AVS Forums)

/game on!!

*** EDIT ***

DOH -Crutchfield, is that your final answer??? :confused:

Seems that it very well MAY be discontinued after all. At least
according to Crutchfield at the moment. (I'd trust them more than
most other etailer sources I've seen referenced thus far...)

Hrmm...

** EDIT #2 **

Just got off the phone with Levi @ Crutchfield who said
"The manufacturer has in fact discontinued this model."

:eek: Here's to hoping I have *zero* issues (pixels, shipping damage, etc)
with the unit I recieve, as the only options are a refund, or possibly choosing
another model. (Not that there's one that even holds a candle to this one in
this price range for the moment).

Kinda makes ya wonder why on earth they'd stop production??
You hit the nail on the head with price, quality, and features...
then yank the plug? o.0

*I'm only speculating at this point, but...*
Personally...my bet is that (assuming) now that Chi Mei is satisfied with the
build, and performance of the 37w3 v1.0, they're gonna add a tuner, and then
adjust the price to be more in-line with the competition. It'll be interesting to
see if there's a brand change now. :D
(meaning will Westinghouse be more concerned with maintaining a pricepoint,
and go with another OEM vendor. Or will they be vying for both quality as well
as pricepoint, and retain "distribution and branding rights" with the assumed
new model) Either way, it'll definately be interesting to watch how it all plays out.

*continues hoping for a v1.0 Westy to be delivered Tuesday*

This LCD is sold out at JR LOL

hey guys. finally got my westinghouse lvm-37w3 and i'm very happy with it. just had a quick question if its worth trying to get a firmware version 1.0. i got this from crutchfield just on friday, and its a version 1.5.

also, my friend works at bestbuy and told me today that it is a discontinued model, and that are trying to liquidate them.

I'll be placing my order Wednesday. I sure hope I don't regret spending $1,000 on something I don't like, or won't work for me. I've never bought anything this expensive and big online before and without seeing it in person :(. I'd feel a lot safer going with a dell 24", but everyone here says this is miles ahead of it. I sure hope your right. I just have a feeling I'm gonna regret using a tv as my primary pc monitor.
Also the fact that it's being discontinued bothers me as well.

any words to help me take the plunge as well?

Ductaper108 said:
I'll be placing my order Wednesday. I sure hope I don't regret spending $1,000 on something I don't like, or won't work for me. I've never bought anything this expensive and big online before and without seeing it in person :(. I'd feel a lot safer going with a dell 24", but everyone here says this is miles ahead of it. I sure hope your right. I just have a feeling I'm gonna regret using a tv as my primary pc monitor.
Also the fact that it's being discontinued bothers me as well.

any words to help me take the plunge as well?

Sure: Grow a sack. :rolleyes:

This is no different than the supposedly "safe" 24" Dell. Both are excellent.

in what ways is this better than the 24 inchers besides being bigger? is the panel better? better image quality? less ghosting? assuming u were going to get 1 of the 24 inchers which would u all get?

icecold1983 said:
in what ways is this better than the 24 inchers besides being bigger? is the panel better? better image quality? less ghosting? assuming u were going to get 1 of the 24 inchers which would u all get?

Well, obviously this, since it's what we got.

The size helps, but at least compared to my 2007, it is a better panel. Noticeably more colorful.

Basically.. its 37 inches of pure awesome.

Sigh... i've been looking for a link for a comparison of VGA versus Component on an XBOX 360 HD-DVD hooked up to a Westy 37. I know its here somewhere but i cant seem to find it. I'm getting mine sometime this week and am trying to decide what the best route is for HD (and DVD) content. I want to know if viewing a HD movie using VGA(1080p) is better/worse than using component(1080i). There was a comparison with pictures somewhere on this forum i think. Thanks.

KENNYB said:
Sigh... i've been looking for a link for a comparison of VGA versus Component on an XBOX 360 HD-DVD hooked up to a Westy 37. I know its here somewhere but i cant seem to find it. I'm getting mine sometime this week and am trying to decide what the best route is for HD (and DVD) content. I want to know if viewing a HD movie using VGA(1080p) is better/worse than using component(1080i). There was a comparison with pictures somewhere on this forum i think. Thanks.

Absolutely hands down VGA. Not only do you get 1080p movies (whats the point of HD-DVD otherwise) but yout 360 will upscale all games to 1080p over VGA (or atleast I think it does, my westy reports 1920x1080 res).

Also, IMHO everything looks more natural over VGA. I tried component and the colors seemed over saturated.

Thanks Viper,
What i'm worried about is after seeing the comparison, the VGA image looked a little washed out and not as sharp as the component connection. I would love to see some comparison shots though, if you have any links.

well has ne1 heard of a BigWinterDeal.com i did a froogle search for the monitor and they came up on there but have no ratings or anything that i can see but the price is rather insanely low

Gun_Strife said:
well has ne1 heard of a BigWinterDeal.com i did a froogle search for the monitor and they came up on there but have no ratings or anything that i can see but the price is rather insanely low

I dunno....seeing as they say they ONLY accept Western Union wire transfers as the method of payment, and that there is a minimum order of $500 because they "have too many international orders and it is easier for us to process less orders with higher values" I would think this place is a big scam. But who knows, I could be wrong.

yea thats what i was worried about the old too good to be true comes into play o well i guess

Edman22 said:
I dunno....seeing as they say they ONLY accept Western Union wire transfers as the method of payment, and that there is a minimum order of $500 because they "have too many international orders and it is easier for us to process less orders with higher values" I would think this place is a big scam. But who knows, I could be wrong.

Wow, scam. Why people are dumb enough to even consider these deals is beyond me.

please people and wonderful owners of this fabulous screen: keep those pictures coming :eek: ;) :D

what if the screen is discontinued, do we have a problem then ? :confused:

It's not necessary a bad thing for those who'd already have one if this Westy is being continue for real, when and if the LCD ever go belly up within the next year, maybe Westy would send us a newer(or better) model as replacement...but I still hope this dang thing can last me for 4~5 years.

So if I buy one of these now and the model has been discontinued... what? Does that mean WH won't offer any service/support/warranty?

claudione314 said:
So if I buy one of these now and the model has been discontinued... what? Does that mean WH won't offer any service/support/warranty?

someone on the other huge thread spoke with westy rep and all that rumor being discontinued is pure BS. even IF...just IF westy decided to yank this model off of the market, and if our LCD take a crap within the warranty period....I think they would more than likely just ship us a newer model...whatever it is that going to replace the 37W3, that's my guess. .
:D

I'm taking half a day off tomorrow so I can wait for this beast at home, UPS better not fux this up LOL

Viper87227 said:
I stole the one from my 2007FPW

Truth is... any cheapy should do fine.

Not 100% true, make sure the DVI cable is DVI-Dual link, or use HDMI.

I tried using a DVI Single link and it wouldn't output to 1080p, it only outputs 1080i.

junfan said:
Not 100% true, make sure the DVI cable is DVI-Dual link, or use HDMI.

I tried using a DVI Single link and it wouldn't output to 1080p, it only outputs 1080i.

Maybe it was your cable? I am defiantly outputting to 1080p, and I am nearly certain this cable is not dual-link. Being that the 2007 doesn't require dual-link DVI, I don't see why they would give it a dual-link DVI cable.

Viper87227 said:
Maybe it was your cable? I am defiantly outputting to 1080p, and I am nearly certain this cable is not dual-link. Being that the 2007 doesn't require dual-link DVI, I don't see why they would give it a dual-link DVI cable.

It needs a 24 + 1 pin cable, the 18 + 1 generally doesn't pass plug and play monitor info back to the vidcard on these. The 2007 and the 2407 both use single-link dvi not sure how he 2407 gets away with it but it still works.. I replaced the included single-link dell cables with a dual-link quite a while back when one of my sli getups wasn't detecting properly every boot and the problem went away. YMMV
:)

I just received mine today and damn is this thing FREAKING HUGE!!! Image quality is way better than I'd expected, I can't believe how sharp the graphic and text looks on this thing, color is vibrant, white is super white and black is pitch black. Don't have any dead pixel and no light bleeding detected...thank goodness. Mine has a v1.0 firmware, out of the box this thing is way too bright, have to set the backlight to 0. I'm using the old Single-Link DVI cable (18+1 pin) and connected on DVI1 and it work flawlessly, but I'd ordered a dual link last weekend so the new cable should be here sometime this week, I don't even know if the dual link would make any difference but hey it's only $20 from monocable. I have the x1900xtx video card and using the latest 6.11 driver, as for the resolution 1920x1080 it can be set from CCC, haven't try gaming on it yet but whenever I have a chance I'll take some photo. Definitely will complete the 7.1 setup in my computer room this weekend and move this monitor 2ft back, for now my face is only 2.5ft away from it LOL

My watercooled setup:
Opteron 165 dual core @2.9ghz
Gskill HZ 1GB x2
DFI Venus mobo
ATI X1900XTX
X-fi
A pair of Raptor in RAID0

Audio:
Marantz SR4600 7.1 a/v receiver
Axiom M22 front
Infinity Primus C25 center
Infinity Primus 150 surrounds
SVS PB12 sub

I'm loving this 37" beast, and my wife really like the picture quality as well...best $899 I've ever spent!! :cool:

Well, I don't know what to say. Is this normal?? When watching HDTV, 90% of the channels have this line on some side of the channel.
Is this a defect in the TV or the signal. Because it doesn't happen on my computer. It's really annoying, only using "FILL" on the westy remote fixes it. But also blows the image up :(
DSC00955.JPG

DSC00956.JPG

DSC00958.JPG

thatericguy said:
2nd, I noticed when I put the background to palette solid such as a green or light blue, there is a noticeable, but subtle solid vertical band in the left 3rd of screen.

Anyone experiencing that as well, or have a resolution for it?

I also have this "vertical band" on the left 3rd of the screen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HDTV is not impressing me at all with this monitor. Its not crystal clear, picture has a lot of noise, tiny motion blur. Looks better than SDTV but not much

As a monitor for my PC it's perfect. Also when watching TV in PIP is how I imagined at least the whole monitor, with HDTV, would look.
I'm connected using a DVI-D cable. Aside from getting a specific LCD for TV, can you guys help me out!!?? What can I do.

-Thank you

Back