Anyone have pics of Westinghouse 37" LCD??

s00pcan said:
Taipans, you have this monitor. Get pics asap :D

All I have is this small picture, no elaborate setup since I had just set it up and was trying it out.

westyuo6.jpg

I will be back in this thread within a month or two posting pictures of it.. I MUST own this! 720p isn't cutting it anymore.

I took my sticker off the minute I was satisfied there were no dead pixels.

I have a headache from playing Quake 3 on it earlier...it's just so damned bright....its dimmest setting is brighter than my brightest setting on my laptops...

Ok, where is the best deal on this monitor right now? Newegg/amazon/buy.com are all about $1300. If it was anywhere near $1100 I'd immediately buy it.

Lowest price on nextag.com from a reliable site is $1,226.95 at techonweb.com

My sticker is still on it, mainly because I was to lazy to remove it. lol

I have seen no dead pixels, and have ran an all white, black and blue background and scanned it closely.

I bought mine from newegg and applied for the preferred account and got approved, so for 1299.99 I got free express shipping. (took 1 day to arrive) And no payments or interest for 6 months! yay!

After fixing the resolution in BF2142 and playing more Xbox 360 I am starting to like the monitor more and more. Just takes some getting use to since I was using a 21" sony trinitron.

WicKeDcHilD said:
where did you get that desk at, i love it!!!! :confused:

dude that is a pic of my car on your screen....... LOL. Heck i have 2 of them one in silver and one in white.

Kherozene said:
$1165 including shipping at PCUniverse.com but out of stock atm.

BuyDig.com 1199.00 IN STOCK.
Just got mine ordered an hour ago with 1-2 day shipping. I'M PUMPED!

more pics guys!! i cant wait till mine arrives, it ewill be a little longer than the domestic shipping you guys are used to, i got to send it over the pond to australia, but dont worry ill post heaps of pics

s00pcan said:
Anyone have a 360+vga cable to test?

Yes, I would like to see this too. If anybody can, it would also be nice to see 1080P on the 360 using the VGA cable vs component cables. Thanks

I tried it last night, after updating my 360 to 1080p, hooked up the VGA and right away noticed some issues while playing games. For some reason Im getting a blue/ purple color bleed in NHL2K7 and TestDrive. It comes and goes, expecially during certain screens in NHL2K7, I get blue across the entire bottom half of the monitor.

So I removed the VGA cable (Microsofts brand) and the problem was gone?

I'm wondering if its because the games out dont support 1080p or if somethings screwey with the latest update to make the 360 compatible with 1080p.

All I know is component looks great, so I cant complain, just wasted the money on the cable. *shrug*

Viper87227 said:
Buydig also has a good rating for what its worth.
I saw that - but with shipping, the cost is slightly higher than Techonweb.com who offers free shipping. Still a great deal for under $1300 at either store.

Monitor looks great...but I have to say, How in the hell can all of you people afford this out of no where? I mean i know 1200 is a great price for 1080p, but you people must be rich if you can buy a 1200 dollar monitor out of no where....

Taipans said:
I tried it last night, after updating my 360 to 1080p, hooked up the VGA and right away noticed some issues while playing games. For some reason Im getting a blue/ purple color bleed in NHL2K7 and TestDrive. It comes and goes, expecially during certain screens in NHL2K7, I get blue across the entire bottom half of the monitor.

So I removed the VGA cable (Microsofts brand) and the problem was gone?

I'm wondering if its because the games out dont support 1080p or if somethings screwey with the latest update to make the 360 compatible with 1080p.

All I know is component looks great, so I cant complain, just wasted the money on the cable. *shrug*

I have been using the MS VGA cable for the past week and I haven't noticed anything like that.

craigdeguz said:
Monitor looks great...but I have to say, How in the hell can all of you people afford this out of no where? I mean i know 1200 is a great price for 1080p, but you people must be rich if you can buy a 1200 dollar monitor out of no where....
What does that even mean? Afford this monitor "out of nowhere?" I bought it b/c it looked unreal, and I wanted it. I don't really have the money for it being in law school and all, but what the hell, I already have ten of thousands of dollars of debt; what's another $1,110? :p

warriors0584 said:
Yes, I would like to see this too. If anybody can, it would also be nice to see 1080P on the 360 using the VGA cable vs component cables. Thanks

If nobody has posted these by when I get home in a couple hours I will post with both.

Which game you want to see? NCAA FB 07 or NHL 07? :p

craigdeguz said:
I mean i know 1200 is a great price for 1080p, but you people must be rich if you can buy a 1200 dollar monitor out of no where....

Out of no where? I am saving up for this thing, not all of us can run out and drop 1500 bucks on a monitor every week. When I need an upgrade, I find something that works well and is multi-functional(monitor/tv) then I will probably end up buying it.

Bowhuntr11 said:
If nobody has posted these by when I get home in a couple hours I will post with both.

Which game you want to see? NCAA FB 07 or NHL 07? :p

lets go with NHL 07, it has better graphics.... and could you post some pics of the dashboard? Thanks!

yeah, pictures of the TV, the Game, your setup, and some movies while you're at it, thanks :D

Ok well here goes...This isn't the best camera...oh well..Ya get what ya get.BTW The camera is only 3.2 MP

VGA:

p1010726it6.jpg

p1010764dg6.jpg

http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/6392/p1010753of7.jpg
http://img434.imageshack.us/img434/1091/p1010745jg9.jpg
http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/7636/p1010747lk3.jpg
http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/9684/p1010767vy3.jpg

Component:

p1010721qc9.jpg

p1010726xm6.jpg

http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/7900/p1010729bt6.jpg
http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/1407/p1010756cy5.jpg
http://img286.imageshack.us/img286/5763/p1010767um8.jpg

That was alot more trouble then it was worth..That just took me about an hour to do lol..Anyways I hope they give you some sort of idea.

I ordered this badboy. Expecting it to be here on Monday. I can't wait.

So.... the component's colors look alot more vivid. Is that true 1080p through the component?

Veritas616 said:
What does that even mean? Afford this monitor "out of nowhere?" I bought it b/c it looked unreal, and I wanted it. I don't really have the money for it being in law school and all, but what the hell, I already have ten of thousands of dollars of debt; what's another $1,110? :p

I said the same thing when I blew $1500 (twice I think!) on computer upgrades with my student loan while I was going through university. Sure it was fun at the time, but man it sucks having to repay loans.

thanks for those pics Bowhuntr.... the component seems to be better but they both look good. thanks again

craigdeguz said:

Veritas616 said:

Ladicius said:
Out of no where? I am saving up for this thing, not all of us can run out and drop 1500 bucks on a monitor every week. When I need an upgrade, I find something that works well and is multi-functional(monitor/tv) then I will probably end up buying it.

I think he was simply expressing his suprise at the sheer number of people on this forum who are apparently willing to shell out $1200+ for a monitor... I don't think he was criticizing people for buying it :)

Opeth said:
So.... the component's colors look alot more vivid. Is that true 1080p through the component?

Honestly...I dont see a difference...But hey each their own. :)

The camera makes component look more vivid. But in actuality they are the same...at least in my eyes

If you look at some of the other pictures I linked then you can see that some component pictures look less vivid the some VGA pictures. Like I said the camera isn't the best.

Ryom said:
I think he was simply expressing his suprise at the sheer number of people on this forum who are apparently willing to shell out $1200+ for a monitor... I don't think he was criticizing people for buying it :)

Thanks for the support. Like he said, im not here to judge. Just suprised at the number of people that have read the thread and made the purchase. Il admit hyprocracy though, I am thinking about making the purcahse myself in the near future.

nah this is a good screen, its great as a pc monitor and great for hd tv and aslo great for consoles!

craigdeguz said:
Thanks for the support. Like he said, im not here to judge. Just suprised at the number of people that have read the thread and made the purchase. Il admit hyprocracy though, I am thinking about making the purcahse myself in the near future.

for me personally it was more of a whats worth it for the money, a monitor is the last and most crucial piece in the puzzle..

having a top of the line SLI system, quad core/ etc.. etc.. but running it on a 19" monitor just doesn't make any sense..

buying a good monitor isn't something like a video card or anything like that, monitors are something that can last through multiple systems for many years (i remember my trusty 17" CRT lasting for 5 or more years before i finally decided to start think of getting a new one)..

in some ways investing in a monitor you really like/enjoy far outways other investments you'll see people drop into a computer systems.. (eg, what was the cost of a 6800U SLI system which is outdated only a year later).

now that i've been using the westinghouse for about 8 months, it was worth every penny i paid for it... when i think of all the money i wasted messing around buying other monitors (lol do i sound like an infomercial yet?), it really isn't too much more.

I jumped around between 3 different monitors before finally getting this one.. i went from a 19" CRT, 19" BenQ, 2001FPW (in the end, those 3 probably cost me 850$ over the 1 1/2 years).. None of them where just good enough, always leaving more to be desired. With this monitor i can honestly say i haven't even had upgrade thoughts or the dreaded "buyers remorse"

and it is not a trival amount of money, i highly recommend making sure it is something you will enjoy.. It definately isn't for everyone, it would be nice if there was some sort of trial program you could do (try it in your home for 3 days or something)..

Back