Anyone have experience with Inland's warranty?

Bankie

2[H]4U
I've got a 1 year old 2tb Inland Premium m.2 drive that just randomly disappears in Windows until a reboot. I checked MC's website and they mention a 3yr warranty but no info on getting warranty service. I assume I just need to take it to MC and hopefully they'll just swap it out for a new one. Anyone had to do this?

I've got a 1 year old 2tb Inland Premium m.2 drive that just randomly disappears in Windows until a reboot. I checked MC's website and they mention a 3yr warranty but no info on getting warranty service. I assume I just need to take it to MC and hopefully they'll just swap it out for a new one. Anyone had to do this?
I've been told you can bring it to a MC and they'll swap it in store, but I've never done it. Please, if you can, let me know because it's an open question I have as well regarding the brand.

I heard it should be bring into MC store. If they have your receipt electronically, they should be able to verify your purchase and honor the warranty.

Thanks. I'll report back once I get up the desire to make the trip to MC.

Alright I finally made it to Micro Center. Went to the repair/service desk and they sent me to the online pickup desk. I told the guy there what was happening, he looked up my receipt, verified my info, asked what was wrong with it, and then gave me store credit. I was fine with that until I walked back to look at the m.2 drives and saw that the same drive I just gave to them was now $40 more than what I paid for it meaning I'd have to pay extra on top of the credit. I ended up just leaving; figure I'll go back if/when drive prices drop again.

Alright I finally made it to Micro Center. Went to the repair/service desk and they sent me to the online pickup desk. I told the guy there what was happening, he looked up my receipt, verified my info, asked what was wrong with it, and then gave me store credit. I was fine with that until I walked back to look at the m.2 drives and saw that the same drive I just gave to them was now $40 more than what I paid for it meaning I'd have to pay extra on top of the credit. I ended up just leaving; figure I'll go back if/when drive prices drop again.
Say what?! They didnt offer to just straight up replace it?

You should try to find the warranty terms; some companies will refund purchased price. For a SSD, very surprised they didn't offer a replacement.

MicroCenter makes Emtec looks good. I had a 240GB SSD that failed within 3 years warranty; sent an email with copy of receipt from Micro Center. They replied back saying they will sent me a replacement; the replacement drive was 480GB (sealed). Sorry to digress, but Micro Center should have issued a replacement.

Once you found the price discrepancy you should have gone back and told them you wanted a direct replacement. There's no way I would have walked out without having done that and there's no reason why they shouldn't have done it since you were getting the exact same item as before.

Once you found the price discrepancy you should have gone back and told them you wanted a direct replacement. There's no way I would have walked out without having done that and there's no reason why they shouldn't have done it since you were getting the exact same item as before.

Retail prices go up (& sometimes down), but there's not much you can do about that. However, I agree that they should have just replaced it under warranty, especially since they had your purchase info on file. They would have been reimbursed from Inland for any cost differences, so it's not like they would have lost any money on the deal, and they would have probably gained your continued loyalty as a customer too...

Little different story, but same principal....a month or so ago, I had the front brakes & rotors replaced on my car by a local shop that I trust with all 5 of my vehicle's repairs. They seemed great until about 3 weeks later, when they started making an odd, rubbing sound whenever I applied the brakes. I took it back to the shop, they checked things over & found out that the rotors had a surface defect, and replaced them at no charge.....

Needless to say but I will NOT be looking for a new repair shop for a long, long time :D

I've got a 1 year old 2tb Inland Premium m.2 drive that just randomly disappears in Windows until a reboot.

Could be heat related. My WDC black G1 drive disappears if the temp exceeds a little more than 80C. Inside a my gaming laptop this randomly happened until I enabled software to alert me so that I can put the fans on turbo mode.

Back