Anyone have direct feed UT3 footage?

Topic asks the question. I am looking for some actual gameplay direct feed. Does such a thing exist?

Curious to see how this will stack up to Quake 4 in terms of competitive gaming .. curious if this is the future of tournament play, or will Quake 4 remain the "go-to deathmatch style" FPS going forward.

Look for some footage from comic con.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ut3+comic+con

There are 4 parts to it. The people who are playing are really really bad though so it's not too accurate of how a normal person that can shoot a gun will play. Also epic is really bad at making maps so the map they are playing on isn't that great. Every good map for ut2k4 was either made by digital extremes or was user made.

Also, Epic has historically not been very open to competative gaming. 2k4 was shipped with dark ass player models and no hit sound recognition and it was up to the community to create utcomp for bright skins and hit sounds. They seem to be more concerned about a realistic look than a competative game. I think whether a game takes hold competatively also has to do with sponsorships/allowance or some crap because quake 4 and painkiller were super crappy imo, but they were chosen as the main games for competition.

They say that they are really testing everything to make sure it's balanced and fun, but this does not imply competative. Hopefully they will throw us a bone since the competative players are the ones that will stick around and play there game for more than a month. I won't hold my breath, but at least it looks a little faster and harder to hit a shock combo. Also, they said something like no gun takes more than 6 hits to kill which should make it a little more fun and fast paced.

edit: I just realized the youtube videos look like balls. Try stage6 they look a lot better.

awesome thanks for all the info.

i wonder how halo 3 will pan out on the circuits .. WSVG likely won't add it to this years season, as it doesn't seem they're even pushing Gears of War moving forward.

i really hope CBS offers some good coverage of Dreamhack .. some year I'll be able to afford the time off from work to attend.

judging from that Comic-Con footage it looks like Quake 4 is going to remain the dominant tournament deathmatch game for awhile ... let's hope Carmack's cryptic messages about a new Quake Arena game amount to something.

Back