Anyone have any Logitech warranty experience?

Gorilla

Supreme [H]ardness
My logitech G500 is having issues. More often than not when I left click or click and hold it does a double click which makes it impossible to click and drag files and such. Gaming is also out of the question for the moment. I contacted their support because it should still be under warranty. After a few days they emailed me requesting some info and a copy of my receipt. I supplied all of that but haven't heard from them in a while. They also sent me an email asking if their support was able to help me. The email said to reply if I still needed help, which I did, but I haven't heard back from that either. It's been a couple weeks now and I'm starting to wonder if I should just go buy a new mouse instead of waiting for them to help me. I could have just spent $50 a couple weeks ago and been gaming this whole time.

Yes I have..I have years of experience with them ranging from when they were an amazing customer driven company that had outstanding support for their products to the current anti consumer policy infested cesspool that goes out of it's way to avoid honoring their warranty. I used to Love Logitech and Swore by them...these days I find more reasons not to buy from them than to. It really is a shame honestly.

I dealt with them about a year ago when my G500 started acting bad on light colored surfaces. The correspondence took a day or two tops...sent me a new one and told me to just keep the other one. It was a better experience than I had with Razer on two occasions.

At one point, they generally took a pretty solid stance behind their products. It was a sort of no-BS with dodging responsibility and a willingness to replace where they were clearly at fault.

Over the past couple of years, things shave gotten worse I'm afraid. Today your experiences may be inconsistent. Some people report good experiences. Others report bad. I think they're slowly changing for the worse.

Logitech warranty is pretty top notch, I had an old laptop marthon mouse that died that they replaced, they replaced my old UE earbuds when they worn out (within warranty period) and they replaced another mouse that had erratic sensor problems.

A few years ago they were pretty quick but for them to respond as well send the replacement took about 2-3 weeks time, and this was done via website. If you give them all the information right at the beginning you'll get faster respond but if its a... I have a problem... whats the problem... my mouse doesnt work... do you have copy of receipt.... yes... then it will take along time. If you thoroughly tell them the problem, the pid/serial? the receipt and all that jazz they'll get it done quicker, reason being is its probably all on a list and they have to reply to each person having a problem in a forum based system where they respond after they go through the list.

Overall its not as quick as it was like last time (few years back?) but if its still under warranty they will replace it.

Ok, well I guess the key is to call them. I was surprised that it took only a couple of menu selections to be connected with a real person. It took him a while to get things sorted. He never did give me an answer to why my claim hadn't gone anywhere, but it sounds like they should be sending me a new G502 shortly.

I always call them for warranty, and have been very pleased with their service.
Only one time did I have to send in a defective product, it was the original G15 keyboards with the bad paint that would wear very fast.
all the mice I have had issues with had the replacements sent to me in a timely manner and was told to do whatever I wanted with the old one.

I dealt with them about a year ago when my G500 started acting bad on light colored surfaces. The correspondence took a day or two tops...sent me a new one and told me to just keep the other one. It was a better experience than I had with Razer on two occasions.

Same experience with an illuminated keyboard here (a key popped out and the locking mech broke). They asked for pictures and invoice/receipt and mailed one out within a week of starting the process. All this was done over email. This was a little over a year ago, but I was quite impressed with the service.

Sent me a mouse overseas for RMA when local distro wouldn't lift a finger. Took a while but still got here.

Two thumbs up for Logitech.

I've had a fantastic experience with Logitech support. I usually contact them online, takes a couple days to go through the process but they have always had a replacement sent to me pretty quickly. They even have replaced a couple items when I had no proof of purchase or was out of warranty.

I had an out-of-warranty Harmony One remote whose battery had begun to swell. I contacted them simply looking to buy a replacement battery, and they jumped to replacing the entire package (remote, battery, charger, etc.).

Granted my last experience was more than 5 years ago, but at the time it was always positive. I can remember when the paint started coming off my old generation 1 Logi G15 keyboard (blue backlight, monstrous size!) and they sent me a new, updated G15 MK2 (gold backlight) for free without having to send the original one back! I've had similar interactions with them regarding mice, keyboards etc... as well, where I either didn't have to send back the defective thing at all or they shipped the new one first. They even didn't check for hard-locks to warranty periods and everything was hashed out by a real CS rep on the phone, every time.

If they've changed from this paradigm that would be too bad. They seemed to really stand by their products.

Dealt with them twice of headphones and mouse, each time they respond is about a day and they paid for shipping. Didn't have to send the mouse back had to send the headphones back(shipping paid for). Worst thing i could say is shipping took awhile but way better customer service than most companies i've dealt with.

Last time I had to use them for RMA support, they were top notch.

My G7 mouse that I bought used started dropping the wireless connection. I contacted them, let them know what was going on, and told them I bought it used.

They asked me for the PID/serial and sent me a brand new G9 and told me to keep the G7.

I think calling them works better. They just verify you have a legit product (usually by reading them the serial number) then send you a new one. It takes about 10 minutes.

Granted my last experience was more than 5 years ago, but at the time it was always positive. I can remember when the paint started coming off my old generation 1 Logi G15 keyboard (blue backlight, monstrous size!) and they sent me a new, updated G15 MK2 (gold backlight) for free without having to send the original one back! I've had similar interactions with them regarding mice, keyboards etc... as well, where I either didn't have to send back the defective thing at all or they shipped the new one first. They even didn't check for hard-locks to warranty periods and everything was hashed out by a real CS rep on the phone, every time.

If they've changed from this paradigm that would be too bad. They seemed to really stand by their products.

5 Years ago they were amazing, today not so much. Most of it revolves around policy change when it comes to RMA's. The reason Logitech has a serial and Pid on every device is it tells them when it is in warranty or not. Also some product lines are pretty obvious. My experience with them 6 months ago pretty much left an extremely bad taste in my mouth after years of good service. It went as follows;

I had a keyboard that was 8 months old, it was one of their newer lines that had been out less than their 3 year warranty period. It also was one of the very few things I bought in a brick and mortar store vs my usual online. As such I honestly have no idea what happened to the receipt. However I have used logitech RMA's in the past and they had never once asked me for a receipt, simply to return the product if it was a premium product (never a problem). On this device which was clearly in warranty because that product had not even been available for the full duration of the warranty. They flat out refused to honor the warranty because I did not have a receipt. This to me was a complete slap in in the face and I went through several CSR's and supervisors arguing that a receipt was a stupid policy change especially for a product that had not even been available on the market longer than their warranty. They quoted me over and over the same tired argument of "Well it is to prevent abuse" to which I replied, "it is a premium product that you require me to send to you first, how can I possibly abuse that?" So it just got repeated over and over and over and the end result? I bought a keyboard from their competitor, ended up liking it even better and haven't bought anything logitech since. I'm extremely unlikely to buy from them any longer and pretty regularly discourage others from doing so. It is a shame really, they were once a really great company. A pity they hired some policy driven jackass who in an effort to stop a handful of abusers created a policy that likely drives away more honest customers than it prevents abuse.

the warranty abuse is from folks who buy refurbs and try to return for a new replacement

I don't see why requiring proof of purchase is really that unfair. Most b&m can pull up your transaction using your cc or various other details.

Because it is just an unreasonable expectation and serves no other purpose than to give them a means to not honor the warranty on a product. That PID and Serial tells them exactly what batch it was manufactured and when it rolled out. As such they know exactly if the product is in warranty or not. Requiring more information than that is just a thinly veiled attempt at dodging honoring their obligation of support. I fail to see how anyone could support that.

In my instance above, I purchased the keyboard from a Frys. I had to move during that period of time and had no means to return to the store to request a receipt. As such logitech got out of honoring the warranty on a product that was well within its warranty period. I had made no attempt at saving the receipt as my past experiences with them never required one. So for all intents and purposes I paid a premium for their product that was supposed to include a warranty and it did not because of an underhanded policy change.

Because it is just an unreasonable expectation and serves no other purpose than to give them a means to not honor the warranty on a product. That PID and Serial tells them exactly what batch it was manufactured and when it rolled out. As such they know exactly if the product is in warranty or not. Requiring more information than that is just a thinly veiled attempt at dodging honoring their obligation of support. I fail to see how anyone could support that.

In my instance above, I purchased the keyboard from a Frys. I had to move during that period of time and had no means to return to the store to request a receipt. As such logitech got out of honoring the warranty on a product that was well within its warranty period. I had made no attempt at saving the receipt as my past experiences with them never required one. So for all intents and purposes I paid a premium for their product that was supposed to include a warranty and it did not because of an underhanded policy change.

The warranty doesn't follow the manufacturing process, that would be really stupid if you bought a product that sat on a store shelf for a year that claimed it had a 1 year warranty and turns out the warranty is expired because it sat so long.

The warranty follows the date of purchase, that's pretty standard in most warranty agreements. Which is why you need a proof of purchase.

This is also a perfect example of why I don't shop brick and mortar stores for electronics. At least online, you have all your receipts at the click of a button.

The warranty doesn't follow the manufacturing process, that would be really stupid if you bought a product that sat on a store shelf for a year that claimed it had a 1 year warranty and turns out the warranty is expired because it sat so long.

The warranty follows the date of purchase, that's pretty standard in most warranty agreements. Which is why you need a proof of purchase.

This is also a perfect example of why I don't shop brick and mortar stores for electronics. At least online, you have all your receipts at the click of a button.

Most manufacturers have a means for you to enter the serial number on their website and check warranty status. Logitech used to, so that sort of flies in the face of your logic there. That might of applied years ago to some things or even certain products still. However in the case of electronics, they rarely sit on shelves for extended periods of time. Even more recently I had to do an RMA with Corsair. I gave them the requested serial, they verified warranty status in seconds with no receipt and Bam, RMA authorized and done.

I do agree with you on B&M though. When it comes to electronics, 99% of the time I order from newegg or Amazon. i almost never walk into a store any longer. This was a rare exception for me when my wifes keyboard got broken and she needed a keyboard that day. Either way though, even if i had access it is a terrible policy change when they have the tools in place to verify. Now if I was talking about a product line that had been out so long it could be outside their warranty, then sure. You can make an argument out of that. But when the warranty is 3 years and that particular line has been out less than 1 year. Well it is a pretty blatant attempt at not honoring the warranty. Receipt or no, there was no possible way for me to have a product Not covered.

Logitech might have the best warranty I've ever seen to be honest. The grip on my g9 was kinda flaking off a year ago, so i emailed them to see if I could just buy a new grip for it, and they replied to my email asking me my shipping address, and mailed me a brand new g9x free of charge and told me to keep the old mouse.

Well, I got a shipping notification email from logitech today which is good. The only concerning thing is that the list of included products is blank and the tracking information space is also blank.

Overall the process was somewhat terrible. Even now their website doesn't work for me. The first time I contacted them online my mouse wasn't even listed under their products. Now if I want to submit a warranty claim I am supposed to log in, but I supposedly already have an account, but it says that because of a recent change I have to reset my password by clicking the forgot password link. However, I never get the password reset email.

The short of it seems to be that you should just call them if you have a problem.

I had MANY RMA's with logitech over the years, almost all of them for the G5 mouse. I actually still use it to this day both at home and at work. Never any problem with them.

I called in once about a 5 year old MX Revolution that developed the left double click problem and flat out told them it was about 2 years past the warranty and was wondering if they could do anything.
The CSR said that they couldn't do anything about that mouse since it was so old, but he went ahead and gave me a 50% coupon code to purchase another mouse of my choice from their website.
I went ahead and chose the G700 mouse for $50.
The G700 was a good mouse but I went through 2 of them in no time, both developed the double click problem, and I fixed each one after they replaced it, so I have 2 used ones and had a brand new one which I recently sold to my brother.
The second one I fixed has started to double click again, so I'll go ahead and take it apart and fix the spring in the micro switch.

I also just bought a G602 to use on my laptop in the garage since the G700 battery doesn't last long and I don't have space to run it wired and didn't want to keep swapping batteries. the sale of hte G700 to my brother was to offset the cost of the G602.

Logitech might have the best warranty I've ever seen to be honest. The grip on my g9 was kinda flaking off a year ago, so i emailed them to see if I could just buy a new grip for it, and they replied to my email asking me my shipping address, and mailed me a brand new g9x free of charge and told me to keep the old mouse.
Had the same pleasant surprise with a G5 problem years ago. Especially nice since I had the v1 G5 (with one side button), Logitech replaced it with a v2 (two side buttons).

My G700 mouse started acting up and they were fantastic. They shipped a brand new G700s out and never even asked for the old G700 back.

My Logitech z506 speaker system was over 6 months past warranty and started producing a constant buzzing noise due to a faulty subwoofer. I contacted Logitech via support and got a pretty quick response giving me a list of troubleshooting methods. Sadly, none of them worked, so I thanked the guy for his help not expecting anything else due to the warranty period being over. A day later, I received an email telling me that a brand new replacement system was on its way to my house with 3-day shipping. They sent me a free boxed z506 with everything included and even sealed in wrapping with a heavily padded shipping box without even asking me to send in the broken unit. All of this was done without me asking them to do so; I had only asked if they had any recommendations for how to fix the previous one. That speaker system goes for $100 new - needless to say, that's how you get customers for life.

Aside from that, I also have a Logitech g930 headset that I sent in because the headset cup broke. That one was within warranty, and I did have to send it in. They followed it up by sending me a brand new headset. Overall, Logitech easily has some of the best support.

My only experience with Logitech's warranty was surprisingly positive. The wireless receiver for my mouse died and they sent me a new one - not a new receiver but the entire retail packaging for the mouse. I didn't even have to send the old one back.

Very positive experience as well. I've gone through more than a few Z-5500 speakers control pods and every time, they just send me a new set.

Same experience with my G5.

I was going to open a similar thread. I am trying to get in contact with Logitech about two RMAs, and they wont reply to emails(support ticket) after an initial "troubleshooting" one.

This is after multiple positive experiences in the past.

Call them, email support can be a bother but calling them has always been quick and painless.

I have found the best way to do with online rma support is to go ahead and explain everything before hand. If not the next reply will be try this, do this and uninstall that. If tell them you tried it on multiple pcs and the same problem was on all of them. That pretty much tells them the device is bad.

But Logitech has always treated me good when I had issues with a item. I'm sure there are horror stories about them also. I think it is all in how you compose yourself when talking to them or replying back. Common courtesy will move you ahead easier then fussing and demanding stuff.

Back