Anyone have any experience witht the Antec True430?

EPS Sniper

Gawd
I was thinking about picking up one of these power supplies and wanted to see what everyone thought about them. The search function is blown, so sorry if this may be a repost.

Um, they are badass. Absolutely enough power for even the most pumped up rig.

With the latest generation of Radeons, if you overclock, have a few lights and a Radeon 9x00, you need something like an Antec above 400 watts.

I've got it's bigger brother the 480 and it runs like a dream. I fried 2x 400 watt enermaxs, 1x 500 watt no name and countless 350s before I spent the money for my TrueBlue (True Power /w Blue fans go figure) You can't go wrong with that. I would consider getting the 480 since it's not that much more and gives you a little bit more overhead.

Defently a 5 of 5

My 430 has run everything i've thrown at it these past 2 years without a hiccup.

newinside.jpg

the 480 is about 12 dollars more than the 430. reading the reviews on newegg, it seems as though many of these burn up. it may just be a few select cases, but I think that 430 should suffice. the reason im getting a new power supply is that I haven't really been burning good cds lately, and I think that the system gets really taxed burning cds. especially when I'm doing other stuff on the computer. not to mention that if i want to upgrade anytime in the future, i will need something more than the 300 watts i have now.

thanks for the input so far guys.

My Antec 430 Truepower has been running my P4 system for over a year with no problems. Nice and quiet.

430's great, and futureproof too, it's beefy enough to handle upgrades, and has SATA connectors built in (which may not be such a 'feature' for some people) now. overall a pretty badass unit, i am running an older trueblue 480 as well, and i have had no problems with either... well..

Actually, i shorted the 12v/ground on my original 430 truepower... and the fans stopped spinning. I ran it like this for weeks - months before i even noticed (who checks their power supply fans while the computer is on regularly anyways? When disassembling my brother's PC i noticed how hot his PSU was...

I didn't realize the fans were dead 'til i started testing components with it (out of case). It was pretty amazing since there was no issues with it for that long. Quality construction, and no instability either. RMA was painless as well.

All of the Antec TruePowers I have encountered run great...Defiantely get it...

BTW...Shouldn't this be in General Hardware:p

havent had a problem with mine Im even planning on modding it a little to a plug as needed console output.

UPDATE: i just got my 430 in the mail today and installed it. so far it works nice, but i can't help but feel a little nervous as it is brand new. i'll try to post up some pics later when my case doesn't look like shit inside.

thanks to all those who replied.....

Back