Anyone have any experience with Malibal laptops?

SDyar

Weaksauce
I am looking to sell my Sandy Bridge MBP and get something more powerful and windows-based. After looking around for a week or so, I think I have settled on the Malibal Satori P170EM with the 7970m. I looked at a view other vendors of pretty much the same laptop, but I saw on a few review sites that Malibal has awesome customer service (as opposed to Sager, Falcon Northwest). Does anyone have any firsthand experience with them? I was mostly wondering about build quality, customer service if something goes wrong, and how long they take to build it.

Also, opinions on the 90% NTSC Display? Is it worth $185? Really seems like more than I might need.

Thanks in advance!

I have no experience with them but was reading another thread just now and that brand popped up. Might want to PM him and ask:

I have a Malibal Lotus P150EM SE (Sager 9150/Clevo P150EM). It's probably as work station quality as you can get with a gaming laptop. I've had thinkpads, precision laptops, latitudes, etc. This is the best I've ever owned. I got mine just before the 7970/680 came out, so I'm rocking the 675 in it, but its fast as a mother. It's heavy (as workstation type laptops would be) at around 7lbs, but the screen is awesome, its quite (when not playing games), and the backlit keyboard is aweeeeesome.

I was always looking for a gaming machine that did not scream (look at me). These are really understated systems and can be purchased with NO branding on them at all.

http://www.malibal.com/boutique/pc/configurePrd.asp?idproduct=525

Direct link to thread: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1701010

Malibal does have great CS. I don't know much about the 170, only the 150. Didn't need one that big! On the 150, the display IS worth it. Best screen I've ever used. It's one of the high end thinkpad displays I guess. The matte is beautiful. Build quality is top notch. Mine took about a month from the time I paid to the time I got it. There are some issues with the 7970 right now if I remember correctly those are getting delayed, again, for a while. Everyone seems to like them so far. They have a forum, forum.malibal.com, but it seems down right now. Sucks though, because if you make like 5 posts, you get a $50 discount, plus another discount for orders over 1300. I ended up paying around 1200 or so for mine I think after discounts.

Thanks for the help, I ordered the P170EM (with the upgraded display) today. They gave me the $50 off forum discount even though the forums were down. They also said the 7970 is back in stock and the laptop should ship by next week. I am stoked!!

Back