Anyone have any experience with Bush Business Furniture?

Straypuft

Limp Gawd
Looking at This desk and maybe a matching hutch:
http://www.staples.com/Bush-Cubix-60-inch-Desk-Beech-Slate-Gray/product_456218

How are these things usually delivered? I find it hard to see them being loaded onto a regular Fedex or UPS delivery van due to their size and weight, I worry that the desktop surface could easily get scratched as some reviews mention on amazon for this series of desk.

I am looking to replace my HON desk of the same size due to accidentally damaging the laminate surface a few years ago(was cutting some balsa wood without a cutting board and the knife blade dug into the laminate and it eventually peeled off revealing a sticky adhesive substance thats hard to get rid of easily.)

Now if a sharp object digs into the particle board where there used to be laminate, it sometimes pulls out board substance leaving pockmarks in the surface making it difficult to write on paper if I need to.

Shoutout to the admin for making this subforum as It may be of great use since desks and other gaming/office furniture and chairs have a huge place in our world.

In my experience ordering things from Staples is they deliver to your local store OR right to your door. Depends on the box size.

I saw that series and it is relevant to my interests, but does it have a rear edge where you can use monitor stands that clip/tighten onto the back of the desk?

I haven't looked at the back of it in years. I'll double check when I get home tonight but I believe the desktop is pretty flush with the side/rear base. If there is a lip it'll only be a centimeter or two deep. If you were handy enough/wanted to do the work you could cut part of the back support away to make room for your monitor stands. I don't think it would compromise the integrity of the desk all that much.

My computer room is lined wall to wall with Bush Series A furniture. 3 desks, a bookshelf, and a 3 drawer thinger. The quality is great, but I believe Series A is their most commercial line as well. It comes packed tightly in a box and wouldn't have damage unless the shipping company drops it, which would be evident on arrival.

My first computer desk & credenza combo was a HON, and it lasted me around 7-8 years (could've been longer, but I had to move and ended up with new furniture in the bargain) -- those things were built to last!

My first computer desk & credenza combo was a HON, and it lasted me around 7-8 years (could've been longer, but I had to move and ended up with new furniture in the bargain) -- those things were built to last!
If I knew how to strip the surface of the remaining surface and adhesive, I would then love to learn how to fill in the pockmarks I made and resurface this thing, I would totally do it, Might be cheaper, but using adhesive solvents in my poorly ventilated room might be a bad idea.

Get a sheet of tempered 1/4" glass cut to the exact dimensions of your desktop, polished edges. The weight of the same sheet will keep it firmly in place but if you're extra-paranoid, put a few thin rubber pads around the perimeter to keep it from sliding around. Quite literally makes for a strong and "smooth as glass" surface!

My computer room is lined wall to wall with Bush Series A furniture. 3 desks, a bookshelf, and a 3 drawer thinger. The quality is great, but I believe Series A is their most commercial line as well. It comes packed tightly in a box and wouldn't have damage unless the shipping company drops it, which would be evident on arrival.

Yeah I got my loft filled with only Bush Series A stuff...the quality is great...I got 2 Series A corner desks, Series A bookshelf, Series A printer stand and am looking at either a 36" or 48' straight desk to finish my set.

Attachments

• IMG_20170909_154544.jpg
    IMG_20170909_154544.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 21
Back