Anyone have an N-Gage?

cLaWz

Limp Gawd
Been thinking about getting one of these, mainly because of all the functions it has rolled into one. Havent actually gone to a store yet and tried one out but Ive heard alot of good things about it as long as your overcome a few bad things like the catridge placement, and how you talk on the thing (gg headset!)

It sounds extremely interesting as a multi function device. I work alot of night shifts for a security company and they can be very very very very dull. So I was looking into getting like a Gameboy SP, then I need a cell phone. That right there is 300 bucks not including games for it. I can get an N-Gage locally for $199 w/ 3 free games.

Any info is much appreciated!

it's absolute garbage.

get a gameboy and a cell phone and keep them in different pockets... :eek:

You mean N-Gayge? To switch out different games, I've heard it takes a lot of effort. ... taking off the battery or something.... :rolleyes:

bjork, that doesnt work. Try carrying various keys, cell phones, radio's, keycards, etc while on a security job (unarmed so no duty belt). You run out of room quick... why I was looking at the N-Gage since its an all in one type deal.

Concerning the game changing. That is why you buy a large 512+ MMC card and transfer all your games to one card so you dont have to change them. Problem solved.

I did do alittle more research then the avg person who just reads a bunch of misguided news pieces. Only real complaints I have seen on it are the game changing, and how you talk into the thing without a headset. Both of which are easily corrected. What really intrigues me is the fact it can be used as an FM Radio/Mp3 Player as well as play DVD quality video's, resized of course. Would help for those long 15H night shifts Ive been pulling :eek:

Originally posted by cLaWz
bjork, that doesnt work. Try carrying various keys, cell phones, radio's, keycards, etc while on a security job (unarmed so no duty belt). You run out of room quick... why I was looking at the N-Gage since its an all in one type deal.

Concerning the game changing. That is why you buy a large 512+ MMC card and transfer all your games to one card so you dont have to change them. Problem solved.

I did do alittle more research then the avg person who just reads a bunch of misguided news pieces. Only real complaints I have seen on it are the game changing, and how you talk into the thing without a headset. Both of which are easily corrected. What really intrigues me is the fact it can be used as an FM Radio/Mp3 Player as well as play DVD quality video's, resized of course. Would help for those long 15H night shifts Ive been pulling :eek:

Sony is coming out with their own multifunction thing called the PSP...I would wait for that if I were you...

If you are really in a rush, you could get the N-Gage and hen come back and tell us what you think of it...

Playing games is the last thing you want to do with this contraption. Almost all of the launch titles are horrendous.

The software selection is average at best, the buttons are cumbersome, the screen has the absolute worst aspect ratio, you have to remove the whole back and the battery in order to change games, and don't forget "totally side-talkin'." About the only nice thing about them, in my opinion, is the wireless multiplayer feature. Plus it's about the size of a standard GBA, meaning that a smallish cellphone and a GBA SP together would be about the same size. There's just no good reason to not to get two superior devices except for the fact that they're two devices instead of one.

i tryed a N-gadge at CPL and it sucked ass. the graphics looked horrible also. stick with gameboy i know i am

I've got a Motorola mpx200, which may suit your needs, but if I were in your position, I'd wait for the next round of devices to come out (ie mpx220). The mpx200 can play any of the games made for pocket pc with the right software tinkering, as well as play back scaled down dvds. The main flaw is the battery, which I usually recharge every two days with moderate use (really not that bad, but not really that good either). Also, the mpx200 has a bit of a "rushed out the door" feel, like a lack of bluetooth and not being able to put parenthesis in text messages. My advice is to wait for the next gen smartphones with more refinement, I know I am.

Why anyone would want something other than a gameboy sp is beyond me. There are so many good games on the gba. I really don't think the psp is going to put a chink a nintendo's armor. Most people who have a gameboy are under 13 (not calling it kiddie ;) ) and I highly doubt they are going to be buying a 200+ psp. And a cell phone and a gpa sp are about he same size as the ngage and half the price.

Originally posted by cLaWz

Cargo pants a nifty shirt with pockets wear 2 shirts both with pockets sew soem extra pockets into your pants and underwear buy a cool ulitity belt or a fanny pack

Only real complaints I have seen on it are the game changing, and how you talk into the thing without a headset. Both of which are easily corrected.

There are a few other problems, such as an absolute lack of quality games for the system. Developer support is drying up quick. You'll be wasting your money if you buy this thing.

Originally posted by primelink
Cargo pants a nifty shirt with pockets wear 2 shirts both with pockets sew soem extra pockets into your pants and underwear buy a cool ulitity belt or a fanny pack
Jesus he's not McGuyver or Batman

Originally posted by Kintoun

LOL. NICE.
He goes to stop someone that’s trespassing and pulls out a batarang from his utility belt. Now that’s security for ya.

Well back on topic. M friend decided to buy an Ngage and he absolutely hates it. It's mostly because the games suck and are not as good as a GBA. So I say if you want to game, and have a cell phone. Get a GBA, and a decent cell phone. Remember if you get a GBA you are not going to use your cell to game.

Originally posted by Kintoun

no but he could be

give me 5 min he will be the best security guard on earth and have fun when danger takes the night off

Back