Anyone have a Ubiquiti EdgeRouter 8...and a Kill-A-Watt meter?

BigBadAl

Limp Gawd
I have searched, but can`t seem to find what I`m looking for...

Anyone with said device put it on a kill-a-watt yet?

Datasheet on UBNT site indicates `Max. Power Consumption` of 40 Watts, but my lowly D525 Dual 1.8Ghz Atom box, running Untangle only draws a lowly 19 Watts.

Anyone have any `actual` power consumption figures?

I`m wanting to try one of these out and of course it has to be a rack mounted one, hence the EdgeRouter 8 which is the smallest/cheapest rack mounted version.

Thanks

Get a Lite with an RF Armor 1U bracket. The bracket is about $60.

Actually, not a bad plan, I could put the toughswitch in the bay next to it, however, trying to source the RF Armour 1u bracket in the UK is like .......

Well, it`s difficult.....

one place that does list it, even though it`s out of stock, has it for almost £70 +p+p.

Will continue looking though.

In the meantime, anyone with real-world power usage, feel free to chime in!

cheers

Yea, it's a pain to source here in Canada as well. They charge $50+ just on shipping which is bullshit. It should be $20 at most.

Ah, well that`s my secondary plan out the window then, planning a trip to to Canada later this year.... not just to buy a bracket though...

Still no one got an edgerouter 8 with real world power figures?

Starting to see a pattern emerge here, all this stuff is available in the states but not here.:(

They also do a dual version like the RF Arnor one for like $30, I`d get my ass kicked on the shipping for that though and then they`d stick import taxes on it as well.....

How are we supposed to have a well presented rack when they keep doing this to us!?!?:p;):D

Starting to see a pattern emerge here, all this stuff is available in the states but not here.:(

They also do a dual version like the RF Arnor one for like $30, I`d get my ass kicked on the shipping for that though and then they`d stick import taxes on it as well.....

How are we supposed to have a well presented rack when they keep doing this to us!?!?:p;):D

How about something like this?
http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/555-20820

Don't have an 8 but the Lite draws just under 7 watts just sitting there. Connecting a live but no data flow cable adds a few tenths of a watt.

Back