Anyone have a Gigabyte Windforce 980?

Sycraft

Supreme [H]ardness
If so, what kind of temps/GPU power/core speed/fan speed you seeing in Furmark?

I have one and it seems to work fine, but I'm a little concerned maybe its cooling solution isn't doing its job as well as it should. When I run Furmark it pretty quickly hits 80 degrees C and then starts to throttle down settling on 75% GPU power, 1227MHz core speed, and 61% fan speed.

Case has reasonable cooling it in, it is a Corsair 540 with 2x 140mm fans in the front (also one on the back and one on the top), one of which is tied to a thermal sensor stuck on the card.

Is this expected and does it jive with your experience? It's not problematic per se, it isn't like the thing is shutting down, crashing or going real slow, it just seems the cooling solution isn't really doing its job. For something that supposedly handles 600 watts of dissipation running on a card that pulls less than 200 I would think it would do a bit more.

I own 2 of the G1 overclocked versions of your card and they never throttle, I'm over licking them to 1521/8000 with a minor voltage bump , 70 percent fan and temps in the mid to upper 50s. Don't run Furmark that program is BS, play any game you own and it will be 20c less I bet. My vpu usage is high 90s but my TDP in sli is only in the 60s ( most likely a bug ) How do you know it's throttling? Are you recording the clocks to see them drop?

I own 2 of the G1 overclocked versions of your card and they never throttle, I'm over licking them to 1521/8000 with a minor voltage bump , 70 percent fan and temps in the mid to upper 50s. Don't run Furmark that program is BS, play any game you own and it will be 20c less I bet. My vpu usage is high 90s but my TDP in sli is only in the 60s ( most likely a bug ) How do you know it's throttling? Are you recording the clocks to see them drop?

I know its throttling because Furmark note the fact. It also notes the clocks.

^this

Unigine Heaven and Valley are both good choices, though it seems the conensus is that Heaven is more stressful, and I do agree.

I own a g1 gaming 980 and it is running great for me . I use adaptive power management and it can boost to 1540 np in firestrike demo

Back