anyone have a 2700 + 1060 6gb and play pubg?

DEXb0t

n00b
I currently have a i7 4790k, 32gb of pc10700, a 1060 6gb and samsung 860ssd. When i play pubg for the majority of the game it sits at 100-140fps but i notice a lot of the time i'm either in a city with a other players or even just aiming a scope there is a small hiccup that is enough to get me killed, consistently. At first I thought it was my old video card a xfx 6950. After upgrading to the 1060, game play and graphics did get substantially better, but i'm worried its now the cpu/ram that are limiting me and causing an extremely annoying shudder ever time I try to aim at some one.

I'm hoping i can upgrade to a 2700 and that will solve the problem. So my question is..

Does anyone have a 2700 or 2700x and 1060 6gb that play Playerunknow's Battlegrounds and is it 100% smooth?

I have a Ryzen 7 2700 and a GTX 1070 and also get random dips for no obvious reasons. I can be in a town or in an open area with or without other players around and the gpu usage drops to 40-50% and I get a big stutter. Then it goes away and back to 95-99% gpu load. So I'm not sure your current platform is the issue.

My biggest issue is when i'm aiming. Every time I use the scope or just right click to use the sights there is a small bit of lag/ shudder. When you're in a gun fight especially at close range, its game over.

How much ram do you have?

Well thank you for the input. I think I should do fine with a 2700x even for gaming. Either way I really don't want to spend the money on a 9900k.

Does that happen with any other games? PUBG is kind of a shit game tbh :/

I had similar issues on Destiny 2. Fresh OS install fixed a myriad of gaming problems

I have a 1060GB 6GB with a 6800K and 32gb of ram for my wife machine and she plays pubg with me and it doesn't stutter. You are probably having some sort of driver issues because a 2700x should run great.

Back